RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > Castle Creations

Mamba Monster BEC
Old
  (#1)
ZippyBasher
8th scale Stunt-Driver/Mechanic

Mamba Monster BEC - 01.12.2011, 06:24 PM

I just got a new Mamba Monster for Christmas and I am having some trouble. When I turn back and forth on my servo I lose ALL power to the system.

Example: If the car is just sitting still but plugged in all ready to go. If I turn left and right very rapidly and I lose ALL power. The reciever light will go out and I have no steering or throttle. If I let it sit in the neutral position for a second or two the receiver light comes back on and I have power again.

I was testing my buggy in front of my house and I lost all power, letting the buggy "wander" right into the curb. No way to turn or even brake. This is un-useable as is right now.

I am just using a Bluebird 175oz/in servo. Nothing overkill. My other MMM takes my Hitec 7950-TH no problems. I am just kinda pissed right now. I went and bought a capacitor to try and put it in the empty Batt slot on my reciever to see if this helps the issue.

Does this sound like a Bad BEC to anyone. I dont want to have to send this unit in, and wait at least 3 weeks to be able to drive my RC. I just got this!

Maxx - FLM, MMM, CD Med.36x706s
Raja - FLM Ext. MM, 1512, 4s
SC8ight - MMM, 1520, 6s
D8T - MMM 1717 6s

My OVERPOWERED Rides "CLICK"

Like Playing Cards? Cut-Throat Rummy "CLICK"

Old
  (#2)
Pdelcast
RC-Monster Titanium

01.12.2011, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippyBasher View Post
I just got a new Mamba Monster for Christmas and I am having some trouble. When I turn back and forth on my servo I lose ALL power to the system.

Example: If the car is just sitting still but plugged in all ready to go. If I turn left and right very rapidly and I lose ALL power. The reciever light will go out and I have no steering or throttle. If I let it sit in the neutral position for a second or two the receiver light comes back on and I have power again.

I was testing my buggy in front of my house and I lost all power, letting the buggy "wander" right into the curb. No way to turn or even brake. This is un-useable as is right now.

I am just using a Bluebird 175oz/in servo. Nothing overkill. My other MMM takes my Hitec 7950-TH no problems. I am just kinda pissed right now. I went and bought a capacitor to try and put it in the empty Batt slot on my reciever to see if this helps the issue.

Does this sound like a Bad BEC to anyone. I dont want to have to send this unit in, and wait at least 3 weeks to be able to drive my RC. I just got this!
Zippy,

Do you have another servo you can swap out to see if it might be a bad servo?

Thanx!

Patrick

Patrick del Castillo
President, Principle Engineer
Castle Creations

Old
  (#3)
ZippyBasher

01.12.2011, 06:44 PM

Yes I have a few. I will swap em tonight and do a few tests...

It was running fine last race. BUT I was using a reciever pack and a Mamba Max without BEC. Soooo.... I will report back tonight. Thanks Patrick!

Sean

SC8ight - MMM, 1520, 6s
D8T - MMM 1717 6s

Old
  (#4)
DrKnow65
RC-Monster Aluminum

01.12.2011, 11:11 PM

Make sure your end points are set correctly, if the servo gets to the end of the steering travel it will bind up causing higher than usual amp draw.

Sorry if you've already considered this, sometimes I just have to go back to basics...

If I could only draw what I see in my head, then afford to build it, and finaly get to play with it...

Old
  (#5)
Kcaz25
RC-Monster Titanium

01.12.2011, 11:45 PM

Some people love those bluebirds and I remember some people said they were crap.

Old
  (#6)
ZippyBasher

01.13.2011, 12:39 AM

Well, This isn't looking good.

So I hooked up my rustler's servo to the setup I was running. I had the rustler upside down so not much load at all on the system. Did the quick turning and after a couple seconds. Lights out...

SO, I reset-up the buggy and I soldered that Cap. ( 16v 1000m) to an old servo lead. Plugged it in the Batt terminal on the RX and proceeded to try and duplicate the lights out. It worked perfectly fine. I could slowly inch the tires sideways untill full tilt. Then the other way and do it quick and had no hiccups at all.

I then unplugged the cap from the RX and tried it again. Steering was horrible, It twitched all the way if I slowly went side to side and just would cut out fully if I went quick. Replugged the Cap again and all is well...

Whats up? BEC working, but WEAK?

Last thing I will try and rule out tomorrow is the RX as I have another in the Maxx. But like I said it was working just fine with a RX pack...???

Thanks for the Help I really do appreciate it.

Sean

PS Bluebird is working fine so far and its over a year old for $20

SC8ight - MMM, 1520, 6s
D8T - MMM 1717 6s

Old
  (#7)
ZippyBasher

01.13.2011, 03:45 PM

I am hoping Someone from Castle will be able to help me out on this. I should not have to modify this out of the box... And I am just worried If I am going 50mph and I get a blackout, that wrecks my car I will be SOL and will be royally pissed.

I dont know if there is anyway I can get a replacement sent with a mailer to send this unit back in... I just wanna go Race.... I appreciate any consideration on the matter.

Thanks, Sean.

SC8ight - MMM, 1520, 6s
D8T - MMM 1717 6s

Old
  (#8)
Pdelcast
RC-Monster Titanium

01.13.2011, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippyBasher View Post
I am hoping Someone from Castle will be able to help me out on this. I should not have to modify this out of the box... And I am just worried If I am going 50mph and I get a blackout, that wrecks my car I will be SOL and will be royally pissed.

I dont know if there is anyway I can get a replacement sent with a mailer to send this unit back in... I just wanna go Race.... I appreciate any consideration on the matter.

Thanks, Sean.
Hi Sean,

Contact our tech support. They probably will be able to help you out.

Thanx!

Patrick

Patrick del Castillo
President, Principle Engineer
Castle Creations

Old
  (#9)
ZippyBasher

01.13.2011, 04:16 PM

Ok I sent an E-mail to Tech support. Hopefully they are willing to work with me on this. I referenced this thread just in case.

Thank You Sir, for taking your time to address my issue.

Sean

SC8ight - MMM, 1520, 6s
D8T - MMM 1717 6s