Well, I have built a bash revo, modified trough the roof
And now Iīm stepping up, leaving Traxxas and building a little Hpi monster instead
First of all I took a look at the weakpoints of the flux, this is what I came up with:
*Gearbox - HD gears is okay but not good enough in the long term.
*Rear tierods/knuckles - If you donīt break the knuckle you break the "tab" of the bulkhead.
*Chassis - can you say candycane?
*Hexes - I personaly canīt stand with those 17mm hexes, rims breaking all the time and I keep stripping the hexshape in the wheels.
*Internal gears in the diffs are to weak and doesnīt have enough shims from factory.
*The screws to the bumpers breaks sometimes and you canīt get them out.
*The upper hingepin retainers arenīt doing their job very well.
*The hingepin braces are too weak.
And worst of all, as Mc once said, itīs a big fat pig, and I donīt like that
So, I started to ask around on ebay if any seller that are deassembling new fluxes and parting them out were willing to remove the parts I didnīt want and just ship me a "roller". My request were answered by the seller Integrajspec.
This was the parts I didnīt want:
*No knuckles/steeringblocks ( the whole assembly out on the end of the a-arm).
Everything went smooth and my package arrived, I started to do some mokeups to see how I wanted things, so I ended up ditching the radio box and the whole motormount/plate assembly.
And I couldnīt find any site that had Goldenhorizons aluminum bulkheads in stock but I was lucky and accidently got some stock bulkheads from the guy I bought the roller from so that will have to do for now, I also ended up buying plastic knuckles for the front and Rear tie rod eliminators for the rear.
All the stuff:
I started with the diff shimming, I used four 0.1 shims ( like it came from factory ) under each small internal gear:
And then Iīm using one 0.2 shim under one of the big internal gears and no gasket between the ringgear and the diffcup:
I will later on change to using the gasket and one 0.2 shim under each big internal gear.
Then I started with the project to get this little bugger in:
This was the first mokeup: