PDA

View Full Version : Whose gonna get one?

captain harlock
01.19.2008, 11:39 AM
Well, the Tekin R1 PRO is instock finally.

Who wants to get one? :)

bdebde
01.19.2008, 01:20 PM
you can be the guinea pig! lol

captain harlock
01.19.2008, 02:07 PM
No problem. I really need one for the MRX-4X project.

bdebde
01.19.2008, 03:03 PM
Let us know how it works out/review.

BlackedOutREVO
01.19.2008, 04:20 PM
I ordered one, but im sending it back, Need the $$$

captain harlock
01.19.2008, 04:56 PM
Wha...?!!!

BlackedOutREVO
01.19.2008, 05:01 PM
It was going in my .5 with the new motor...... But I bought another car.....

lutach
01.19.2008, 05:40 PM
I already saw one in ebay. That was fast LOL.

captain harlock
01.19.2008, 07:54 PM
I have to wait until it goes on reviews by editors and customers, first. I might get it, then.

johnrobholmes
01.19.2008, 08:35 PM
Betcha it is a solid controller.

lutach
01.19.2008, 08:51 PM
Betcha it is a solid controller.

I think I read somewhere people were having trouble with it when it rolls backwards it would cog a bit to go forward again.

johnrobholmes
01.19.2008, 09:34 PM
I think I read somewhere people were having trouble with it when it rolls backwards it would cog a bit to go forward again.

If tekin is still as great as they used to be, they will be able to update that as the engineers figure out better.

It is kinda crazy that these hobby companies really have to hire engineers to be competitive. I think that is why Castle has done so well considering how many many products they have available, Pat is an engineer along with two or three others. Starting up a sensorless motor is a mess to accomplish.

RC-Monster Mike
01.20.2008, 01:06 PM

This is somewhat inherent in the sensorless strategy - I can assure you that the Tekin controller suffers significantly less cogging than most - particularly with a neu motor, which many other controllers will hardly run or run poorly IMO.
I have the R1Pro in the new emaxx here - only a little testing so far, but it handles the 7xl motor geared for low-mid 40mph pretty easily so far. It is too cold outside to make any real life temperature assessments, and I haven't been through all the programming settings/results yet, but so far it is a nice controller with a small footprint that works as smooth as any other sensorless controller on the market - smoother than most in fact. The current limit feature alone puts it in a class all its own as well, by allowing you to tame the low end power a bit (without current limit, the emaxx almost did a complete back flip from a rolling start - accident on my part! - with full current limit, it will wheelie over from a standstill and keeps the front end down once it is moving - still accerates like mad, though - just tames it enough to keep the front end mostly on the ground. I am excited to get more testing done on these, and the 1/8 version of this controller should be superb. Tekin is putting sensor capability on their brushless controllers at the moment - this will be beneficial for high rollout applications (4 cell on road, for example, where any sensorless system would have a similar struggle on startup), and will be the best way to run a Novak motor. I wouldn't hesitate to suggest the R1Pro for anyone looking to get one - the small footprint and high current carrying capacity (36 high quality FETS vs. 18 or 24 in many others) make this controller ideal for many applications. :)

jhautz
01.20.2008, 01:48 PM
Are you planning to stock them Mike?

lutach
01.20.2008, 02:37 PM
This is somewhat inherent in the sensorless strategy - I can assure you that the Tekin controller suffers significantly less cogging than most - particularly with a neu motor, which many other controllers will hardly run or run poorly IMO.
I have the R1Pro in the new emaxx here - only a little testing so far, but it handles the 7xl motor geared for low-mid 40mph pretty easily so far. It is too cold outside to make any real life temperature assessments, and I haven't been through all the programming settings/results yet, but so far it is a nice controller with a small footprint that works as smooth as any other sensorless controller on the market - smoother than most in fact. The current limit feature alone puts it in a class all its own as well, by allowing you to tame the low end power a bit (without current limit, the emaxx almost did a complete back flip from a rolling start - accident on my part! - with full current limit, it will wheelie over from a standstill and keeps the front end down once it is moving - still accerates like mad, though - just tames it enough to keep the front end mostly on the ground. I am excited to get more testing done on these, and the 1/8 version of this controller should be superb. Tekin is putting sensor capability on their brushless controllers at the moment - this will be beneficial for high rollout applications (4 cell on road, for example, where any sensorless system would have a similar struggle on startup), and will be the best way to run a Novak motor. I wouldn't hesitate to suggest the R1Pro for anyone lookig to get one - the small footprint and high current carrying capacity (36 high quality FETS vs. 18 or 24 in many others) make this controller ideal for many applications. :)

Sounds real nice Mike. I was just saying what some guys who I believe were using them in races. Now, does it handle only 3S lipos? I'm asking this because when they first had the specs on them it said 6S lipos. Have you tested it with a Neu?

captain harlock
01.20.2008, 07:10 PM
I think you can make it handle 5s maxximum like the Mamba Max.

With Mike's feedback, I don't think I'll hesitate in getting one.

RC-Monster Mike
01.21.2008, 09:09 AM
The controller is technically rated for 3s Lipo - just like the MM. By disabling the BEC, the controller can handle 5s no sweat - likely even 6s, though 6s voltage doesn't leave much room for error IMO(bad gearing or motor choice along with heavy braking with a fresh charged 6s pack may not be such a good idea).
I do intend to get them stocked and listed - I have them ordered from my distributor (should arrive this week).

captain harlock
01.21.2008, 09:33 AM
Cool.

Did you get any info regarding the 8th scale controller?

TY@TEAMTEKIN
01.22.2008, 05:32 PM
The only troubles that have been addressed are running the 10.5 and slower slotted sensored motors with 4-cell oval and 12th scale. The rollouts on these cars is crazy, something like the car would have to travel almost 5" to get a position reading on the motor and it has trouble starting them. Running mod, all day long guys. It's crazy-nut fast in my tourer with the higher kV motors on only 2s. You guys won't have any problems with them running offroad and such, I surely can't complain about being able to pull the wheels off the ground cruising at half throttle and stabbing it :mdr:

BlackedOutREVO
01.22.2008, 05:53 PM
A 5s controller huh?

I wish I could keep mine

captain harlock
01.22.2008, 08:11 PM
Hey, Ty, do you have specs on the R1 8th scale controller?

jhautz
01.23.2008, 11:50 PM
A 5s controller huh?

I wish I could keep mine

Keep yours? You have one already?

BlackedOutREVO
01.24.2008, 12:13 AM
Got it from HK......

Its going back though

jhautz
01.24.2008, 12:23 AM
Why?

BlackedOutREVO
01.24.2008, 12:31 AM
Im dirt broke...... I bought a new rc car

jhautz
01.24.2008, 12:32 AM
That sucks about the R1P, but awesome about the new car:lol:

BlackedOutREVO
01.24.2008, 12:33 AM
Should be here by friday =)

MTBikerTim
01.24.2008, 12:44 AM
What is it?

captain harlock
01.24.2008, 06:30 AM
The car, I believe.

Hey, may one of the mods correct the "whose" into "who's" in the thread's title, please?

BlackedOutREVO
01.30.2008, 09:15 PM
Well lol, I am about to order a R1PRO again..... After paying to send it back, im buying another one..... and the new car I just got is up for sale....

My LRP TC Sphere for my cyclone blew up, so I need a new speedo, screw LRP's CS, and the price to fix it... So lol r1 pro!!!!

nl12
02.11.2008, 09:20 AM
does this controler work with neu motors?

captain harlock
02.11.2008, 11:52 AM
According to Monster Cronin, yes.

It's also the smoothest thing to run the Neu in the Market.