RC-Monster Forums

RC-Monster Forums (https://www.rc-monster.com/forum/index.php)
-   Revo (https://www.rc-monster.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   RC-Monster Mike so what's the plan? (https://www.rc-monster.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32242)

re-hooked 11.01.2015 09:06 AM

RC-Monster Mike so what's the plan?

Howdy Mike -

So what is the barrier to another run of Hybrid Revo Diffs? I'd purchase at least 3 sets for myself and there are few other members looking for these elusive components.

Holidays are coming....why not make a young man smile!:yipi::lol::smile:

Re-Hooked

RC-Monster Mike 11.10.2015 05:00 PM

Honestly, I was never completely happy with them, due to the inherent limitations in the Traxxas design(not enough room in the bulks for properly sized pinion bearings that can take the abuse). I have a V4 about 90% designed, but haven't completed them due this very thing - a hybrid bulk would be better(though costly).

Mr E-Maxx 11.10.2015 06:13 PM

Hey Mike,

Will you start again with Revo Parts if your ready with the Maxx line?
I would like to see some Hybrid Diffs or Bulks and a V-Revo Chassis with LCG.

RC-Monster Mike 11.10.2015 06:17 PM

I have a V-Revo chassis concept largely worked out in my brain, but haven't got it drawn up yet - likely very soon, though. Lots of stuff rolling around in my head - just not enough time in a day!

Mr E-Maxx 11.11.2015 04:33 PM

If you made a Set of Diff/Bulks and a Chassis I will buy one maybe tow.
Every time when I saw a G3R I like to hit myself. I had the chance to buy one but I was to stupid.

phildogg 11.11.2015 08:53 PM

A revo chassis would be sweet.

re-hooked 11.12.2015 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RC-Monster Mike (Post 430227)
Honestly, I was never completely happy with them, due to the inherent limitations in the Traxxas design(not enough room in the bulks for properly sized pinion bearings that can take the abuse). I have a V4 about 90% designed, but haven't completed them due this very thing - a hybrid bulk would be better(though costly).

So...I have 3 fully built Revos now. And truth be told I probably should not call them "Revos". The only stock part on any of them is the screws and bulk heads. Everything else is a custom part. That said...what do you mean by "Costly"? I'm more than 5K or 6K into this hobby...and don't think I'm going to stop any time soon.

What if you based them off of the LST diffs and casing?

re-hooked 11.12.2015 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr E-Maxx (Post 430234)
If you made a Set of Diff/Bulks and a Chassis I will buy one maybe tow.
Every time when I saw a G3R I like to hit myself. I had the chance to buy one but I was to stupid.

Ditto...I'd buy 2 or 3 as well. Nitro/Lipo chassis diffs and bulks would all work. Power source matters not.

re-hooked 11.12.2015 07:03 PM

what's a V-Revo?

RC-Monster Mike 11.12.2015 07:47 PM

LST diff cases require bulkhead modification - the ONLY way to get a 16mm pinion bearing into a Revo would be to modify the bulks(or make a new bulk with ample room).

A V-Revo would be an RC-Monster Victory series chassis for the ERevo, much like the V-Maxx chassis. :-)

re-hooked 11.13.2015 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RC-Monster Mike (Post 430242)
LST diff cases require bulkhead modification - the ONLY way to get a 16mm pinion bearing into a Revo would be to modify the bulks(or make a new bulk with ample room).

A V-Revo would be an RC-Monster Victory series chassis for the ERevo, much like the V-Maxx chassis. :-)

V-Revo gotcha...so want I need is a BV-Revo (modified chassis for Big Block Victory Nitro engine series chassis). If there is a way to allow a BB to be mounted rear center on a chassis I think that would be sweet?

Whatchathinkofdabe

nitrostarter 11.13.2015 09:57 AM

Nitro?????

RC-Monster Mike 11.13.2015 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by re-hooked (Post 430243)
V-Revo gotcha...so want need a BV-Revo (modified chassis for Big Block Victory Nitro engine series chassis). If there is a way to allow a BB to BE mounted dead center on a chassis I think that would be sweet?

Whatchathinkofdat?

Are you suggesting a nitro big block revo with a center diff? A center-mounted motor would raise the motor an inch +/- from the stock location(higher cg) unless the diff was offset, so probably not as effective as it sounds.

re-hooked 11.13.2015 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RC-Monster Mike (Post 430252)
Are you suggesting a nitro big block Revo with a center diff? A center-mounted motor would raise the motor an inch +/- from the stock location(higher cg) unless the diff was offset, so probably not as effective as it sounds.

Yes I was....I was thinking about two separate "possible" designs.

1. Center mounted BB engine with RAISED or elevated transmission case. Transmission case mounted in the same location. Here my thought was that BB would be able to engage the Spur gear on the right hand side rather than the left like it does today. Raising the transmission would allow the engine to remain low. The center drive shafts would need to be longer but there are plenty to choose from.

Or

2. Center mounted BB engine with a double-decker chassis. Completely redesigned chassis - I guess more like a truggy chassis (maybe I should just buy a truggy) LOL....

But I seem to recall toying with the idea of flipping the chassis over and trying to mount all the gear back onto it but with the engine centered. Didn't get very far with this idea but it's still with me.

RC-Monster Mike 11.13.2015 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by re-hooked (Post 430253)
Yes I was....I was thinking about two separate "possible" designs.

1. Center mounted BB engine with RAISED or elevated transmission case. Transmission case mounted in the same location. Here my thought was that BB would be engage the Spur gear on the right hand side rather than the left like it does today. Raising the transmission would allow the engine to remain low. The center drive shafts would need to be longer but there are plenty to choose from.

Or

2. Center mounted BB engine with a double-decker chassis. Completely redesigned chassis - I guess more like a truggy chassis (maybe I should just buy a truggy) LOL....

But I seem to recall toying with the idea of flipping the chassis over and trying to mount all the gear back onto it but with the engine centered. Didn't get very far...with this idea but it's still with me.

Option 1 seems like the rear-center shaft would have to pass through the engine - don't see it happening. Any option that has a centered motor will have this challenge(which is why Losi offset their rear diff on their 8 lineup - to get the motor closer to the center, though this creates other problems(extreme angle on front-center shaft leading to high wear and heat).

Now, a truggy chassis that uses a Revo suspension setup would be nifty.