RC-Monster Forums

RC-Monster Forums (https://www.rc-monster.com/forum/index.php)
-   Brushless (https://www.rc-monster.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Baja Conversion (https://www.rc-monster.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29088)

OZ-RUSTLER 01.19.2011 08:07 AM

Baja Conversion

I dont know if this has been posted before but I stumbled across this today.
Is it just me or are they very similar.

Sorry, I am not posting a link.

If this has already been mentioned, mods please delete.

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/o...R/Picture1.pnghttp://www.rc-monster.com/prodimages/ebajakitassm2.jpg

JERRY2KONE 01.19.2011 08:19 AM

Nearly identicle

Nearly identacle from what I can tell. There are som subtle differences but it looks like someone is trying to copy Mike's project. Is this by chance from a chinese company? Some people just won't quit.

Cody.McP 01.19.2011 08:43 AM

It's from a company called Alza Racing, the member here "toplakd" has some affiliation with them as well as a link to their website in his signature.

OZ-RUSTLER 01.19.2011 08:57 AM

Cody, I avoided those details for obvious reasons.

pinkpanda3310 01.19.2011 08:58 AM

Besides being a copy, the motor mount looks to be suited to buggy and truggy size can motors. Whoever buys this will probably be underpowering the car, want to upgrade and get pissed off because of the limited motor options.

Cody.McP 01.19.2011 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkpanda3310 (Post 394532)
Besides being a copy, the motor mount looks to be suited to buggy and truggy size can motors. Whoever buys this will probably be underpowering the car, want to upgrade and get pissed off because of the limited motor options.

I investigated and on their site they have different motor mounting options.

And @OZ, point taken. :oops:

Arct1k 01.19.2011 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cody.McP (Post 394530)
It's from a company called Alza Racing, the member here "toplakd" has some affiliation with them as well as a link to their website in his signature.

IIRC They are one and the same...

I have previously exchanged PM's about this with him - Whilst this forum is a fun place to hang out, and Mike is I think exceptionally tollerant of most things that go on, promotion of competing products by a competitor on Mikes site won't be tollerated. Hence that mount has not been posted here by him.

This is generally not an issue as everyone knows where the best stuff is and mike continues to innovate to stay ahead of the pack.

The reality is Patrick and Castle will Mike's biggest competitor for Baja conversions. Really wish I could get some sort of deal going between them :whistle: hint nudge :whip:

Cody.McP 01.19.2011 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arct1k (Post 394534)
The reality is Patrick and Castle will Mike's biggest competitor for Baja conversions. Really wish I could get some sort of deal going between them :whistle: hint nudge :whip:

Yes please. RC-Monster - Castle collaboration would be awesome. :yes:

JERRY2KONE 01.19.2011 10:10 AM

I agree.

I agree that could be a very cool merger. CC's great motors and ESC's and customer service, connected to Mike's customer service, precision CNC designs, and production would be a very nice deal for all of us. Sounds like a win-win situation for sure. Two great companies collaberating, designing, and producing some great conversions as a team is something that our hobby does not have at the moment.

brushlessboy16 01.19.2011 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JERRY2KONE (Post 394536)
I agree that could be a very cool merger. CC's great motors and ESC's and customer service, connected to Mike's customer service, precision CNC designs, and production would be a very nice deal for all of us. Sounds like a win-win situation for sure. Two great companies collaberating, designing, and producing some great conversions as a team is something that our hobby does not have at the moment.

I second the motion.

FG101C 01.19.2011 10:48 AM

I actually expected Castle's conversion kit to have been Mike's just anodized a different color, was a little disappointed to see it wasn't.

lincpimp 01.19.2011 10:55 AM

Only so many ways to skin a cat... They look similar, cause they do the same thing. I do agree that this is the RCM forum, and thus should represent rcm products.

feistyacorn 01.19.2011 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FG101C (Post 394543)
I actually expected Castle's conversion kit to have been Mike's just anodized a different color, was a little disappointed to see it wasn't.

Same thoughts here. Lame on castles part.

thzero 01.19.2011 03:23 PM

Was going to use that exact phrase, LOL...

Quote:

Originally Posted by lincpimp (Post 394547)
Only so many ways to skin a cat...

thzero 01.19.2011 03:54 PM

Seems like people around here are going off the deep int way too often with the "copy" thing. As linc noted, there are only so many ways to design this particular part.

After all Mike's and CC's conversion kit look similiar. KD's is a bit different as it flips the motor around compared to the other conversion kits I've seen.

Can't copyright, patent, etc. an idea... rather an expression of an idea.

Quote:

Originally Posted by feistyacorn (Post 394582)
So then it is ok to steal peoples design ideas???? Remember that this is Mike's site and not Alzas.

I can agree with that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by feistyacorn (Post 394582)
And what's with the signature links to other web stores and not Mikes??? Its www.rc-monster.com in case you can't figure it out.....