Thread: My New Build
View Single Post
Old
  (#13)
redshift
RC-Monster Square Tube

07.31.2010, 08:23 PM

Thanks guys :)

I took a fair amount of time looking at various manufacturer's suspension parts, and settled on the LST2/Muggy bits. Prices are better than what I was used to seeing with Traxxas parts, by a lot. And I definitely wanted away from the Traxxas knuckle setup, so next up, suspension. I knew I wanted a laydown shock angle to keep the towers short. Experimenting a little, I figured out I didn't need towers at all. Yes, some Maxx parts found new life here. And already having the heavy Trinity springs made this work. I actually changed nothing other than preload spacers, they still have 45wt silicone, and single hole pistons. Only 4 of them vs. 8 on the Maxx. Delrin spacers were made to take up the clearance on the 4mm pin on top, and I made the lower shock mounts to get my ride height, those still need some finish work. The suspension is very Revo-ish feeling now, very compliant without being undersprung. In fact I liken it to Revo suspension without the cantilever linkages. The results here were far better than expected! No towers means I have unlimited options for body layouts, so that's a huge plus.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Chassis 075.jpg
Views:	637
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	9210   Click image for larger version

Name:	Chassis 082.jpg
Views:	576
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	9211   Click image for larger version

Name:	Chassis 086.jpg
Views:	653