View Single Post
Old
  (#41)
lutach
RC-Monster Dual Brushless

11.16.2011, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Revonut View Post
Not to side with MA but I think this actually makes sense. If anyone remembers when the E-revo first came out there was a lot of concern about the lipos being sealed and not getting any airflow to help keep them cool. Those concerns where justified and warranted, many people had issues including me. I modified the air intakes on the battery compartments and it helped by allowing air to flow over the batteries more easily. In a boat there is ZERO airlow and no way to get airflow. Even a fan would only circulate hot air over them. The constant current draw in a boat puts a huge load on batteries and they get warm, keeping them cooler would be better for them. However cooling batteries to mask the fact that they aren't capable isn't going to help but keeping an adequate lipo cooler should be better for it.
It would make sense if all the lipos had a cooling plate with auto on/off to maintain the lipos at its best performing temps, but it looks like only the top and bottom of the MA pack is cooled. This will cause major problems as it can make 2 cells cooler with higher IR and the middle cells will be warmer and have lower IR. Epic fail from MA and from what I mentioned before, this could and looks to be the last desperate effort from them.
  Send a message via MSN to lutach