Thread: My New Build
View Single Post
RC-Monster Square Tube
redshift's Avatar
Posts: 1,367
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: CNY
07.31.2010, 09:38 PM

And the steering. I bought the Muggy bellcrank setup on linc's advice, but I could not make it work on this chassis without the bellcrank lower pivots ending up over 1/4" below the bottom of the chassis. So then I got experimenting some more (this was actually a long process) and finally landed on a fully independent servo setup. The huge advantage of this is significantly reduced slop, because there are four fewer joints to create play. The downside is the servo horn becomes the sacrificial part. I tried running twin Ofna HD servo savers and that had the tendency to pull the front wheels into excessive toe-in on throttle, and toe-out on braking. So no go, had to be servo-saverless. Muggy owners will know at a certain point the end of the bellcrank contacts the upper A-arm. The Hitec horns I'm using are about 10mm further back from the diff center, which did not change bumpsteer, and no contact!

Wheels are next...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Chassis 081.jpg
Views:	559
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	9215   Click image for larger version

Name:	Chassis 079.jpg
Views:	539
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	9216   Click image for larger version

Name:	Chassis 087.jpg
Views:	565
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	9217  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Chassis 076.jpg
Views:	496
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	9218  
Reply With Quote