Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > Brushless

View into a Neewr/Rocket Motor, TP Power
Old
  (#1)
florianz
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

View into a Neewr/Rocket Motor, TP Power - 02.12.2016, 02:15 PM

Hi there

during the past 10 years I had different brushless motors, like two-pole toasters of death, and good ones like the losi xcelorin or Medusa Afterburner.

Last autumn I probably have roasted my small TP Power 3670mm motor, as it killed the cheap sky rc ESC. I also have a 80mm TP Power Motor, which is too big and heavy for my light Tekno Truggy.

So in the following, I wil post pics of the (probably) dead TP and the new chinese motor, pics of the MBP will follow.
The chinese motor is a D-wound, same is the TP, the MBP are all Y-/star-wound.

So lately I have got myself a replacement for the small TP Power Motor, the motor is named after a shop in Germany "MBP 3645 1800kv". The MBP looks a bit like the TP, but has a longer rotor magnet, I think almost 50 mm.

But actually, I wanted to get an other motor, 4276 Motor, which you can get as a Rocket, Neewer, TeamMagic motor, but is not available in Germany.

Here I have read about that motor
http://www.ultimaterc.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=223572

But as you can get that motor in Germany at CS Elektronik, I now have two new brushless motors..., which I will compare against each other.

According to that old tradition of mine, I will post some detailled pics.
So like that we have a comparison of a TP and a noname-motor.
What I loved about the small TP is the massive torque, even that it is a 2000kv motor, so in the next weeks I wil find out if the chinese motor can hold up with the TP or the MBP. In that case, Size does not necessarily matter.

Pics of the neewer/rocket/bison:

TP Motor (Format 3670 mm,36407d 2000kv), packed with copper

there u can see a dark burned spot

comparison of the magnets, both have about 18mm diameter; the TP is heavier. The MBP Rotor (no pics yet) has almost 19mm in diameter.

As you can see the tp rotor is longer, the other measures 40mm.

The MBP-magnet is even longer, pics of that motor I will post later.

During the next months I will be able to compare these two motors; I had a short run with the new MBP-motor, looking good I think. I run these motors with 5s, the Bison has 1700kv.

I will probably sell my 80mm TP motor, too big an d heavy for my quite light Tekno truggy.

Overall-quality of the chinese-motor is pretty ok, probably a bit better then a Leopard, especially the magnet.

Looking forward to your replies!
regards,
flo

Old
  (#2)
snellemin
2 KiloWatt RACER

02.12.2016, 04:17 PM

wow man. Nude shots!!! I'm not too crazy about those loose coil winding in that motor.

6 KiloWatt A123 Racer
GTP-Pletty Big Maxximum+RX8. GTP-C50-6L Hacker+RX8. CRT.5-Pro4+ZTW esc.
24s2p EVG SX 49.6mph Ebike.
18s4p Raptor 60mph Ebike. 11.5KW

Old
  (#3)
florianz
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

02.13.2016, 04:37 AM

yeah, the motor could be shorter, if the coils were more compact.

in the description it says "Stator - Super Thin (0.2mm) Lamination", a criteria for quality; I have once read that the quality of the stator of the thenshock motors is not that god, a reason why they get hotter then other motors.
motor cables are soft 10awg and good quality, rotor looks ok too, better then my old Leopard rotor.

Old
  (#4)
Dr_T
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

02.19.2016, 04:58 AM

Nice info! Inspired me to take comparison pic of the Leopard 58110-950 and a TP5670; Leopard has those loose windings too. The TP5670 in the pic is the one Lizard got from APS for his Slash; I removed the sensors it was fitted with by APS, hence the 3 glue spots on the coils.

Does anyone have a pic of the 2028 coils for comparison?

Old
  (#5)
florianz
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

02.20.2016, 06:42 AM

excellent pics thanks! nude pics ei leik...

I wonder if the different looks mean different technique in building a brushless motor; or if it's just a cheaper way of building. Boths TP and chinese motor are D-wind, all MBP-motors are y-wind, so I will set timing on 7-15 deg., the D-wind should get timing up to approx 7 deg.

he TP are not an Aveox or Neu motor, but fairly good performers, you can tell from the details, I would say. The performance and torque of the small TP is at least on a similar level as my Tenshock x802l (which I like quite a lot). As soon as the wheather gets better, I will have to compare these motors!!!

What's really interesting is that these 3670 motors are (probably) performing on a level like a 4074 sized motor. In the early days, remember, we just 3670-sized brushless motors (and TV was b/w...).

Old
  (#6)
florianz
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

03.04.2016, 11:07 AM

so I have got some pics of the MBP-motor.
--rotor/magnet is a bit longer then the one in the smal TP Motor
--coils look different then in the TP
--diameter of rotor/magnet is approx. 19mm
--overall quality is flawless

Had a few batteries with both motors, in soft sand, not on the track; but so far, good stuff. More to say after some tests on the track.

At least an alternative to the mainstream products, and I don't say that cc-motors aren't good, but the kv-choice is a bit poor (like 17-1800kv).

If anyone could post some pics of the poseidon motors, for comparison?

Old
  (#7)
Dr_T
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

05.03.2016, 09:49 AM

Hi Florianz, I hope you don't mind if I post this in your thread, I thought it could be useful for anyone researching TP Power motors.

I got another loose motor shaft on one of my TP56xx motors. Got the motor apart and it looks like the TP5670 shaft was produced by same drunken hobbiest riding a rollercoaster as with my TP5660... I really like the copper content of the TP Power motors and the fact they are 6 poles, but maybe they should start selling them as a kit or 80% RTR version, as the way they attach the rotors to the shafts sucks big time and I would do a better job at it myself...

Besides the sloppy (and what appear to be post-production) flat spots, you can see by the wear mark on the front, that the (minuscule) grub screw wasn't even on the flat spot. In addition, the rear grub screw was not tightened at all. That rear grub screw is actually unreachable now and if it was ever tightened, that could have only be done before the magnets were attached to rotor.

Anyhow, I reattached the rotor to shaft with some loctite 648 (thanks for the advice Lizard), designed for the bonding of cylindrical fitting parts. Product description even mentions use for holding rotors on electric motor shafts, so hope that it works. It's curing now. To be continued :).

Old
  (#8)
florianz
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

05.18.2016, 05:04 AM

hey thanks for the great pics. I am always interested in some close up pics of brushless motors, to be able to judge its quality.

TP should be carerful regarding the quality, that's not good for their reputation.
The problems you have mentioned are major problems, even cheaper motors don't have loose magnets.

Regarding the new MBP brushless motor, I am quite happy with the performance, just gets a little hot (80-95 deg. c.), when performing in the tekno truggy.
Probably due to the bigger magnet?