RC-Monster Forums  
RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > Brushless

Old
  (#46)
Kcaz25
RC-Monster Titanium

05.12.2009, 01:40 AM

The beast is done... Not really... at all, in fact I've still got stuff in trucks on their way to me lol, but at this point I'm happy with it finally.

Photos were taken a short while ago after a mild night run. It is a pleasure to drive espcially with the recent upgrades: Airtronics MX-3FG FFHS-2 2.4Ghz, 2x Ext wheelbase, and with the RPM True Track I know I can now take a poor landing. Oh and the mod I had to do with the UE dogbone has held up fine so far. It hasn't been above 80*F or rattled out.

Old
  (#47)
TexasSP
Something, anything, nothing

05.12.2009, 10:55 AM

Looking nice man. All that aluminum makes me nostalgic for an e-maxx. However, not enough to get another.

www.cubicle101.com
A friends comic strip website.

Old
  (#48)
Kcaz25
RC-Monster Titanium

05.12.2009, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSP View Post
Looking nice man. All that aluminum makes me nostalgic for an e-maxx. However, not enough to get another.
Thanx TexasSP! Just wait until I get that CD/low CG motor mount from Mike then I'll really be rockin... I think every true hobby enthusiast should have a well built Maxx in there fleet. I'm building my little fleet. Next is a BL savy that is now setting in pieces with a Nitro strapped to it.

Old
  (#49)
Kcaz25
RC-Monster Titanium

05.14.2009, 01:06 AM

Bottom line> What should I do? Short of just wait on Mike to ship some Maxx CD and motor mounts...

Thanks,
Zack

Old
  (#50)
ANGRY-ALIEN
RC-Monster Aluminum

05.14.2009, 01:30 AM

Hmmm, I had this problem a couple moths ago... I made a real back yard temporary fix by bending (then bend allows for a tight fit) and cutting a old allen key then tapping it into place...

It's been holding up with no worries since then.

Alien

Old
  (#51)
Kcaz25
RC-Monster Titanium

05.14.2009, 01:52 AM

Smart! I will prolly try that! What are the guys running mega power doing? Does anybody make an upgrade?

Old
  (#52)
lincpimp
Check out my huge box!

05.14.2009, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcaz25 View Post
Smart! I will prolly try that! What are the guys running mega power doing? Does anybody make an upgrade?
I used a drill bit shank, that is m2 steel and quite a bit stronger than the stock roll pin. Just find a bit that will be a press fit, cut it a bit longer than needed and press it in with a bench vise. You can grind on end to a cone shape (semi point) to get it to line up easier.

Old
  (#53)
Kcaz25
RC-Monster Titanium

05.14.2009, 02:11 AM

Okay that will happen 2moro, thanks Linc! I'll post results. Now that I've got the tranny open, what should I do/cut out/remove since I don't use 1st gear??

Thanx,
Zack

Last edited by Kcaz25; 05.14.2009 at 08:07 PM.

Old
  (#54)
KMN
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

05.14.2009, 02:58 AM

I'm using a G-Maxx tranny, but I did the same thing as Lincpimp. I broke the original with the stock Titans and used a bent allen key and a bench vice. After the G-maxx tranny, I used a drill bit blank.

Mcmaster has them for cheap, or your local hardware store should have some.

Make sure that when you "press" it in with the bench vice, that the ends are nice and "mushroomed" so it doesn't come out again. It will tear the plastic case, and just make a mess in aluminum.

Old
  (#55)
suicideneil
They've been naughty boys, havent they Mr. Flibble

05.14.2009, 02:11 PM

I had the stock pin sheer into 3 pieces and get mushed into the output gear- not a pretty sight. I used a short piece of allen key too but JBWelded it in place- no problems since. As for what to do with an open tranny (sure theres a good joke in there somewhere), I suggest simply bolting the 2nd gear out put gear (smaller one closest the motor mount side of the tranny) to the dog carrier- basically a cheaper version of buying the gmaxx single speed conversion kit, but has the same effect of locking it into second permanently.
  Send a message via MSN to suicideneil  
Old
  (#56)
lincpimp
Check out my huge box!

05.14.2009, 02:30 PM

Go to the g-maxx site : http://www.gorillamaxx.com/

And if you click on the G1 single speed they sell just the coupler for 12 bucks. Get that and loose the 1st gear idlers gear to isolate the top shaft gear. You can also replace the 1st gear lower gear with a spacer if you like, will cut down on a little weight.

Old
  (#57)
mkrusedc
NeuMaxx

05.14.2009, 04:22 PM

Zack the G-Maxx single speed tranny rocks! In fact believe it or not I still have the roll pin!! Not broken yet. I responded in that other forum...drill bit or allen wrench and you'll be fine.

Old
  (#58)
Kcaz25
RC-Monster Titanium

05.15.2009, 09:24 PM

Thanx guys! That has been takin care of due to the great, quick advice!

Then I found this:

I don't know if you can tell from the picture but it's a pin shaped slot in the gear. When the pin pulled halfway out and broke of it got in the mesh. Maybe still usable? It doesn't really matter if it is still usable or not, it was only $2.75 so I bought one...

More parts are one the way! Addicted? ...Nooo... lol Maybe but I just really set out to have a practical beater with super rare apperences at the track.
This MMM combo really makes life miserable for stock Traxxas parts. LOL Only about 30% of the steering componants are stock and most of the tranny. That is all that is left! ... And they are on the way out.

...And Neil the"joke in there somewhere" nearly had me rolling. LOL

Last edited by Kcaz25; 05.15.2009 at 09:26 PM.

Old
  (#59)
Chadworkz
UE Supermaxx Addict!

05.16.2009, 04:17 AM

Keep an eye on that MX3 FHSS...I had one and it would just unbind itself while I was running the truck. Airtronics replaced it for me, but the same thing kept happening...then I heard of it happening to a few other people. I finally swapped to a Futaba FASST radio, and never had a problem with it, but I hated the way the Tx felt in my hand...now I have a Spektrum DX3.0 and couldn't be happier!

-Chad
PM ME IF YOU HAVE THE BELOW:
VBS, CVDs, GM Single-Speed, OTB, Ultramaxxed, Super6, Strobe, Sprong, CNR Brake, UE Hex, DUH Towers, Predator, Blackbird, GA Blue Screws, HCR F/R Skids & Mutant
  Send a message via AIM to Chadworkz  
Old
  (#60)
Kcaz25
RC-Monster Titanium

05.17.2009, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadworkz View Post
Keep an eye on that MX3 FHSS...I had one and it would just unbind itself while I was running the truck. Airtronics replaced it for me, but the same thing kept happening...then I heard of it happening to a few other people. I finally swapped to a Futaba FASST radio, and never had a problem with it, but I hated the way the Tx felt in my hand...now I have a Spektrum DX3.0 and couldn't be happier!
Thanks for the heads up Chad, but that was the old one now discontinued. The new one that I have is called MX-3FG FHSS-2. I freaked out while researching radios. I did it right. I drove this thing so far from me the other day that the only way I could tell which way I was headed was make a big turn to see it move in that direction. I love it! Feels okay in the hands too.