RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Questions and Answers > Pre Sales Questions

Battery tray for CRT X1
Old
  (#1)
garnold
RC-Monster Stock

Battery tray for CRT X1 - 07.02.2013, 03:35 PM

Anyone know if the CRT X2 tray will fit the CRT X1 chassis? I'm converting over a X1 to brushless and need a battery tray. Would rather not order and get the wrong item Thank you!

Old
  (#2)
RC-Monster Mike
Site Owner

07.03.2013, 09:57 AM

X2 tray won't fit the X1 - the 50x150 1 piece tray is the best option.

Old
  (#3)
Thirdgen89GTA
You can sleep in a car, but you can't race a house

01.16.2014, 08:41 PM

This is a little old, but there are several conversion threads on this forum for the CRT.

I went a little odd compared to most people.

I went for a saddle configuration, and I'm using a Castle 1717 motor. Before my twin 3S batteries got old, it was an insane monster. I love wheeling the truck around. But the batteries just can't handle the amp draw anymore, they are about 3 years old now.

http://www.rc-monster.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30843

Looks like all my picture links are dead in that thread and I don't want to go through it again.

Heres' the flickr set: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8554026...7631192973980/

• 1989 Pontiac TransAm GTA, 5.7L LT1/M6 400rwhp+
    • Jammin X1 CRT Pro, MMM/1717, 6S
    • Hyper One Seven 1/7th scale GT car, MMM/1717, 6S
    • Hyper 10TT, MMP/1410, 3S
    • TL Mini 8ight, stock, 2S

Last edited by Thirdgen89GTA; 01.16.2014 at 08:52 PM.
  Send a message via AIM to Thirdgen89GTA  
Old
  (#4)
garnold
RC-Monster Stock

01.17.2014, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirdgen89GTA View Post
This is a little old, but there are several conversion threads on this forum for the CRT.

I went a little odd compared to most people.

I went for a saddle configuration, and I'm using a Castle 1717 motor. Before my twin 3S batteries got old, it was an insane monster. I love wheeling the truck around. But the batteries just can't handle the amp draw anymore, they are about 3 years old now.

http://www.rc-monster.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30843

Looks like all my picture links are dead in that thread and I don't want to go through it again.

Heres' the flickr set: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8554026...7631192973980/
You did a really nice job of this! Not easy fitting all that stuff in there HAHAHA

I was thinking about running the conversion kit backwards at one time but just never followed it though since I wasn't sure if everything would fit. I like the side by side thing because you can run thinner batteries and have an easier time find bodies that fit :)

So heres is a CRT that I built into a monster truck. Came out nice and is really fun to drive! I have a MT4 and thought it might be cool to make something like that out of a CRT. The RC-Monster kits are some of the best and I love the quality of the parts. I've used these kits in 3 conversions and have two more left to build

Monster Truck Pics

Old
  (#5)
RC-Monster Mike
Site Owner

01.17.2014, 11:35 AM

A couple cool CRT conversions! The CRT is still a great truggy IMO - it is durable and does everything well, despite being "old"......it just works. Gene - I am a big Monster Truck fan myself so cool to see your CRT monster version. :)

Old
  (#6)
garnold
RC-Monster Stock

01.17.2014, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-Monster Mike View Post
A couple cool CRT conversions! The CRT is still a great truggy IMO - it is durable and does everything well, despite being "old"......it just works. Gene - I am a big Monster Truck fan myself so cool to see your CRT monster version. :)
Thanks for the props :)

So not trying to sound like a but kisser here but your conversion kit is really quite nice. Quality is great and it fits really tight. Also, your battery cases are of great quality. They are a little more expensive then others but they are so much stronger then the cheap ones I tried (in a hope to save cash and lost). These batteries get pretty big and with all the bashing you really need something strong to hold them in place.

Old
  (#7)
RC-Monster Mike
Site Owner

01.17.2014, 12:59 PM

Thanks, Gene - quality has always been my focus, perhaps at times to my detriment. There is money to be made selling inferior stuff, but I just don't want to lower my standards in the name of money.

Old
  (#8)
garnold
RC-Monster Stock

01.17.2014, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-Monster Mike View Post
Thanks, Gene - quality has always been my focus, perhaps at times to my detriment. There is money to be made selling inferior stuff, but I just don't want to lower my standards in the name of money.
+1

Old
  (#9)
Thirdgen89GTA
You can sleep in a car, but you can't race a house

01.17.2014, 07:42 PM

I need to pick up some tires better suited to this cold fluffy stuff. All of my tires are either bald, or meant for prepped clay surfaces.

I do love the balance of the saddle setup. But it does make it a bit crowded at times.

The inspiration was actually 1/10th scale buggies, the DEX408, and the Ofna NEXX8. I love the way they handled with the extreme balance.

The truggy does have more weight on the left side, however its close enough to centerline that its not a big deal at all.

And if the chassis was about 10mm longer that would rock. I considered a X2 chassis conversion, but its not that much longer.

• 1989 Pontiac TransAm GTA, 5.7L LT1/M6 400rwhp+
    • Jammin X1 CRT Pro, MMM/1717, 6S
    • Hyper One Seven 1/7th scale GT car, MMM/1717, 6S
    • Hyper 10TT, MMP/1410, 3S
    • TL Mini 8ight, stock, 2S
  Send a message via AIM to Thirdgen89GTA