RC-Monster Forums  
RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > CORR Trucks - Slash, SCRT10, etc.

E-Slayvo PRO 4x4 a Go-Go!
Old
  (#1)
jpoprock
"Don't act like you're not impressed."

E-Slayvo PRO 4x4 a Go-Go! - 10.06.2010, 04:24 PM

Hey guys! As you may or may not know, I moved my Slayer 2.5 stuff over to an E-Revo platform, but wasn't happy with how the truck handled, nor could I find a body that truly fit. I was going to convert it back to nitro when they announced the Slayer Pro 4x4. SO, I decided to hold out and wait for the arms, buckles, and body to come out. I'm glad I did!!

The rest...
http://s143.photobucket.com/albums/r...-Slayvo%20PRO/

Now, for some reason, my REVO 3.3 and my E-Revo bodies fit just fine when I had the 2.5 stuff on it. I ran a dopey Erevo body until I could decide on what I wanted to do. So, I assumed that the new Slayer Pro 4x4 body would fit just fine, since it's basically the 3.3 chassis, same body mounts, bulks, etc. Plus, the Revo bodies fit both the E and Nitros. I was surprised to find that this body didn't fit right. The front holes needed retapped by about a 1/4". What a bummer cuz now that is a weak area. I also cut a bit out where the front bumper meets the body, to allow it sit down a little better.

Too bad my tires are beat up, cuz it all looks so nice and shiny! I still need to dial in my toe in the front a little bit, but that's it. I've also Gorilla taped all the unnecc holes in the body as well. I'll be anxious for ProLine to release a .060 Lexan body, that's for sure. This one won't last long. As you can see, the drawback with the ERevo platform is that you can't run side bumpers, unless you fabbed up some yourself.

I'm running it on 4S with the MM and a Neu 1512 2600kv motor. It's the stuff!! Handles great, it's "tippy" any more due to the wider wheel base and is an overall improvement over the 2.5 version.

ERBE: RCM 1/8 Hybrid Diffs, NEU 1515/2.5d/S MMM, 6S, Losi E-XXL CUSTOM, Neu1515 2.5d, MMM, 6s E-SLAYVO PRO ERevo Chassis w/ Pro 3.3 parts, NEU 1512, MMM, 4S.
  Send a message via Yahoo to jpoprock Send a message via AIM to jpoprock  
Old
  (#2)
Semi Pro
RC-Monster Titanium

10.08.2010, 02:40 PM

looking good, how much does it weigh without batterys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semi Pro View Post
......maybe they want to be more like novak
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianG View Post
I'm telling Patrick you said that!

Old
  (#3)
Bondonutz
Fat Kid Engineering

10.08.2010, 05:46 PM

Looks pretty rockin' Jason, I look forward to seeing some video of it running and getting dirty.

I retired from RC, now life is all about guns and long range shooting.

Old
  (#4)
jpoprock

10.08.2010, 06:22 PM

Thanks guys. It weighs about 6lbs without batteries. It was hard to weigh, but no more than 7lbs for sure.

It drives great. Different from any other truck I've driven, so what do I know? The suspension is stiff, as it should be. It seems to soak up the terrain well without donkey kicking too much.

The only thing about it that is unpredictable is that tends to "skate" sideways, and it will either powerslide wonderfully like a real Torc truck does, or it'll get front wheel heavy on one one side and flip. I'm only running one Traxxas 2075 servo, and it turns on a dime. So a better servo would make it a challenge to drive.

I'm positive it's the nature of these types of trucks. Even though it's on the Erevo chassis, that makes it even more balanced I'd think? I even have sway bars on it. Maybe it needs a bit of sway? I think these types of trucks are meant to be ran on smooth dirt and not much else. The small tires leave little room for error. I may adjust my camber a bit to see if that helps make it more stable.

It is a vast improvement over the stock arms I once ran on on this chassis, that's for sure. Sorta makes me wonder how it would handle if it had Revo arms on it? Then it wouldn't be a SC truck! But it would be fun.

I guess until I figure out the nature of these trucks via some race footage on youtube or something, i would have to say it is awesome. You can't go by the stupid Traxxas vids, where everything is chopped up or slow motion.

ERBE: RCM 1/8 Hybrid Diffs, NEU 1515/2.5d/S MMM, 6S, Losi E-XXL CUSTOM, Neu1515 2.5d, MMM, 6s E-SLAYVO PRO ERevo Chassis w/ Pro 3.3 parts, NEU 1512, MMM, 4S.
Old
  (#5)
lincpimp
Check out my huge box!

01.17.2011, 05:30 PM

Looks good. I am planning something similar, but with the 3.3 chassis and a 2 speed. Just have a bunch of parts that could be made into a cheap runner, and I liked my old e slayer (1st gen non-pro) so much.

Old
  (#6)
jpoprock

01.18.2011, 01:28 PM

I can tell you this much... this is the first "SC truck" i've ever owned, and I am shocked at how awesome it drives! It's a tough little bugger too. Wicked fast too. Maybe too fast? I'm running it on 4S w/ that 1512 2650kv motor and it flies!! Handles great too. It's winter now, so I don't drive anything. But the only thing I'd like to do is get different rims and/or tires, maybe some LED lights for effect, and I need to isoloate some body rattle. I think it was coming from the rear bumper where the body rests over top of it. Not sure, but the truck is a joy to drive!

j

Old
  (#7)
lincpimp
Check out my huge box!

01.18.2011, 01:53 PM

Has anyone released a thicker body for the slayer pro yet?

Old
  (#8)
Semi Pro
RC-Monster Titanium

01.18.2011, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lincpimp View Post
Has anyone released a thicker body for the slayer pro yet?
onlt the traxxas body so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semi Pro View Post
......maybe they want to be more like novak
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianG View Post
I'm telling Patrick you said that!