RC-Monster Forums  
RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > CORR Trucks - Slash, SCRT10, etc.

Slash 4x4 with 1520 1Y?!?!
Old
  (#1)
Losi LST2
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

Exclamation Slash 4x4 with 1520 1Y?!?! - 11.01.2010, 11:36 PM

K guys so i'm thinking about doing this....i've been waiting for 3 months for a motor for my slash 4x4 and i really want to run the thing before the snow gets here....so i was woundering...what if i took my Castle 1520 1Y, my MMM and my turnigy 6s 30c 5000mah lipos and shoved them all in the slash geared for about 60mph? (21/54 gearing)

Do you guys think it's possible?..i know the motor will fit with a very slight chassis mod. but the real concern i have is what will it do to the truck?...the slash 4x4 has the revo/e-revo diffs so they should hold right?..anything else i should be concerned about before i do this...i have FLM CVD's so twisting axles shouldn't be a problem..

What do you guys think?

-Austin

Old
  (#2)
BrianG
RC-Monster Admin

11.02.2010, 09:54 AM

That's a LOT of torque for a smallish vehicle. Although, practically any motor will work depending on how you drive it. If you are a throttle on or off type of guy, then the drivetrain will complain, but if you can control the throttle, it should be fine.

With all that weight (motor and batts), you probably will need to stiffen the suspension a bit (stiffer springs and thicker oil).
  Send a message via Yahoo to BrianG Send a message via MSN to BrianG  
Old
  (#3)
bruce750i
RC-Monster Aluminum

11.02.2010, 11:38 AM

For even more top end you could go to Mod1 gearing using 36T, 38T, OR 40T nitro revo spur on the slash 4x4's slipper and RCM mod1 pinions. I cant remember what the max mod1 pinion size is that will fit in the slash. Get some vids!

Old
  (#4)
Losi LST2
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

11.16.2010, 05:14 PM

Ok so i was doing this but when i went to get a pinion today i found out that my Tekin SC4x finally cane in after 4 months of back order...so this plan got ditched in favor of mounting up the tekin...

Although i can't run it because i don't have an esc right now...my current MMP got drafted into my new TC5f, but i'll probobly order another MMP soon so i can have everything running