Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > Slipperential discussion

Universal Center Diff
Old
  (#1)
captain harlock
RC-Monster Captain

Universal Center Diff - 04.23.2016, 03:11 AM

Hey everone!

I still have my SuperMaxx from 9 years ago that Mike helped me put together, and I want to revamp it using his Slipperential and the UCD. I'm using the Gorillamaxx chassis, and frankly speaking, I don't know how I am going to fit the UCD in the chassis...I also need a front and rear dog bones to get things ready...

What do you guys suggest? :)

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0160.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	10894

The name is Alawi. You can call me Al.
Nice to meet you!

Old
  (#2)
DarkSammy
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

04.23.2016, 05:01 AM

Very nice truck!!! SO, the good news, what you want to achieve is most definitely doable! The bad news is that it will take some modification to the chassis plates...

You need to find a way to attach the RCM Universal Mount to your bottom chassis plate. A good friend did a similar mod to his G4 using a RCM Universal Mount, and he used a modified Hardcore Racing Titanium Centre Skid. They can usually be found pretty easily on ebay, if you want to send me a PM I know someone who has quite a lot of HCR stock and I could most likely find you one pretty easily... Here is a pic of Travis's G4:

Travis used a Spider 8 centre diff with 46t, so you will see he had to modify his top plate to provide the required space for the spur. Depending on what tooth count you go with on Mike's Slipperential, you will most likely need to do the same...

Are you confident with working modifications like that? I know I am not haha, but I could put you in touch with a guy who could provide that type of service for you if you needed it... ;-)

Sammy

Emaxx 3908L, Gorillamaxx G4 with UE VBS & Widetrac, Gorillamaxx G1 with RC Monster Slipperential, Centralemaxx Ph@ntom, FLM Savage, TTR Centurion LTD, TTR Tremor, TTR Ripper Pro, GMADE Stealth

Old
  (#3)
captain harlock
RC-Monster Captain

04.24.2016, 04:00 AM

Thnaks a bunch for your reply, Sammy!

That's some neat workmanship there!!!

I wish I could do the custom stuff myself, but I don't have the skills nor the tools to get it done....

Nice to meet you!

Old
  (#4)
nitrostarter
RC-Monster Brushless

04.24.2016, 09:38 AM

Contact Mike also. He may have something he's done before for this application or could put something out quickly.

N. Rustler conversion
  Send a message via AIM to nitrostarter  
Old
  (#5)
captain harlock
RC-Monster Captain

04.25.2016, 04:03 AM

I did prior to posting this thread, nitrostarter. No response yet. Let's hope he'll reply soon....:)

Nice to meet you!

Old
  (#6)
DarkSammy
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

04.25.2016, 05:48 AM

I don't have the skills either don't worry haha. I like to support the guys I know who can and pay them for their service... But NitroStarter does make a good point, as Mike's knowledge is vast with this stuff too...

Emaxx 3908L, Gorillamaxx G4 with UE VBS & Widetrac, Gorillamaxx G1 with RC Monster Slipperential, Centralemaxx Ph@ntom, FLM Savage, TTR Centurion LTD, TTR Tremor, TTR Ripper Pro, GMADE Stealth

Old
  (#7)
captain harlock
RC-Monster Captain

04.25.2016, 08:10 AM

Say, does Mike's chassis accomodate the UE Monoblock, vbs and suspension? If its possible, I could just get the VMaxx chassis and add those things to it..

Nice to meet you!

Old
  (#8)
DarkSammy
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

04.26.2016, 06:34 AM

Mike's chassis will most definitely accommodate all of those parts. I would go with Mike's chassis extension to match the chassis tho, but that's just me. VBS require their specific skids, but you do not often see VBS come up for sale without their matching skids anyway... Suspension wise, Mike's chassis will most definitely work with all maxx suspension too :)

Old
  (#9)
captain harlock
RC-Monster Captain

04.26.2016, 09:00 AM

I already have the VBS skids installed as you can see in the pics. Hopefully I could get my hands on the chassis, the center skid, the slipperential unit and the universal center diff mount soon. I just need to get in touch with the monster.

Nice to meet you!