RC-Monster Forums  
RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > RC-Monster Area > General Discussion

Old
  (#16)
Jammin57
RC-Monster Stock

12.05.2008, 08:22 PM

You can also use modeling clay so you can add as little or as much as you need also you can get it the same color as the wheel so it blends in better

Balancing Phaltline/Blast vs. Road Rage combo
Old
  (#17)
Jesse M
RC-Monster Stock

Balancing Phaltline/Blast vs. Road Rage combo - 02.07.2010, 08:10 AM

Just some quick information on the extent of balancing Phaltline vs. Road Rage wheel/tire combos based on my experience. I have taped, glued, and balanced each combination twice-Phaltlines took on average 2-4 grams of counterweight to balance compared to 8-14 grams of counterweight per wheel/tire for the Road Rage combination. The last two I just finished last night were Phaltline/Blast and Road Rage/Tech 5. The pre/post difference in vibration is night and day.

This may be old news, but I would highly recommend taping the tires to prevent ballooning especially when running brushless. Gorilla duct tape is far superior for stickiness and durability compared to regular duct tape or packing tape. After cutting near-bald street tires in half and looking at how well the tape was still sticking to the inside of the tire, I learned the Gorilla tape had remained adhered to the tire much better than regular duct tape.-Though you will sacrifice about 1 1/2 time the amount of weight when compared to grey duct tape. When taping, make sure to tape across the entire width of the tire tread, and not just in the middle, especially if running on-road-learned this the hard way when the inside and outside of my old road rage tires would balloon as the center stayed tight. Sorry if redundant, but I hope this may help someone.