RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > Fastlane Machine

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
A "how to" for the flm emaxx chassis???
Old
  (#1)
dtnel

Post A "how to" for the flm emaxx chassis??? - 05.20.2011, 12:41 AM

Does anyone know of or where there might be a how to for installing the emaxx on the flm chassis. We're talking the 3903/3905/3908 spec. Any help would be appreciated as this will just make the install easier to do. Is there anything that I currently have on the stock 3908 won't fit on this chassis either?? Thanks for the replies aheadf of time.

Old
  (#2)
ZippyBasher
8th scale Stunt-Driver/Mechanic

05.20.2011, 12:53 AM

What exactly is the problem? I have the chassis and have built it.....

How can I help?

Remove Screws and chassis, Insert new chassis. Tighten...

Maxx - FLM, MMM, CD Med.36x706s
Raja - FLM Ext. MM, 1512, 4s
SC8ight - MMM, 1520, 6s
D8T - MMM 1717 6s

My OVERPOWERED Rides "CLICK"

Like Playing Cards? Cut-Throat Rummy "CLICK"

Old
  (#3)
dtnel

05.20.2011, 01:19 AM

The chassis came with a bunch of screws so I'm wondering do some of them replace some of the current screws or are they for the battery straps that are in the chassis bag as well?

I haven't opened the 2 bags yet but was just trying to come up with a game plan in my head.

Other than my first question in this post does everything else just "swap" over to the new chassis with a good fit or are there stock parts that don't fit which are going to require me to purchase addl parts to complete the switchover ?

Old
  (#4)
swiftneed
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

05.20.2011, 09:00 PM

THATS A GOOD QUESTION i am wondering i purchased it also and am wondering if the shafts are a different length and furthermore i would like to use the RCM center diff as a transmission but how

• RCM XT8 MMM NEU1521 1Y AKA TIRES HITEC 7955 TG 6S
  • MBX6T MMM CC 1518 HITEC 7955 BRAKE 5645 MG 6S LIPO

Old
  (#5)
ZippyBasher
8th scale Stunt-Driver/Mechanic

05.20.2011, 11:47 PM

You guys are way over-thinking this. take out all the screws that have to to do with the chassis. and apply the new chassis. The only weird part is the ribbed metal tube that takes up the spot on the chassis where the steering posts go. Just mimick the plastic version.

The Driveshafts will fit perfectly with supplied cups. They will be too short with the CD mount as the trans cups are further spaced than a 1/8 CD. I used a XXL Rear Dogbone on my CD Maxx with FLM Chassis monoblock. So I think something around 105-110mm long should work with no Mono for the rear. Thread is avail on my sig.

And By the Way The FLM chassis and dirveshafts are some beefy and seriously great Additions. 2 years beating it with 6s and the cups look new and the shafts are worn but still work fine. chassis still looks shelf queen worthy.

Maxx - FLM, MMM, CD Med.36x706s
Raja - FLM Ext. MM, 1512, 4s
SC8ight - MMM, 1520, 6s
D8T - MMM 1717 6s

My OVERPOWERED Rides "CLICK"

Like Playing Cards? Cut-Throat Rummy "CLICK"

Last edited by ZippyBasher; 05.20.2011 at 11:52 PM.

Old
  (#6)
dtnel

05.21.2011, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippyBasher View Post
You guys are way over-thinking this. take out all the screws that have to to do with the chassis. and apply the new chassis. The only weird part is the ribbed metal tube that takes up the spot on the chassis where the steering posts go. Just mimick the plastic version.

The Driveshafts will fit perfectly with supplied cups. They will be too short with the CD mount as the trans cups are further spaced than a 1/8 CD. I used a XXL Rear Dogbone on my CD Maxx with FLM Chassis monoblock. So I think something around 105-110mm long should work with no Mono for the rear. Thread is avail on my sig.

And By the Way The FLM chassis and dirveshafts are some beefy and seriously great Additions. 2 years beating it with 6s and the cups look new and the shafts are worn but still work fine. chassis still looks shelf queen worthy.

I just wanted to know what the screws and little aluminum piece that isn't the post that came in the plastic bag are for?? Are they just for the battery straps or is there addl pieces (screws) that are for the swap over?

Looking at where the bulks mount up and stuff it appears that the diffs from the stock bolt right up as it appeared from when I looked at it out in the garage still in the bag. Don't want to open it until I'm ready to build it so I don't lose the screws in the bag.

It's still in the bag till Tuesday when I can work on it with the way things are here around the house. To many graduation open houses to go to this weekend..............

Thanks for the other info as well.

Old
  (#7)
coolhandcountry
RC-Monster Mod

01.12.2012, 12:56 PM

Did you finish this chassis swap?

Peace!
Country
Help support the
Rc-Monster
Buy here

My pics and videos

Old
  (#8)
Emaxx_Quebec
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

01.12.2012, 04:18 PM

Quote:
I just wanted to know what the screws and little aluminum piece that isn't the post that came in the plastic bag are for?? Are they just for the battery straps or is there addl pieces (screws) that are for the swap over?
If I understand correctly, I use those peices on top of the chassy to mount my UE saver!

Fred

Last edited by Emaxx_Quebec; 01.12.2012 at 04:27 PM.