Site Owner

03.14.2012, 04:45 PM

Pretty sure they are M3 set screws. :)

Old
  (#17)
MAYHEM6969
RC-Monster Stock

03.18.2012, 10:43 PM

Ok after hours of wrenching i replaced the thick fluid and went 7k and 5k and its much easier to handle but i realized that the diff was locking up when i installed the drive cups soo i took the dremel to the cup where it rides against the bearing and its really smooth. I guess someone didnt do there homework and see that the FLM cups would work with the diff that comes with the kit!

Old
  (#18)
MAYHEM6969
RC-Monster Stock

03.22.2012, 10:44 PM

After a few internet searches i cant find replacement parts for the diffs FLM uses in these kits i shimmed one wrong and it got a little crunchy i need the bevel gears and spyder gears some part numbers would be nice if anyone knows i contacted FLM they sent me here and CASTER RACING dont even know that FLM uses there diffs

Old
  (#19)
suicideneil
They've been naughty boys, havent they Mr. Flibble

03.23.2012, 02:03 AM

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the Hybrids haven't been altered in order to use the caster racing diffs, in which case the Hybrids would still work with other brands like ofna & hotbodies ( and LST diff internals too ). In that case you could start from scratch with new internals which are easier to find parts for ( never known someone make such a meal out of assembling diffs... ), or you can go to ebay & type in 'caster racing'- you will find various bits of diff including the ring, pinion & spider gears. Trouble is they sell various different models with different didds, so that complicates things.

You may be able to look up part numbers on the caster website, though you won't get any joy when it comes to asking about compatibility; FLM could have gone with any brand of diffs to fit their hybrid bulks, but that brand has no input or affililation with FLM. I'd just try and find out exactly which model(s) the diffs are for, that will make it easier to find the right spares.
  Send a message via MSN to suicideneil  
Old
  (#20)
RC-Monster Mike
Site Owner

03.23.2012, 01:52 PM

Our Slipperential internal gears will work with the FLM diffs - the gaskets and cross pins are different, but the pins should work if needed - the actual gears, shims and O-Rings should be a direct replacement.
http://www.rc-monster.com/proddetail...Msldiffrebuild

Last edited by RC-Monster Mike; 03.23.2012 at 01:54 PM.

Old
  (#21)
RC-Monster Mike
Site Owner

03.23.2012, 01:58 PM

Quick note on the crunchy gears - the gasket that seals the ring gear and diff cup is important - if it is too thick, the gears inside will have a loose mesh and will therefore be prone to stripping. The diffs are prebuilt with paper gasket IIRC, but include a blue thicker gasket which may or may not cause backlash issues - make sure the gears have a smooth, but not sloppy mesh(I like a slight notch on a new diff build to allow for break-in).

Old
  (#22)
MAYHEM6969
RC-Monster Stock

03.24.2012, 09:29 AM

Great thanks for all your help

Old
  (#23)
SlavikR
RC-Monster Stock

05.19.2012, 04:07 PM

Guys, please give the part number of the differential, which can be replaced.
I strongly twisted bolt in the differential housing and damaged threads. Ordered this one, it does not fit. I want to buy the whole assembly, and to know what is suitable for replacement in the Ultimate Hybrid Bulk (FLM18750)

Thank you very much !!!

Old
  (#24)
suicideneil
They've been naughty boys, havent they Mr. Flibble

05.20.2012, 09:53 AM

You need a Caster racing diff case- unfortunately I don't know which one exactly; if you contact FLM directly they may be able to help...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Caster-Rac...item35bc1eff72

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Caster-Rac...item19cfeb4f4b
  Send a message via MSN to suicideneil  
Old
  (#25)
SlavikR
RC-Monster Stock

05.20.2012, 10:21 AM

Thank you very much !!!