RC-Monster Forums  
RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > Fastlane Machine

Old
  (#61)
Overdriven
Destroyer of Tires

02.21.2012, 07:28 PM

Use a multimeter and check to make sure you get voltage at the balance tap. BrianG's speed calc has a page for balance taps showing how its wired. I have one pack that gives me trouble sometimes, checks out fine with multimeter, bit the pins on the pack don't always make contact with the balance board. Gives me the same error and stops charging.

LST XXL MMM 1717 Custom Fabbed Conversion

Last edited by Overdriven; 02.21.2012 at 07:29 PM.

Old
  (#62)
Buzzsaw46

02.21.2012, 08:00 PM

After the issues I had with the RPM towers I would run stock before I ran RPM again. I bash pretty hard though. I'd hate to see you bugger up your progressives.

Old
  (#63)
aqwut
Brushless Heavy Weight....

02.21.2012, 11:17 PM

Who makes that shock in the middle? I have the power strokes, but the shock in the middle looks about 1mm thicker than the power strocks? Or are my eyes tricking me?

The Power of BRUSHLESS!!!!!
http://www.geocities.com/aqwut
1HP (electric) = 746 Watts.
Everything is brushless!!

Old
  (#64)
Buzzsaw46

02.21.2012, 11:21 PM

They were made by progressive suspension, dont think you can get them anymore. They are very cool though and have external damping adjustment.

Old
  (#65)
Blazerss
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

03.02.2012, 11:45 PM

Yes, they are progressive suspension shocks. Rare and hard to find these days. Personally though, the power strokes are my favorite. Sorry for the long response time, I have been really busy lately. Got a new build going and all my efforts have gone into it. This truck is done as far as the build goes, but I am experimenting with shocks. This truck was built to bash and I just don't want to ruin these progressive shocks. I'm probably going to run powerstrokes on it since I have so many sets of them and have tons of rebuild kits for them.

Old
  (#66)
Blazerss
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

05.28.2012, 12:45 PM

Ok guys, I know it has been a while since I updated this build but I have finally gotten back on it. When I assembled the truck and put the front skid plate on I noticed two of the holes in the front bulks were stripped. So I couldn't stand this so I had to put helicoils in them. Needless to say, It took a while to get it done. In the time I got on another build and just threw this one to the side and took a break on it. Now that summer is here though, I need a good truck to play with.

So I got it all finished and went for some testing. Decided to go with powerstroke shocks instead of the progressives simply because the powerstrokes are a lot softer the way I have them set up and will give me a lot more response the way I plan to drive it. The progressives would be great for extreme bashing, but thats not what I will really be doing. Also through on a rough body and just some old tires/wheels for testing.

P.S. I would sell the progressives if anyone wanted them.

First thing I found was the rpm tru track system has not performed. I've had them before and never an issue. This has different parts bolting to it and it seems its just not working with my setup. First thing I did was popped a pillow ball out of the knuckle. Then I have noticed on full unload of the suspension the traxxas steel axles are really close to falling out of the cups. I ran this system with stock traxxas plastic shafts and never had an issue, but it seems its not going to work with my setup.

My options are to either do normal rpm arms in the rear and run teckno carriers just like the front, or I could scrap the whole rpm plastic setup and go with an aluminum Integy racer X setup that I have recently gotten. Let me know what yall think.

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Old
  (#67)
Blazerss
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

06.03.2012, 08:15 PM

Here is a link to a quick video my brother took today. I was just beating it a little to see if the changes I made seemed like they were going to hold up. My brothers neighbors house was foreclosed on about 8 months ago, so I help out by keeping the grass cut for them since the bank isn't worried about how tall it gets. HAHA. Hopefully we will be getting more up very soon.

Quick video

Sorry for the bad quality, we will work on it. I ripped the body off in a little crash just before filming began, so I had to be a little careful.

Old
  (#68)
jayjay283
RC-Monster Titanium

06.03.2012, 09:04 PM

looks like my videos, a fast ass maxx on mulchers can only prove it can eat a lawn in 45 seconds

Old
  (#69)
Overdriven
Destroyer of Tires

06.03.2012, 10:13 PM

The True Tracks do have a problem with the TRX cvds' popping out of the cups at or near full extension. I even had it in the front on my Maxx, I just tightened up the pillow balls a little more and ran different shock positions to get less droop.

Ive always wanted to run a RacerX equipped truck just to see what it was like. Ive never wanted to drop the coin though and never could find the Integy knock off either, so my vote is to give the Integy a shot and see either way...

LST XXL MMM 1717 Custom Fabbed Conversion

Old
  (#70)
Blazerss
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

06.28.2012, 05:53 PM

I decided to go with the normal RPM arms on the truck and Teckno carriers on all four corners. Never even tried the integy racer X on the truck, instead I put it on another FLM chassis I had and built another truck. I will hopefully be running it soon to see what I think.

Overdriven, I know what you mean. I have wondered if the Racer X is really better than everything else. I have a real racer X but its like new and I just can't bring myself to run it. I will run the Integy and see if it is any better than the other maxx suspensions out there.