RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > Fastlane Machine

FLM Hybrid bulks
Old
  (#1)
Just_Visiting
RC-Monster Stock

FLM Hybrid bulks - 06.29.2011, 09:57 PM

Currently I'm building an FLM extended chassis with all of the supporting goodies. Once I got the hybrid bulks assembled and reinstalled, the rear shaft went in fine, but the FLM front shaft appears to be too long to use with the 4908 transmission. I've adjusted everything as much as i can. The front shaft is approx 62mm long and really needs to be about 56mm. Anyone else experience this? Also, should I put any additional grease in the diffs?

Old
  (#2)
MAYHEM6969
RC-Monster Stock

03.06.2012, 05:09 PM

Wow dont tell me that im building one right now and i havent gotten that far?

Old
  (#3)
Just_Visiting
RC-Monster Stock

07.29.2012, 10:25 AM

Sorry to say Mayhem, but FLM is a crappy company from a customer service perspective.

Old
  (#4)
AIJames

07.29.2012, 07:09 PM

when i was in the building stages of mine...i felt the same way about customer service, sadly though customer service and quality parts are a rarity in this hobby anymore.

Old
  (#5)
Kcaz25
RC-Monster Titanium

07.29.2012, 10:25 PM

I really like FLM customer service. I have dealt with them, years ago and a few weeks ago.

-Zack

Old
  (#6)
cmac
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

08.08.2012, 10:03 PM

I have never had a problem with FLM parts or customer service. In fact I would recommend them to anyone.

Old
  (#7)
override
RC-Monster Stock

10.12.2012, 03:05 PM

This is an issue that some have ran into...I did not but I do remember there were some chassis's that were incorrectly made a long time ago.

When I built mine I used an aluminum 2.5 transmission with RRP gears and the RRP slipper clutch. I don't know how fitment is with the 3.3 as I have never tried but there are a few things you can do to solve the issue.

1. You can use the 2.5 tranny and if you want you can get the 3.3 upgraded slipper shaft so you can use the new style slipper.

2. Check out MIP and grab some of there 3.3 shafts, I used there shafts and they hold up really well. For the front shaft you can chop off some material from the splined ends to shorten them. Don't go to far or you will not have any spline left to bit the other half.

3. RC4WD makes several splined shafts (Punisher shafts) at various sizes and most all the ends are compatible with one another.

Tags
fast, flm, hybrid, lane, machine