RC-Monster Forums  
RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > CORR Trucks - Slash, SCRT10, etc.

Old
  (#31)
mjderstine
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

11.19.2010, 08:55 PM

hey guys, got busy with this today. i made a top plate that ties the whole thing together. getting the holes drilled correctly was a bit tough, but luckily i did it right the first time! there is plenty of room under neath for a servo.

i also have a cardboard representation of the motor mount. i was so worried about having to redesign that driveline, but it turns out there should be room using the stock center diff mounts.

i'll take some more pics with the side plates on, i will also be adding some "lightening" holes in this plate. its gonna make it pretty stiff.

comments welcome!

\

Old
  (#32)
mjderstine
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

11.19.2010, 09:51 PM

hey guys, got busy with this today. i made a top plate that ties the whole thing together. getting the holes drilled correctly was a bit tough, but luckily i did it right the first time! there is plenty of room under neath for a servo.

i also have a cardboard representation of the motor mount. i was so worried about having to redesign that driveline, but it turns out there should be room using the stock center diff mounts.

i'll take some more pics with the side plates on, i will also be adding some "lightening" holes in this plate. its gonna make it pretty stiff.

comments welcome!

\

Old
  (#33)
mjderstine
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

11.22.2010, 10:50 PM

did a little more work guys. I got a sheet of 7075 .125 alloy and cut a new chassis for this guy. spent the weekend cutting it and drilling some holes while watchin football. it is 7.5" wide, which should give plenty of room for the battery trays to mount on the side.
only made one small booboo, the front mounting hole on the right was off by about a 1/4" so there are 2 holes now. not a huge issue, but no perfect.
and also the rear diff mount screws are a bit too close to the end. but i have a solution for that one.

here are the pics. i know its boring all taped up, but it make it much easier to sketch on it for holes and suck.

Old
  (#34)
mjderstine
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

12.05.2010, 10:36 PM

well guys. here she is. Pretty much done as far as being a roller. i have to mount the servo, and elecs and its good to go. I really am very happy with this thing.
the weight balance is just about spot on. it balances almost exactly in the middle.

on to the pics.

in this pic you can see the lower arm rests at a funny angle. i might tweak this some before i get to running it.

the front width is pretty wide compared to this body. I am going to get a different body for this. i was looking at the f150 raptor. I was also thinking of using the Baja Bug body if i cant find a body to fit. there aren't many issues with the rear width.

the bumpers went on pretty easily! no real; issues there. same deal for the font body mount. easy mount on the front shock tower.

it already does tricks! it actually balances on the rear bumper. just thought that was kinda cool.

i think since i have this chassis plate done i am going to make another to correct the small errors i did the first time around. i am going to make the front bumper part of the chassis, not an added plate.

so what do you think?

Old
  (#35)
mjderstine
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

12.20.2010, 03:05 PM

few updates. got the links mounted a better way, and put holes in the chassis plates.
also: recut the lower chassis so its all one piece now.

Old
  (#36)
Overdriven
Destroyer of Tires

12.20.2010, 10:20 PM

Nice work. I had the same problem up front with the body not being quite wide enough for the tires on my Ofna. I added a bit of camber and they would tuck under the fenders when the suspension was compressed. Can't wait to hear your driving impressions.

LST XXL MMM 1717 Custom Fabbed Conversion

Old
  (#37)
mjderstine
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

12.22.2010, 12:26 PM

i'll see what kind of camber i can add to this thing. gotta get the body i really want for this thing too.

i can't wait to hear my driving impressions too

Old
  (#38)
mjderstine
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

01.25.2011, 10:30 PM

you gonna like this!!!

Old
  (#39)
silentbob343
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

01.26.2011, 03:53 AM

Very cool!

Would like to hear you impression on how it drives.

Old
  (#40)
mjderstine
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

02.17.2011, 11:02 PM

hey guys. i got the revo cantilever shocks worked out finally. you can probably see all the holes i had to drill in this thing to figure it out. but i think this is the best setup. i am using the long travel rockers from the revo. i still need to relocate the sway bar. its a tough fit now with the rockers on the side of this thing. this easily DOUBLED the travel that it had. it is VERY soft and plush now. i may need to get some thicker oil in the thing. i put some spacers on the shock, but that didnt help too much.

on to the pics.

here are the close ups for you guys that care to get really close... there is still some prettying up to do for the new angle brackets. i had 1/16th stock on there. this is 1/8th stock. they need to be trimmed and lightened up a good bit.

Old
  (#41)
bigsteel

02.17.2011, 11:39 PM

That is sooooo cool! Love the rear shocks! Why did you do those over the regular shocks though?

Old
  (#42)
mjderstine
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

02.18.2011, 12:04 AM

more travel. LOTS more travel. i kept looking at all sorts of 1:1 trucks, and other scale trucks, and they have tons of it. the initial setup was good, but it was a bit stiff, and didnt have much down travel. i haven't run this thing yet. so i will probably test both setups once i get the MMM in it

Old
  (#43)
Overdriven
Destroyer of Tires

02.18.2011, 10:56 AM

That is alot of travel! It also gives you alot of tuning options, the different rockers, changing the rod length to change the ride height, etc. Very cool.

LST XXL MMM 1717 Custom Fabbed Conversion

Old
  (#44)
Semi Pro
RC-Monster Titanium

02.18.2011, 08:11 PM

it looks great, makes me want to build one too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semi Pro View Post
......maybe they want to be more like novak
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianG View Post
I'm telling Patrick you said that!

Old
  (#45)
mjderstine
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

02.19.2011, 02:24 AM

i have just about every rocker you can use for the revo now, so i will definitely be testing lots of setups.

i just got mike's battery tray installed today, and my delivery from hobbyking. it should be running in about 3 weeks.