RC-Monster Forums  
RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > RC-Monster Area > Product Reviews

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.33 average. Display Modes
Old
  (#16)
CarstenL

12.17.2011, 03:23 AM

I haven't had good experience with Nano-techs, which is weird, since the normal Turnigy packs have served me well.

Got three 4s 25-50c packs, all three are light puffed and can't hold voltage. To start with I would get 14 minutes in my 8ight, but last race they all tripped the LVC after 2-4 minutes. I ended up borrowing a pack, a Turnigy 4s 25C 4000, and that had no problem giving me the 10 minutes I needed.

So know I'm kinda on the fence on what to go for, for next year.

Old
  (#17)
anunaki

12.17.2011, 02:11 PM

did some stupid,crazy passes with the nanotech batteries.Both the 6s 65c puffed slightly i was doing 112mph passes back to back though i think the regular turnigy have 8 gauge wire mabe better current flow

Old
  (#18)
snellemin
2 KiloWatt RACER

12.17.2011, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anunaki View Post
did some stupid,crazy passes with the nanotech batteries.Both the 6s 65c puffed slightly i was doing 112mph passes back to back though i think the regular turnigy have 8 gauge wire mabe better current flow
What was the battery temp when you were done?

6 KiloWatt A123 Racer
GTP-Pletty Big Maxximum+RX8. GTP-C50-6L Hacker+RX8. CRT.5-Pro4+ZTW esc.
24s2p EVG SX 49.6mph Ebike.
18s4p Raptor 60mph Ebike. 11.5KW

Old
  (#19)
anunaki

12.17.2011, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snellemin View Post
What was the battery temp when you were done?
didn't temp the batts but, i felt them they were warm for shure motor was 172 though.

Old
  (#20)
bumsnogger
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

12.18.2011, 01:41 PM

Hi.I've had no problems with 'em. One of mine got dragged round the car park for a few hundred yards,it was dark & the battery door popped open . I wrapped the damaged bit in insulation tape,charged it & it's fine :)

Old
  (#21)
snellemin
2 KiloWatt RACER

12.18.2011, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anunaki View Post
didn't temp the batts but, i felt them they were warm for shure motor was 172 though.
How old where they?

6 KiloWatt A123 Racer
GTP-Pletty Big Maxximum+RX8. GTP-C50-6L Hacker+RX8. CRT.5-Pro4+ZTW esc.
24s2p EVG SX 49.6mph Ebike.
18s4p Raptor 60mph Ebike. 11.5KW

Old
  (#22)
anunaki

12.19.2011, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snellemin View Post
How old where they?
no more than a month old ill soon be trying thunder power 65c but my buddy says i wont notice any difference in nano techs than thunder power but my electronics will notice the diffrence i also spoke to caste and they say that hyperion is the best hands down.

Old
  (#23)
RC-Monster Mike
Site Owner

12.19.2011, 04:28 PM

I use(and sell) Hyperion packs myself - the best Lipo available IMO.

Old
  (#24)
freddy

12.19.2011, 06:20 PM

The nanos have low ir and great punch, but the overall "build" quality cant compare to the hyperion.

Old
  (#25)
mistercrash
Guelph, Canada, eh!

12.21.2011, 10:23 AM

Here's a couple of interesting vids from HobbyKing.

http://www.youtube.com/hobbykinglive.../0/KvIaLN4AVlE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...otation_930281

A comment I wrote on Helifreak about it.
''Very interesting indeed, but I don't know how to feel about it. Is this a true test? Unbiased and totally legit? Did they really take one battery of each brand at random or were the batteries tested prior to the movie to make sure Nanos look good? They say the TP puffed, but it's hard to see if it's true from the vid. I am still not sure what to think about this. Is TP really not all that good? I never had a TP, I can't afford them. But I used several Nanos and they all failed miserably.
This darn lipo market is messed up man! I don't know what to think, what's good or bad and what to buy anymore.''

Yeah! I'm quoting myself here. How lame is that. One thing that someone else made me realize is the Nanos perform really well at first but they crap out after just a few runs and that is exactly what happen with all the Nanos I ran on different kinds of RCs.

No brain, no headaches.

Old
  (#26)
BrianG
RC-Monster Admin

12.21.2011, 11:10 AM

I saw the email for those videos this morning, but didn't watch them. Any testing where the manufacturer/reseller tests their product against another brand always has the chance to be biased. Besides, you're not the only one I've heard where the nanos have puffed after a bit of time.
  Send a message via Yahoo to BrianG Send a message via MSN to BrianG  
Old
  (#27)
freddy

12.21.2011, 12:01 PM

I have 8 nanotechs 5000mah and 2 6000mah batterys, and none of those have puffeded.
Atleast its better to buy turnigy at an decent price than other chinese cells with an "brand" name sticker on them.
Hyperion use korean made cells.

One thing that is important no matter what brand you use is to never discharge the cells below 3v, if you do that it will quickly get damaged and puffed. I recommend to use a device like junsi cell-log, cheap insurance. Some charger have inaccurate balance circuit=quickly damaged lipo

Old
  (#28)
BrianG
RC-Monster Admin

12.21.2011, 12:51 PM

Actually, there have been reports of puffed packs from just sitting at storage levels. But yes, making sure they are not discharged below ~3.2v and stored around half charge does decrease the chance of problems.
  Send a message via Yahoo to BrianG Send a message via MSN to BrianG  
Old
  (#29)
BIG-block

12.25.2011, 10:01 AM

I tired the Nano 6000mAh 25C packs and they gave me no performance difference when compared to my Turnigy 5800mAh 25C packs. Absolutely no difference at all. I have sold the truck with the batts so I couldn't really speak about their long term performance but it seems to be a common theme about them that most users don't get much use out of them. For me the normal Turnigy 5K 40C packs have been excellent and see no reason for changing to anything else. They still destroy my diffs, twist my dog bones/CVD's, break the drive cups.............

Old
  (#30)
suicideneil
They've been naughty boys, havent they Mr. Flibble

12.25.2011, 07:44 PM

I wouldn't expect you to see any real difference between what is essentially two IDENTICAL battery packs of different brand/model; you should have tried the 35c or 65c packs vs your existing 25c packs.
  Send a message via MSN to suicideneil