New Hacker Escs, motors & lipos
Old
  (#1)
suicideneil
They've been naughty boys, havent they Mr. Flibble

New Hacker Escs, motors & lipos - 02.06.2012, 03:53 PM

http://www.area52.cc/news/1868-toy-f...2--hacker.html
Quote:

Also available will be the Skalar SC motor for 1/10 scale Short Course trucks. The 4-pole motor is based on a 540-size can but sports a 550-style 5mm motor shaft making it ideal for the current breed of 4WD SC trucks. The motor sports adjustable timing, a 12.95mm rotor, will be available as 4.5T, 5.5T and 6.5T offering and is compatible with all high-performance 1/10 and 1/8 scale controllers that can handle 4-pole BL motors.

The Skalar 8 is designed for 1/8 scale vehicles, sports a 7075-T6 aluminium can with heat sink design, 4-pole design, sensor plug and will become available in four different kv ratings of 1750, 1900, 2100 and 2300. The completely rebuildable motor features low-drag bearings, easy-solder tabs and rare earth magnets. Hacker are also working on a special 1/5 scale motor and showed us a sample but we were told that this is one of the first samples and that it is to early to publish any further details about it. We will bring you more information on it as soon as we get it.

To go along with the new line of car brushless motors Hacker also introduce the Tensoric line of 1/10 scale and 1/8 scale speed controllers. Available as Tensoric 10, Tensoric SC and Tensoric 8 all three share the same software with a so called "softsensored" feature that keeps the BL motor running during a heat even if the sensor harness falls off or gets interrupted otherwise. The controllers are programmable and updatable using a programming box, are splash water proof, and 2S to 3S (Tensoric 8 2S to 6S) LiPo compatible and sport easy-replace wiring with solder tabs or bullet type connectors.

Last but not least Hacker introduce new Top Fuel 5500mAh and 6500mAh LiPo batteries. Available are 5500mAh straight and saddle packs as well as a 6500mAh straight pack. The are build from 45C/90C high-performance cells that are designed to deliver 45C constant and 90C burst and are selected using a special test program that simulates an average run with start-stop and acceleration sequences to make sure the pack recovers its power as quick as possible. The straight packs sport dual bullet type 4mm connectors and an integrated balancer plug.

The idea of a Hacker 4 pole motor, and sensored at that, is rather awesome- that 1/5 scale prototype looks immense.

The escs though, they look suspiciously like rebadged Hoobywing XErun models as someone pointed out elsewhere.

The lipos are odd too- dual 4mm bullets will be a headache to work with, and the label on the packs says 90C, yet they are described as being 45C continuous & 90C burst; not liking the Maxamps style rating system...
  Send a message via MSN to suicideneil  
Old
  (#2)
coolhandcountry
RC-Monster Mod

02.06.2012, 05:19 PM

The 1/8 motors looks like some other motor I have seen before.

Peace!
Country
Help support the
Rc-Monster
Buy here

My pics and videos

Old
  (#3)
snellemin
2 KiloWatt RACER

02.06.2012, 06:04 PM

Those ESC's look similar too the HW stuff, just nicely packaged. The hardcase lipo's look good, but dual bullet connectors? I wonder if Hacker is going to make a higher KV 4 pole motor.

6 KiloWatt A123 Racer
GTP-Pletty Big Maxximum+RX8. GTP-C50-6L Hacker+RX8. CRT.5-Pro4+ZTW esc.
24s2p EVG SX 49.6mph Ebike.
18s4p Raptor 60mph Ebike. 11.5KW

Old
  (#4)
snellemin
2 KiloWatt RACER

02.06.2012, 06:28 PM

Here is a link to Hacker Car Catalog for 2012

http://www.hacker-motor.com/daten/ka...ARLINE_WEB.pdf

6 KiloWatt A123 Racer

Old
  (#5)
BrianG
RC-Monster Admin

02.06.2012, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicideneil View Post
...The lipos are odd too- dual 4mm bullets will be a headache to work with, and the label on the packs says 90C, yet they are described as being 45C continuous & 90C burst; not liking the Maxamps style rating system...
Yeah, the dual balancer bullets seem a bit odd. Wonder how they are wired? They might be using MA-esque rating system, but at least there are no flame stickers!
  Send a message via Yahoo to BrianG Send a message via MSN to BrianG  
Old
  (#6)
suicideneil
They've been naughty boys, havent they Mr. Flibble

02.06.2012, 07:24 PM

The bullets are just for the power cables it seems- wired in parallel I'd guess- there is a seperate balancer socket on the hard case that balancer lead plugs into ( male connector each end I suppose ).

It's what I'd call a wanky setup...
  Send a message via MSN to suicideneil  
Old
  (#7)
BrianG
RC-Monster Admin

02.06.2012, 07:28 PM

OK, I think I see now. I initially missed the little square thingy (balance plug) on the end, and was thinking more along the lines of the old Trakpower hard-case packs with one center small bullet connection. The dual plugs are presumably paralleled to better handle the current the battery can deliver. Although, a simple move to 6/5mm Castle-like plugs would negate the need for paralleling, but whatever.
  Send a message via Yahoo to BrianG Send a message via MSN to BrianG  
Old
  (#8)
BIG-block

02.07.2012, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicideneil View Post
The escs though, they look suspiciously like rebadged Hoobywing XErun models as someone pointed out elsewhere.
What makes you say that.

Old
  (#9)
lutach
RC-Monster Dual Brushless

02.07.2012, 10:32 AM

German engineering gave away to cheaper Chinese products for the car guys. Kind of sad, but it makes money sense to hacker. They didn't spend any $$$$$ on designing their own products and since they think Hacker is a high standard name, they'll probably charge people 2 times (maybe more) what others do.
  Send a message via MSN to lutach  
Old
  (#10)
RC toy
Got Brushes? NOT

02.07.2012, 11:14 AM

Maybe they want to change their name to "Cheater" ? but Hacker is pretty similar tho...
  Send a message via Skype™ to RC toy 
Old
  (#11)
Byte

02.08.2012, 02:59 PM

Kind of sad what they're doing here imo. Their motors look OK though...

Well, I still got my high quality oldskool C50 and C40 Hacker motors

Old
  (#12)
snellemin
2 KiloWatt RACER

02.08.2012, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte View Post

Well, I still got my high quality oldskool C50 and C40 Hacker motors
+1 here. I'll just wait for somebody to post pics of the internals. And the kv options are just sad.

6 KiloWatt A123 Racer

Old
  (#13)
RC-Monster Mike
Site Owner

02.08.2012, 04:38 PM

Sad!

Old
  (#14)
hemiblas
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

02.09.2012, 03:03 PM

Hey if everyone adopts the rating system of using the peak value as the C rating then at least everyone will be on equal ground. Except for some of the more respectable manufacturers, the ratings being provided that are claimed to be continuous have really been the peak rating.

Old
  (#15)
RC-Monster Mike
Site Owner

02.09.2012, 03:21 PM

Its a bit deeper than that - what EXACTLY does peak current mean? Selling a pack with an individual cell's peak rating that isn't even defined is basically smoke an mirrors. If I buy a pack, I want to be able to ascertain the expected performance of the pack with reasonable consistency - I could care less if an individual cell can deliver 900 amps when the assembled pack can only output 100 amps due to construction limitations.