RC-Monster Forums  
RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > HPI Savage

Old
  (#46)
naynay12
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

07.09.2009, 05:44 AM

Ok,and it will be fine if i charged both packs on the same charger right?I plan to charge the 2s and 3s pack with a hobbycity connector,allowing me to charge both pack on their turnigy accul $38 charger.

Old
  (#47)
scarletboa
RC-Monster Aluminum

07.09.2009, 07:11 AM

yes, it will be fine. i have that same charger and i love it.

They say a good mechanic only needs 2 tools - WD40 & Duct tape. If it moves, and its not supposed to, duct tape. If it doesn't move, and its supposed to, WD40.

Old
  (#48)
scarletboa
RC-Monster Aluminum

10.29.2009, 12:04 AM

quick update.

i finally caved and got a MMM. i am actually glad that i got it because the programming is nice and easy, yet there is so much you can do.

i ran it for a good 10 minutes in 1st gear (25-30mph) until i heard the classic stripped spur gear sound. it turns out, my brand new KB45-12L motor is having issues and today was it's first run. the shaft somehow got pushed backwards. i was able to pull it forward again using pliers, but now i have 2 KB motors with the rotors not attached to the shafts very well. i have heard that green loctite or JB weld will fix this problem. if it doesn't work, i might end up just getting either the CC/NEU 2200kv motor or the HPI 2200kv NEU motor just in case i decide to switch to flux chassis plates later. i really don't wanna dish out $120 for a motor though and i really hope i can fix my 2 KB motors. so far, this savage conversion has been very "unlucky". ironically, the only part of the conversion i truly doubted is the only part that hasn't had issues. the battery "trays" are just strips of velcro glued directly to the TVPs and lipo packs. there is also a single velcro strap that goes around the battery and the inside of the TVP for each battery. i have had no issues at all with this battery mounting setup.

and by parts of the conversion failing i mean:
transmission (stuck in 1st gear even with adjustment screw all the way loose)
motors
esc
batteries (had to resolder one of them)
motor mount (kershaw forgot to include some washer things and the motor mount keeps shifting and it held in place with zipties)

They say a good mechanic only needs 2 tools - WD40 & Duct tape. If it moves, and its not supposed to, duct tape. If it doesn't move, and its supposed to, WD40.

Old
  (#49)
scarletboa
RC-Monster Aluminum

12.02.2009, 01:53 AM

i came to a realization that i want insane, uncontrollable power and my KB motors will never achieve it. they are too slow and they are cheap and will run hot if i try to run them like a castle/neu motor. i bought a used savage flux after realizing it would cost about $400 to make my truck the way i want it. i bought the flux for not much more then that and got a spare set of tires and a couple lipos out of it as well. i will likely use the converted savage for parts. i plan on running the 4 flux shocks along with 4 nitro savage shocks to keep the suspension nice and stiff for the insane abuse i plan on dishing out. since i will have a nice surplus of parts, i will bash it even harder, knowing that if i break it, i will have the parts to fix it. i am continuing this in my new thread.

even though i won't be continuing my conversion, everyone is still welcome to discuss their conversions here.

Old
  (#50)
whipnet
RCCOH.COM

12.20.2009, 01:17 AM

Most Savage X conversions I have seen have turned out scraped for a flux. :(

I understand why though. My conversion cost me more than a flux, but I like it much better.

Beat your truck like it owes you money!!

RC Club of Houston

Old
  (#51)
scarletboa
RC-Monster Aluminum

12.20.2009, 04:10 PM

well, if my savage was as heavily upgraded as yours, i would have done what you did except i would have gone with castle and gotten the MMM combo. my nitro savage was bone stock though and the used flux i got has plenty of nice upgrades like the BP diffs, extended plates, FLM plates, badlands, JR radio system (which i plan on selling), etc.

edit: i tried the 4 flux shocks and 4 nitro shocks and the top mounting screw thing wasn't long enough. the stock flux shocks are doing much better than i thought they would though.

Last edited by scarletboa; 12.20.2009 at 04:11 PM.

Tags
brushless, conversion, ezrun, lipo, savage