Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > Brushless

which Neu for emaxx
Old
  (#1)
makana59
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

Question which Neu for emaxx - 08.31.2008, 04:48 PM

aloha Guys,
I have decided to order the Castle Creations Mamba Monster controller V2, I know i might be waiting a little but that will give me sometime to think about what motor to get. I was looking to a Neu motor but I cant decide which (i really dont know or fully understand) motor to get. Its not for racing compititions but i still want it decently fast maybe 50-60s if possible. I have a warrior controller but that burned out and a fiego motor. I wanted to go to lipos too and have to read a little on that too about care and what size to get. but for now the motor is on question. By the way is the Castle Creations Mamba Monster controller V2 a good controller for longevity? I guess if there are any suggestions on lipos to get for the set up would be good too. THanks for all the information and help. Makana

By the way I have a older style emaxx about 4 years old. I has a gmaxx single speed tranny, hardened steel internals. UE CVDs, hot bodies gearing, fast lane frame, 23mm hex, and some other things I cant think of. I think its strong enough on the outside to handle a bigger brush. Thaks again Makana

Old
  (#2)
BL_RV0
RC-Monster Dual Brushless

08.31.2008, 05:16 PM

I'd get a 1515 2.5d and run on 6s. Also but 2 pinions, 1 for speed runs and 1 for general bashing.

Get me back into RC!
  Send a message via Yahoo to BL_RV0 Send a message via AIM to BL_RV0 Send a message via MSN to BL_RV0  
Old
  (#3)
Arct1k
RC-Monster Mod

08.31.2008, 06:30 PM

+1 on above... Nice motor at 4s, prefect motor at 5s, insane motor at 6s!

Old
  (#4)
TruckBasher
RC-Monster Aluminum

08.31.2008, 07:08 PM

1515/2.5D should be fine..I have it on my 13lbs EMAXX and easily gets to 40+MPH (for bashing i think its fast enough and for very rough surface i think no need to run a that speed...will result to either broken drive shafts or burnt ESC "maybe")

BTW, you should have bought the MMM from Mike he has them on stock. I believe a couple of preorders were canceled so Mike have some spares....

RCM MMM on stock

E-Slayer direct drive to diff
Savage Flux 5T work in progress

Old
  (#5)
E-Revonut
RC-Monster RC8T

08.31.2008, 08:13 PM

I'm running a 1515 2.5d Tekno edition neu on 4s and it's great for near 40MPH runs, in an E-REVO. As for 50-60 range, I think thats insane to expect on any MT, let alone a MAXX that doesn't handle for crap next to the REVO. Unless your going to sink that thing down to the ground any steering input is going to result in cartwheels, of course this is all just my opinion. Most try to gear for 40ish and if you've never driven a MT at 40 you'd be surprised at just how fast that really is. I try to gear for just under 40, about 37-38MPH. Personally, once again my opinion, I would go with the 1515 2.5d however you want to go. It will gear for 40ish on 4-6s if you want a driveable truck, and if you really want to go stupid fast in an MT it should handle those speeds but 6s would be a requierement. just my 2c

Old
  (#6)
azjc

08.31.2008, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by makana59 View Post
aloha Guys,
I have decided to order the Castle Creations Mamba Monster controller V2, I know i might be waiting a little but that will give me sometime to think about what motor to get. I was looking to a Neu motor but I cant decide which (i really dont know or fully understand) motor to get. Its not for racing compititions but i still want it decently fast maybe 50-60s if possible. I have a warrior controller but that burned out and a fiego motor. I wanted to go to lipos too and have to read a little on that too about care and what size to get. but for now the motor is on question. By the way is the Castle Creations Mamba Monster controller V2 a good controller for longevity? I guess if there are any suggestions on lipos to get for the set up would be good too. THanks for all the information and help. Makana

By the way I have a older style emaxx about 4 years old. I has a gmaxx single speed tranny, hardened steel internals. UE CVDs, hot bodies gearing, fast lane frame, 23mm hex, and some other things I cant think of. I think its strong enough on the outside to handle a bigger brush. Thaks again Makana
IMO keep your speeds at 40-50 mph range...thats pretty fast for a offroad vehicle if you want a faster vehicle go with an on road car and I run the 3.3 slider driveshafts and they are very strong never a problem