RC-Monster Forums  
RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > HPI Savage

Savage Flux 1/5 Conversions, what info a newbie should know
Old
  (#1)
Cain
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

Savage Flux 1/5 Conversions, what info a newbie should know - 06.06.2012, 04:04 PM

Hello everyone.

Been doing the electric thing for a bit, and well, got bit by the 1/5 bug after a great deal on an MCD RR V4 popped up.

Anyway, still an electric fan at heart even though I have to admit the long runtimes of gassers are fun.

I have been toying with the idea of converting the MCD to electric and I am patiently waiting to see what RC Monster comes up with for there conversion ...

However, I am facinated by the Savage Flux conversions I have seen, and the price of parts in comparison to what MCD asks of you (first born? ) is nice.

So, now to the meat of my questions ...

For those who have done the conversions:

- What about your chassis conversion made you go with that manufacturer (right now TCS and Alza are the two I have seen?)

- Can you get Alza Racing conversion in the USA from a USA distributor, if so, who?

- What conversions allow you to use the bigger than the castle 2200Kv motor in it without modification (or minimal)

Now to the next part ...

- What parts do you feel are a must to be upgraded when going to a 1/5 scale setup on the savage platform? (stock numbers would be a plus )

- Who all makes conversions to use Losi LST shocks available in the USA, and how well do they work in comparison to the dual shock setups?

- Kind of a two parter here, I am wanting to use 1/5 scale rims and tires, but also want them to be offset based on what I am seeing from some of the conversions, who do you guys recommend for these things? (part numbers, etc)

And finally ...

- For electronics, I am thinking that I may use a receiver pack to avoid the failed BEC / smoke all your electronics condition when running higher voltages like 6S. Anyone else do this?

- For the common motor setups, what are you guys seeing for gearing for a given voltage?

Thank you before hand. There is a lot of great info in the numerous threads, just hoping to get the best compiled in one place if possible.