RC-Monster Forums  
RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > Mini truggy

Old
  (#16)
E-Revonut
RC-Monster RC8T

07.01.2008, 08:42 AM

Ok now for some more questions. I'm pretty much decided on the CRT.5 but can I acheive low to mid 30's on 2s? I'm not going to bother if I need to get 3s packs, I have (4) 6000mah 2s2p packs already that I've been running in my vxl and e-revo. I'm not looking for crazy speeds, just wondering if its to much for 2s. Also what is the popular motor choice, Without dropping the mega bucks on a neu? Is there anythimg besides a motor mount and battery box i need for the conversion? I will be mostly bashing with this as there isn't much demand for racing locally, but I heard that there is a track that was just built about 30 min from me so that may be changing.

Old
  (#17)
E-Revonut
RC-Monster RC8T

07.06.2008, 02:32 PM

Ok I have purchased a crt.5 roller to start my project with. Now for some questions, I've read many threads on this truck but haven't really seen the answers for these questions. I'll start by asking what you guys think of using the MM4600 motor. I'm only looking for a top speed in the mid 30's, I have seen people using the 5700k/v motors and that seems like to much. I'm not looking for a rocket here, I'll be running 2S 6000mah maxamps lipo. Gearing: what is the stock gearing? 32p? Mod1? other? I'm really pretty much going to replace my rc18t with this so 35MPH is even an upgrade from that, just this should be a little more stable and track straighter with a bit more clearance. Any input is appreciated.

Old
  (#18)
BrianG
RC-Monster Admin

07.06.2008, 03:14 PM

You're gonna get different answers here, but I am not happy with the CC 4600 motor on 2s. In order to get temps I am happy with, I have to gear down to 12t, which makes top speed really low (mid/low 20's). I am planning to get a slightly larger motor, maybe a Medusa 50 series ot Neu 1506/09 motor. ~4600kv is fine, but the CC motors are just too small to run right. You'd probably have a much easier time getting the top speed and low temps with 3s and the appropriate motor.

Stock pitch is Mod1.
  Send a message via Yahoo to BrianG Send a message via MSN to BrianG  
Old
  (#19)
E-Revonut
RC-Monster RC8T

07.06.2008, 04:02 PM

well for now I'm def gonna stick with 2S as I have 4 of these packs already. Guess I'll be going with a feigao l series and gear it approprietlly.

Old
  (#20)
E-Revonut
RC-Monster RC8T

07.11.2008, 08:25 PM

medusa 50 series a decent motor for a CRT.5?

Old
  (#21)
E-Revonut
RC-Monster RC8T

07.27.2008, 03:00 PM

Well I finally have a working computer again so now I can put up a pic of my build. I purchased a roller from CCristo with RCM motor mount to start with. I decided I wanted the extended chassis so I found a new OFNA extended kit on ebay. Using a MM esc and a Medusa 36-50-4800 motor running on 2S 6000mah MaxAmp packs. I built my own battery tray out of some alluminum as well as a plate to mount the esc and spektrum receiver abobe the center diff. I'm using a spektrum high torque servo fro the steering. The picture shows the truggy with the stock bowties but for general bashing I picked up a set of traxxas slash tires, untill I can find someplace that has the bandit anacondas in stock. This truck is absolutely amazing!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM0329a.JPG
Views:	245
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	5119