Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > Mini truggy

Old
  (#16)
magman
RC-Monster Dual Brushless

05.28.2010, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snellemin View Post

I do use a tire truer for these. I use contact cement to clue them. I cut the inner rim lip off with a razor and sand them down a bit for the clue to catch onto something. I coat both inner foam donut and wheel. Let airdry a bit and then coat both donut and wheel again to act as lubricant and activator. Just squeez the donunt in place and dry overnite. Next day I just cut them down on the truer or drillpress.

The rims are Traxxas Rear Wheel Chrome Nitro Rustler.
Thanks for your explanation

1. MBX-6 T8 1900KV, RX8 ON 4S
2. MBX-5T 1520, MMM ON 5S
3. MBX-5 ONROAD CONVERSION 1515, MMM ON 5S
4. MRX-3 ON ROAD CONVERSION 1512, MMM ON 6S
5. TEN T 2650 T8, MMP ON 3S

Old
  (#17)
justpassedu
RC-Monster Stock

05.31.2010, 10:06 PM

I think the 12mm to 17mm that mike make's look good but honestly i feel the same about hex going on hex. Honestly i have never tried them so i cannot say they are good or bad. They are kind of pricey and if they were a little cheaper i would try them in a heart beat. I dont have many 1/10 size vehicles or anything that really takes 12mm hex to justify buying them for one car when i can buy a set for $25 and under shipped that will work good. the flm protype set i had worked great and were cheap, i just did not like the fact that i had to use a metal type washer to hold the axle pins in place , could have been designed a lil better but then again it was a prototype. Nard Cox the mm is holding up good , my only problem is i am running a 7700kv motor and the motor gets a bit hot sometimes bc of long full throttle run's. I had the motor laying around so i figured id throw it in . I actually ziptied two novak esc heat sinks on top of my mm for extra cooling and it has been working out pretty good. I have been running stock pinion and spur on 2s so far. As for those slash 4x4 adapters , if i was going to use any i would get the aka racing ones , i had them on my slash 4x4 and they were top quality and worked great. But honestlty at that price if i was going to spend the money i would give rc monster mikes a shot.

Last edited by justpassedu; 05.31.2010 at 10:09 PM.

Old
  (#18)
jhautz
RC-Monster Mod

05.31.2010, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-Monster Mike View Post
I find it interesting that people would even consider using a 17mm wheel adapter set that was designed specifically for a different vehicle(so it "might" fit the intended application), when my adapters will be transferable to pretty much any car with a 12mm hex. Any adapter that is sized to a specific axle will have potential tolerance issues and fitment issues on any vehicle it isn't specifically designed for - this is why my hex adapters are the way they are - they can fit snugly onto the stock hex for near perfect concentricity AND universal fit to many vehicles. How many hours is someone willing to spend to save $5-$10 on a "might fit" when they could simply use my adapters that do fit? In my mind, if you go to work for $10/hour, then any time over 1 hour is simply devaluing your time when searching for a cheap alternative - assuming you can actually save $10 (and the real loss may be much worse if they don't work, don't work well or require additional time to make work). You could just as well put in an hour of work for free and buy my adapters that DO WORK. If you make more than $10/hour, then the math is even worse. What am I missing? My adapter set consists of 4 hex adapters and 4 nuts, so 8 pieces total(and each piece requires 2 machine operations and setup) @$4.50 per piece or $2.25 per operation for cnc machined aluminum goodness. This is considered "pricey", but spending hours to save $5 somehow makes sense?
+1

I'm with you... Why screw around?

I've run the RCM adapters on the CRT.5 (pictured) the Mini Hyper and the SCRT10 and they worked perfect on all of them.

I can't decide if its more fun
to make it...
or break it...

Silent...But Deadly

Old
  (#19)
AL3xGR
Account Deleted

11.15.2010, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snellemin View Post
I don't have a hyper mini, but I do have the crt.5. Almost the same thing. For onroad use, I mount my own foam tires. I use foam donuts from rc4less and newera. I used the 7400kv B50 hacker past Sunday on 4s A123. Plenty fast.

Here's a pick of the tires I made over the weekend mounted on Traxxas wheels. As you can see, they have a lot of meat. For even higher speeds, I like the 6 layer silver foam donuts from rc4less.
From where did you bought these tires?(tell me what brand/model they are too).Or you made them?(wheels and foam donuts)

Old
  (#20)
snellemin
2 KiloWatt RACER

11.15.2010, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL3xGR View Post
From where did you bought these tires?(tell me what brand/model they are too).Or you made them?(wheels and foam donuts)

I buy the foam donuts from RC4Less and mount them to the rims, where I cut the second inner lip off. Sand the rims a bit on the truer and mount the donuts with regular contact cement. I've use donuts from neweramodels and they don't last too long.

6 KiloWatt A123 Racer
GTP-Pletty Big Maxximum+RX8. GTP-C50-6L Hacker+RX8. CRT.5-Pro4+ZTW esc.
24s2p EVG SX 49.6mph Ebike.
18s4p Raptor 60mph Ebike. 11.5KW

Old
  (#21)
AL3xGR
Account Deleted

11.16.2010, 09:37 AM

Do they long laster than rubber tires? And about the grip?(asphalt)
What wheels?
Thanks for helping.

Old
  (#22)
snellemin
2 KiloWatt RACER

11.16.2010, 10:06 AM

For how I drive, they do last longer. I just change pinion as the tires wear down. I drive mostly on concrete and they grip well. On asphalt they should handle the same. On a Tar top/blacktop not so much unless it's treated with some sticky stuff. But if you like to run oval on black top, than the foams are perfect. I usually pick either green or silver foam.

6 KiloWatt A123 Racer
GTP-Pletty Big Maxximum+RX8. GTP-C50-6L Hacker+RX8. CRT.5-Pro4+ZTW esc.
24s2p EVG SX 49.6mph Ebike.
18s4p Raptor 60mph Ebike. 11.5KW