Insane signature right here!!!
  Send a message via Skype™ to RC toy 
Aluminum.
Old
  (#19)
JERRY2KONE
JERRY2KONE SUPERMAXX

Aluminum. - 01.19.2011, 05:25 PM

Just because they are aluminum alloy don't assume that they are all that much heavier than stock. Besides these trucks are more about looks than anything else. Sort of a priceless musium artifact if you will. Not that they will not perform great, because they will still hang with the big boys. They will just look much better doing so.

SUPERMAXX YOUR LIFE.

Old
  (#20)
MiRatlhed
RCMTC-MI

02.02.2011, 04:58 PM

Started on the Predator and mocking everything up before I drill the holes in the skid for the RC Monster mount. Having the chassis milled was a good idea, thanks Mike! Allows for plenty of room for the spur to clear the chassis.

Found out I cannot use my Sweet Strobes on this with the Dace towers, they are thicker than UE ones and pushes the Strobe brace out past the bulkhead not allowing the bolt holes to line up.

Similar
Old
  (#21)
JERRY2KONE
JERRY2KONE SUPERMAXX

Similar - 02.02.2011, 05:27 PM

Hey Joe I did something similar with one of my trucks mounting the center RCM universal diff setup. I believe it all depends on what your powerplant setup will be. If you are planning to use any real brushless power mounting the diff mount on that aluminum center skid may not be your best bet. I mounted mine on a 3mm titanium plate which gives a considerably stronger platform to keep it from distorting under load. The truck looks nice so far and I am sure that it will turn out much like your other builds, which are incredible. Keep up the good work Joe.

SUPERMAXX YOUR LIFE.

Old
  (#22)
MiRatlhed
RCMTC-MI

02.02.2011, 05:42 PM

Thanks Jerry. We will have to see how it does, not even sure what power system I am using yet. I really don't have any real good systems right now. Just a couple Hacker C-50's and a Novak HV. My Tekin is staying with my Lightning.

Old
  (#23)
_paralyzed_
working on a brushless for my wheelchair.....

02.03.2011, 07:12 AM

IMO the aluminum will hold just fine.

The hacker motors are known for snapping their shaft. I snapped mine in a stock plastic e-maxx on only 12 nimh cells. They work great in lighter vehicles like rustlers or stampedes. I would honestly sell them or something and not risk wrecking them.

The Novak would match the color scheme much better. If you have the matching hacker master car sport esc's the novak and hacker esc would work well on 4s lipo geared for 35-40

If you can put some money into it the hpi (savage flux) version of the castle neu 2200kv motor is all black. That and a black MMM would look and perform absolutely awesome on the truck.

I will be watching to see what comes of these builds!!

It's "Dr. _paralyzed_" actually. Not like with a PhD, but Doctor like in Dr. Pepper.

Old
  (#24)
MiRatlhed
RCMTC-MI

02.03.2011, 08:17 AM

That's cool paralyzed, thanks for the heads up on the Hacker motors! My kids have a Slash and a Pede so maybe I will just drop those in their two trucks and let them run em. I do have a nice large black heatsink fin for the Novak motor so that would probably match nicely. Those HPI Flux versions are sweet though, I should look into those. That would really match this truck sweet. A guy had one for sale a while back on RCMT so I got to check it out. The Novak system sits in my TXT Stallion right now so I will do some homework on the HPI system and try to pick one up.

With the skid being held with six bolts and the truck being rather small we will see how well it holds up. Hard to find a Ti center skid anymore, I only have one and that is for my Lightning cause my VBS skids are Ti.

I am headed down to IL to race for the weekend so more will come next week. Thanks for staying tuned to the builds, nice to see interest in these. They are pretty cool.

Great work joe.
Old
  (#25)
JERRY2KONE
JERRY2KONE SUPERMAXX

Great work joe. - 02.04.2011, 05:53 AM

Great work Joe. Yea we are all watching out for you. Not only did I use a Titanium center skid to mount mine, but I tapped the mounts to 4mm for added durability. It really all depends on what motor you end up setting up in there. If it has any real power it will have a tendancy to tweek whatever you have holding it. Between you and Mike we are seeing new ways to build a Maxx truck. Have fun brother.

SUPERMAXX YOUR LIFE.

Old
  (#26)
_paralyzed_
working on a brushless for my wheelchair.....

02.05.2011, 03:06 AM

Also- spin the center diff and face the motor to the front. They jump much more level with the weight forward

It's "Dr. _paralyzed_" actually. Not like with a PhD, but Doctor like in Dr. Pepper.

Old
  (#27)
MiRatlhed
RCMTC-MI

02.17.2011, 09:56 PM

Well I have been sick as a dog all week so I mocked up my Lightning so I could start my own RC wall.....haha Yeah never will it be anything like Bosox06 but hey it's mine. Still need to cut hinge pins and assemble my Spyder 8's, I just tossed some 6's in there for now and some used pins. Will be taken back apart when final assembly begins because I do want to drive it indoors at our carpet events and show it off to some other RC'rs that will appreciate this piece. Thanks to everyone here for all your support in my RC adventures.

Adds a little something to my work table..... Megadeth and UE....what could be better!!!

Got a good deal on some Panther slicks for it, I hope to still go with a Muscle car body for this rig. Put the orange foams I just got from Kenny in them.

Smile!

Old
  (#28)
MiRatlhed
RCMTC-MI

02.17.2011, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _paralyzed_ View Post

If you can put some money into it the hpi (savage flux) version of the castle neu 2200kv motor is all black. That and a black MMM would look and perform absolutely awesome on the truck.
I traded a rare chassis to a friend for a Mamba combo, it is the green can but hey I am happy. It will go in the Predator, just have to get a battery tray for a 4S I have.

I got the skid all drilled out and it is ready to be assembled, I just have been feeling crappy all week so I just mocked up my Lightning.

Old
  (#29)
Overdriven
Destroyer of Tires

02.18.2011, 09:50 AM

You could always just paint the motor. Then polish the fins or do some careful masking with some thin tape. Someone on here did that and it came out great. Very nice builds btw, and feel better.

LST XXL MMM 1717 Custom Fabbed Conversion

Old
  (#30)
swiftneed
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

02.26.2011, 05:17 PM

Wow this build is sick shelf queen or what

• RCM XT8 MMM NEU1521 1Y AKA TIRES HITEC 7955 TG 6S
  • MBX6T MMM CC 1518 HITEC 7955 BRAKE 5645 MG 6S LIPO