RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > Brushless

RcMonster Motor Mount For Ofna dm1e
Old
  (#1)
justpassedu
RC-Monster Stock

RcMonster Motor Mount For Ofna dm1e - 05.24.2012, 03:31 PM

Will the rc monster motor mount fit a dm1-e and allow for bigger pinions than the stock mount and if so what is the biggest pinion that will fit ? Thankyou

Old
  (#2)
jayjay283
RC-Monster Titanium

05.25.2012, 03:36 PM

heres what a member told me when I asked a similar question

The older 1/7 dm-1 is totally compatable with the newer spec length car. Only difference is chassis length is longer on the old one (longere rear center dog bone) and the rear shocks are the lay down style like the front shocks instead of the stand up rear on the newer spec 1/8 version. I actually have both cars. I converted the original longer dm1 years ago and still have it and I just got this car because it was a good deal and I just wanted something new.

Old
  (#3)
_paralyzed_
working on a brushless for my wheelchair.....

05.25.2012, 04:07 PM

It will fit and will allow for larger pinions, I'm not sure how large though.

Rc-Monster also makes a center spool that holds nitro revo spurs (mod1) that allow spurs down to 34 tooth, another way to "gear up". I'll add a link in a few minutes.

It's "Dr. _paralyzed_" actually. Not like with a PhD, but Doctor like in Dr. Pepper.

Old
  (#4)
_paralyzed_
working on a brushless for my wheelchair.....

05.25.2012, 04:15 PM

link- http://www.rc-monster.com/proddetail...=RCM6mmsnglspd

revo is an option in the bottom pull down menu

It's "Dr. _paralyzed_" actually. Not like with a PhD, but Doctor like in Dr. Pepper.

Old
  (#5)
jhautz
RC-Monster Mod

05.30.2012, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _paralyzed_ View Post
It will fit and will allow for larger pinions, I'm not sure how large though.

Rc-Monster also makes a center spool that holds nitro revo spurs (mod1) that allow spurs down to 34 tooth, another way to "gear up". I'll add a link in a few minutes.
Yes. I have the RCM mount and the Revo spool with the 40T revo gear in my DM1e spec. Works great. Running the hobbywing 150a esc and 2000kv motor on 6s. Brutally fast and can run a full pack of full speed asphalt oval without anything overheating. I had it out with this new gearing setup last week and it was the fastest thing on the track. There were a couple guys running cars that were faster but they could only do a couple speed runs and then had to shut down to cool. I was able to run a full 6s 4000mah pack and it came off around 160. Hot but not overheated. Let it cool for 15 min and go run again.

The RCM mount is WORLDS better than the POS mount the car came with. Id recommend upgrading even if you aren't looking for additional gearing options.

I can't decide if its more fun
to make it...
or break it...

Silent...But Deadly

Last edited by jhautz; 05.30.2012 at 02:52 PM.

Old
  (#6)
justpassedu
RC-Monster Stock

05.30.2012, 05:21 PM

My choice is upgrade with both those rc-monster parts and I'm close to $100 or go with a snr carbon fiber chassis at $100 which will allow bigger pinions. I'm a sucker for carbon and the car will be lighter. I have always used rc-monster products in the past so I know 1st hand how well there made , hard choice ...

Old
  (#7)
jhautz
RC-Monster Mod

05.30.2012, 05:31 PM

Nothing wrong with the stock chassis. If I was going to upgrade anything else besides the motor mount Id go with the SNR front shock tower that allows for stand up front shocks rather than the stock lay down position.

What are you planning to do with the car?

to make it...
or break it...

Silent...But Deadly

Old
  (#8)
justpassedu
RC-Monster Stock

05.30.2012, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhautz View Post
Nothing wrong with the stock chassis. If I was going to upgrade anything else besides the motor mount Id go with the SNR front shock tower that allows for stand up front shocks rather than the stock lay down position.

What are you planning to do with the car?
I'm trying to fit the biggest pinion I can for the least money and if it's between a cf chassis and a motor mount , I'd rather go with a cf chassis as most would.

Old
  (#9)
jayjay283
RC-Monster Titanium

05.30.2012, 08:04 PM

I was/ may going to buy that snr chassis, but it still leaves you with a crap motor mount now mounted on a pretty thin piece of milled out cf (by that I mean the motor mount slide holes). and you still need the rc-monster spur adapter to get down to a 34t p

Last edited by jayjay283; 05.30.2012 at 08:06 PM.

Old
  (#10)
jhautz
RC-Monster Mod

05.30.2012, 08:24 PM

If you just want the bigger pinion for a cheap as possible then you really only need the revo spur adapter. Putting thr smaller spur gear on leaves alot if room for a bigger pinion. That would be the ceapest route.

Every tooth you take away from the spur gear leaves room for one more tooth on the pinion. Going from the stock 49T spur to the revo 40T gear let's you go up 9 teeth on the pinion. The smaller revo gears will give you even more room for bigger pinion.

When I bought my adapter from RCM it even came with the 40T revo gear. Not a big deal, but saved the $5 to buy the gear too.

to make it...
or break it...

Silent...But Deadly

Old
  (#11)
justpassedu
RC-Monster Stock

06.05.2012, 12:19 PM

Ok I started building the dm1 e , drilled bigger slots in the stock motor mount to allow me to fit a 1717 , used all three screws to hold the motor so it is secure as possible , started to dremel the chassis a bit to allow a bigger pinion and then decided to stop as the 1717 is heavy and if I get to close to the sides of the chassis that motor will prob crack the chassis or fall off. Ordered the rc-monster single speed adapter , hopefully I can go bigger pinions with this method , does it come with a revo spur bc it says it comes with a spur ? Ordered the 8mm revo version ? What is the next step I should take ? Thankyou

Old
  (#12)
Nissanmania
RC-Monster Stock

07.29.2012, 12:00 PM

My experience with the DM1-E in the short time I've had it:
1. The standard chassis is fine but the standard motor mount is awful to use and not only do you have to get pinion/spur mesh right but also angle of motor at same time
2. The standard spur is fine providing you don't plan on high speed runs. You can fit a 20T pinion with the 49T spur and I'm getting blistering speed with Tekin 2250/RX8 on 4S on a GP standard race track. You will need to file out slots to get this pinion in. The RC monster spur is also OK if want to use smaller pinions to get same gearing or want to use for high speed runs (not my thing). It is narrower than stock one so will get chewed out easier. Also check screws - they aren't threadlocked and WILL come loose (wasn't impressed when 3 out of 4 fell out after one session). Same goes for stock one - nut holding spur came loose after one run.
3. Don't rely on using the SNR CF chassis with it's extended slots to use the standard motor mount. Mine has a hairline crack in the chassis on the outer slot after only 2 light sessions. Otherwise is nice chassis but not sure if worth the $100 over the stock one.
4. The RC Monster motor mount is great and what the car should have come out with in the first place. Still the kit is only $250 US or less so I suppose that's why!

Old
  (#13)
Bmr4life
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

08.17.2012, 09:59 AM

How is the spool modified versus stock? Is it drilled/taped and lathed down to fit the revo spur?

Old
  (#14)
alexart77
RC-Monster Stock

12.15.2015, 02:47 AM

I need some help! I have an Ofna DM1 spec with 2 speed electric conversion. got it from Nitro house several years back. it uses the stock Spur gears from the DM 1 spec 2 speed Nitro version and I'm having a really hard time finding the gears for it. In fact I can't even find one! My car is virtually brand-new and haven't really gotten a chance to drive it that much. it's basically been collecting dust for the last 10 years in my basement and it's time to drive it. So my question is.... is there some sort of a center single speed or 2 speed conversion that takes different spur gears that I could use with my car? the last time I drove it the gears got a little chewed up. I know RC monster makes quite a few parts. if I have to change out the center transmission? I will. obviously I'd like to use the 2 speed if i can because that is the reason I bought it in the 1st place! Does anybody know which parts to use or if I need to convert to a single speed in order to run my car with different spur gears? if I can't find new or replacement gears for it then it's basically worthless to me other than it looking really fast and spiffy! any information would be great because at this point in time I'm completely stumped and I really really want to drive it!

Old
  (#15)
jayjay283
RC-Monster Titanium

12.15.2015, 01:46 PM

You can do both I believe #1

single speed

http://www.rc-monster.com/proddetail...eed_Conversion

2 speed adaptor

http://www.rc-monster.com/proddetail...apter_5mm_bore

http://www.rc-monster.com/proddetail...speed_1st_gear
http://www.rc-monster.com/proddetail...speed_2nd_gear