RC-Monster Forums  
RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > Castle Creations

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Castle Monster esc
Old
  (#1)
hooppjs
RC-Monster Stock Maggot
 
hooppjs's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 68
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Sydney Australia
Castle Monster esc - 01.24.2013, 10:58 PM

Men,

I've been running my old Mamba Monster esc in my older Kyosho 1/8 Landmax for years now. 5s Hyp battery from Pat (rclipos) and using esc brakes. I still use my FM JR Propo. It spins the tyres and does the most graceful powerslides. Top speed is good, acceleration is good. Nothing burns, nothing breaks.
What am I doing wrong for xxxx's sake?


100% recycled electrons were used in this message.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#2)
brainanator
RC-Monster Aluminum
 
brainanator's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 738
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Williston, ND
01.25.2013, 11:23 AM

have you checked the motor fluid recently? Something is not right here...


OFNA Jammin CRT.5e, Savage Flux HP, MBX5Te, SCX10, Multirotors, foam planes
  Send a message via Yahoo to brainanator Send a message via MSN to brainanator  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#3)
magman
RC-Monster Dual Brushless
 
magman's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 4,236
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cape Cod, Mass.
01.25.2013, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooppjs View Post
Men,

I've been running my old Mamba Monster esc in my older Kyosho 1/8 Landmax for years now. 5s Hyp battery from Pat (rclipos) and using esc brakes. I still use my FM JR Propo. It spins the tyres and does the most graceful powerslides. Top speed is good, acceleration is good. Nothing burns, nothing breaks.
What am I doing wrong for xxxx's sake?
Sounds like you are having too much fun...IMO


1. MBX-6 T8 1900KV, RX8 ON 4S
2. MBX-5T 1520, MMM ON 5S
3. MBX-5 ONROAD CONVERSION 1515, MMM ON 5S
4. MRX-3 ON ROAD CONVERSION 1512, MMM ON 6S
5. TEN T 2650 T8, MMP ON 3S
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#4)
hooppjs
RC-Monster Stock Maggot
 
hooppjs's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 68
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Sydney Australia
01.26.2013, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainanator View Post
have you checked the motor fluid recently? Something is not right here...
HA HA. Yep, sure did.

I can't believe my post has had 2700 hits in 3 days! This just shows that I and others, are deprived of the insane Castle Creations powered vehicles that used to pop up here nearly everyday! Are we in a lull? Are we waiting for 100s/1000 amp speedies the size of a matchbox with matching 100ah, 100c lipo that weighs 500 grams? I spose it will happen by the end of the year...
BTW, if any of you people are running the Micro Pro in 1/18th on 3s with or without ext bec, I'd like to talk to you.
I think that's it for now.
Pete


100% recycled electrons were used in this message.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#5)
hooppjs
RC-Monster Stock Maggot
 
hooppjs's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 68
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Sydney Australia
01.26.2013, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magman View Post
Sounds like you are having too much fun...IMO
Can't remember if I told you guys that I purchased the rehashed Blitzer Beetle?
I fed the beast 5700kv with the SV2, 2s.
Nephews 5 & 6. These guys will sit on a seesaw all day argueing who will push first. It is friggen hilarious. I shouldn't laugh, but it is. They have toy r/c cars and say they are the fastest thing on earth.
First Blitzer outing, they were both gobsmacked with the speed. Same with brother in laws. No idea about elec cars, offroad etc. Usual convo, how much? Leave them gobsmacked too.
I just think all those crap r/c cars from Kmart they have, could have been spent better now when they are getting really interested. Like a stock 1/10 Tamiya or something. Rant completed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	vw18.jpg
Views:	440
Size:	294.4 KB
ID:	10595  


100% recycled electrons were used in this message.

Last edited by hooppjs; 01.26.2013 at 10:40 PM. Reason: pic
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#6)
Thirdgen89GTA
You can sleep in a car, but you can't race a house
 
Thirdgen89GTA's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 311
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Buffalo Grove, IL
02.07.2013, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooppjs View Post
Can't remember if I told you guys that I purchased the rehashed Blitzer Beetle?
I fed the beast 5700kv with the SV2, 2s.
Nephews 5 & 6. These guys will sit on a seesaw all day argueing who will push first. It is friggen hilarious. I shouldn't laugh, but it is. They have toy r/c cars and say they are the fastest thing on earth.
First Blitzer outing, they were both gobsmacked with the speed. Same with brother in laws. No idea about elec cars, offroad etc. Usual convo, how much? Leave them gobsmacked too.
I just think all those crap r/c cars from Kmart they have, could have been spent better now when they are getting really interested. Like a stock 1/10 Tamiya or something. Rant completed.
That thing looks awesome from the back.

Tamiya has always made some very nice looking cars. But with some very cheaply designed suspension and material choices.

I still have a Tamiya Bearhawk.


  • 1989 Pontiac TransAm GTA, 5.7L LT1/M6 400rwhp+
    • Jammin X1 CRT Pro, MMM/1717, 6S
    • Hyper One Seven 1/7th scale GT car, MMM/1717, 6S
    • Hyper 10TT, MMP/1410, 3S
    • TL Mini 8ight, stock, 2S
  Send a message via AIM to Thirdgen89GTA  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#7)
hooppjs
RC-Monster Stock Maggot
 
hooppjs's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 68
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Sydney Australia
02.09.2013, 04:48 PM

Thanks.
Actually, one of the rear shocks broke. I replaced them all with 3Racing DF03 V2 dampers. Rear tyres were nearly bald after 3 runs on Grass!!! I'm trying dirt hawgs and dirt paws soon for a bit more milage?

Realistically, this model is a low end budget Tamiya and would happily run stock probably forever if well looked after. Things only started breaking when obscene brushless power was added. I'm pretty rough with it as the car is usually pinned full throttle or the nephews will say something like, 'is that it'?

Note - I'm still using the plastic hex's on rear wheels and they are fine. Same with gearbox, no wear. The gearbox is strong in this one (Darth).


100% recycled electrons were used in this message.
   
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



RC Monster




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com