Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > RC-Monster Area > General Discussion

Old
  (#31)
mac3194
RC JUNKIE!!!!

01.11.2011, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris3829 View Post
I bought all the part of fleaybay chop shops..so it cost me around 150. It took me about a month to gather all parts..I always tried to buy multiple items from one buyer to save on shipping..Funny im actually going to build another xxl for a buddy so build 2 is coming soon,just waiting on parts to come in...lol
OK thanks I will be doing that this summer were the TiNi parts the most expencive??

I like to go HIGH with my RCs!!!

Old
  (#32)
Bosox06
RC-Monster Stock

01.11.2011, 04:02 PM

I'm also looking on the bay smart way to build thank you

Old
  (#33)
chris3829

01.11.2011, 07:11 PM

Anyone run these?..I think there xtreme something something mud shields ..Got em on clearance from lhs for a buck..Im quite positive they should bolt the other way,but ahh good enough

Old
  (#34)
josh9mille
RC-Monster Aluminum

01.11.2011, 07:54 PM

Im not sure if those are mud "shields", but more of a mud scraper for the inside of the wheels. Pretty good idea actually.

Built Ford tough, with Chevy stuff.

Old
  (#35)
chris3829

01.24.2011, 09:00 PM

Sorry to bring up "older" threads,but some progress..I went w/the mmm combo again..some say overkill,some say perfect,,we'll see...So here she is all dressed up and no where to go.

My 1987 Sears soldering iron crapped finally...So i need a good soldering station,i was looking at the Hakkos and the team check point ones..What's the consensus on a good valued charger???..I wanna spend a buck maybe buck n half...Cheers

Old
  (#36)
Bondonutz
Fat Kid Engineering

01.24.2011, 09:28 PM

Lookin good !

The Hako 936 is a very popular and excellent station for around a $100.00 or less, seach the forum for threads on this topic. Lots of good reading availible on this.

Over powered a tick for the track, for bashing you'll be very happy.

I retired from RC, now life is all about guns and long range shooting.

ballooning
Old
  (#37)
anthony213

ballooning - 01.24.2011, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrKnow65 View Post
I would suggest (actually) that a good external BEC (battery eliminator circuit) will improve the speed/torque of your servo's, and taping tires is an art form (keeps the tires from ballooning).

Yah nattys work, but it was more of a welcoming jab :-)
i ran gorilla tape on the inside of my tires before gluing them up , 0 balloning whatsoever

Old
  (#38)
Bondonutz
Fat Kid Engineering

01.24.2011, 09:53 PM

Chris, You PM at LST Forum.

I bet AussieDutch loves your avatar

I retired from RC, now life is all about guns and long range shooting.

Hakko 936
Old
  (#39)
JERRY2KONE
JERRY2KONE SUPERMAXX

Hakko 936 - 01.25.2011, 12:12 AM

Go with the Hakko 936. You won't be disappointed. I picked one up two years ago on recommendations from others in here and I am really happy with the performance of it. Make sure that you acquire the right solder for the type of work you are planning on doing, and use a good flux paste to make sure that your solder joints are clean and without defects. Good luck with your choice.

SUPERMAXX YOUR LIFE.

Old
  (#40)
chris3829

01.25.2011, 07:55 PM

One quick question..I mounted the mmm2200 with the associated mount,but it looks to me like its sitting straight up on the chassis...Should i use that funky 2 sided tape under it? Or what do you guys use??..I searched really couldn't find an answer...

Oh JERRY2 I went w/the 936 It was right in the budget!!!..Thanks for the heads up guys....

Last edited by chris3829; 01.25.2011 at 07:58 PM.

Good to hear.
Old
  (#41)
JERRY2KONE
JERRY2KONE SUPERMAXX

Good to hear. - 01.25.2011, 08:06 PM

Quote:
One quick question..I mounted the mmm2200 with the associated mount,but it looks to me like its sitting straight up on the chassis...Should i use that funky 2 sided tape under it? Or what do you guys use??..I searched really couldn't find an answer...

Oh JERRY2 I went w/the 936 It was right in the budget!!!..Thanks for the heads up guys....
Good to hear. I am sure that you will be pleased once you get it setup and start using it for the first time. Please share your thoughts once you have gotten to use it. I also ordered a spare tip for the iron, but these tips are so heavy duty and tough that I think it will be quite some time before I ever get to use it. Great buy for the price.

SUPERMAXX YOUR LIFE.

Old
  (#42)
chris3829

01.25.2011, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERRY2KONE View Post
Good to hear. I am sure that you will be pleased once you get it setup and start using it for the first time. Please share your thoughts once you have gotten to use it. I also ordered a spare tip for the iron, but these tips are so heavy duty and tough that I think it will be quite some time before I ever get to use it. Great buy for the price.
Great buy indeed 89 bucks shipped...I never really soldered much nor liked to solder,but now i cant wait to solder something..LOL

Last edited by chris3829; 01.25.2011 at 08:10 PM.

Old
  (#43)
thzero
RC-Monster Aluminum

01.25.2011, 08:33 PM

I found the 2200kv castle didn't work with the associated kit myself. Switched to mikes kit.

Great fun
Old
  (#44)
JERRY2KONE
JERRY2KONE SUPERMAXX

Great fun - 01.25.2011, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Great buy indeed 89 bucks shipped...I never really soldered much nor liked to solder,but now i cant wait to solder something..LOL
I find that it is great fun once you get the procedure figured out. In most cases the best way is to flux and tin both the wires, and the object they are being soldered to using enough heat to make sure things fuse properly. Once everything is tinned, then it is pretty easy to fuse them altogehter. For small items I use one of those mag based soldering jigs to hold everything in place and it has a magnifying glass to help see what you are doing. This way you have both hands free to do the actual soldering. The Hakko soldering rigs heat up pretty fast also, which saves you time when you get in a hurry. Like anything you will get better with time and practice. Good luck with your new toy/tool.

SUPERMAXX YOUR LIFE.

Old
  (#45)
bryan
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

01.25.2011, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondonutz View Post
chris, you pm at lst forum.

I bet aussiedutch loves your avatar
raolmfao