RC-Monster Forums  
RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > RC-Monster Area > General Discussion

RANT: people that bring animals in the grocery store.
Old
  (#1)
josh9mille
RC-Monster Aluminum

RANT: people that bring animals in the grocery store. - 07.06.2011, 05:47 PM

Ok, so does anyone have a good reason why someone would take their DOG to the grocery store? walking the dog on a leash no less. This lady had her mutt on a leash in the store. I asked her if she had to bring her dog in the place where I buy my food, and she smiled and said she has a "service card". WTF does that mean? She was in no way blind. What "service" is this dog providing? I usually keep my cool about most things that piss me off, but 90% of the time when im shopping there is a lady and her dog in the store. I had enough today! Its gross and unsanitary! Ok, my rant is over now.

Built Ford tough, with Chevy stuff.

Old
  (#2)
Erevocanuck

07.06.2011, 08:22 PM

Service dogs can be trained to help people with epilepsy or narcolepsy and so on.

Last edited by Erevocanuck; 07.06.2011 at 08:24 PM.

Old
  (#3)
hootie7159
"1.21 GIGAWATTS!!!"

07.06.2011, 08:56 PM

As long as the dog isn't jumping all over people or sniffing/trying the eat all the produce or food I don't really see the problem....99% of the time, all "service" dogs are up to date on their shots/flea medication/and are very well trained...service doesn't necessarily mean they help blind people...they also help detect the early onset of seizures (as stated above) can remind their owners to take their medication (diabetes, asthma, etc...), can help
People with really bad anxiety, etc...etc...

Losi SCTE
MMP/1410 3800kv
2s 65C 5600mah proteks
Dx3s

Old
  (#4)
skellyo
RC-Monster Brushless

07.06.2011, 09:46 PM

I don't have a problem with a service dog anywhere, but people that bring damn little dogs in stores/restaurants in their purses should be slapped. You don't see me bringing my damn cats to Home Depot...leave your f'ing little dog at the house when you go out shopping.

Old
  (#5)
E-Revonut
RC-Monster RC8T

07.06.2011, 10:00 PM

If the dog really is a service dog, no matter what service the animal may provide, I have to say that there is nothing you can or should be doing, and that includes complaining about it. Service dogs aren't cheap and they are highly trained, most are smarter than alot of the people out there these days.

Maybe you need a service animal to help you with your anxiety over an animal being in a store, lol. Seriously, I bet the store asked for proof when she walked in with the animal or they have and now recognize her.

RC-Monster RC8T 1515 2.5D/MMM/5s RC-M 4500mah
SC10 MMPro 13.5T 2s NeuEnery 5000mah
RC18T Mamba 25/5400kv 2s lipo + 6s NiMh

Old
  (#6)
josh9mille
RC-Monster Aluminum

07.07.2011, 02:49 AM

its my understanding that service dogs all wear a harness, just like the dog in that video. All the "real" service dogs I have seen all wear a harness. These dogs I keep seeing in the grocery store are either pocket dogs, or some other kind of small dog that rides in the shopping cart. Today it was a weiner dog of some sort but it was on a leash. Again NOT a service dog. I never see men bringing dogs to the store, its always women. Just an obsevation, I am in no way a woman hater lol

Built Ford tough, with Chevy stuff.

Old
  (#7)
BIG-block

07.07.2011, 06:34 AM

I take my German Shepherd just about everywhere with me but not into the stores although I did think about putting on a pair of shades and fitting him with a harness. Thought I could get away pretending he is a guide dog but I think him jumping all over the place and me perving on ladies in tight clothing might give us away.

Seriously though, I do take him a lot of places but he is more than happy to sit tied up out side and wait for me to do my shopping. He also makes a lot of friends that way too.

I do understand that "Service dogs" are important to their owners and all that but I really think that a lot of people are rorting the system and just taking their everyday pet into places they shouldn't be. Also I believe sticking a dog in a purse should be a criminal offense. I know if I stuffed a puppy into a box I would probably be hauled away by the police for animal cruelty(not that I would anyway).

Old
  (#8)
Erevocanuck

07.07.2011, 02:43 PM

The person could be some sorta of trainer or caretaker of the animal.

Old
  (#9)
lincpimp
Check out my huge box!

07.07.2011, 04:31 PM

I like taunting those little purse dogs with food or a stuffed animal when the owner is looking the other way!!! If I can get them to start barking even better. Then the owner of the dog gets in trouble and has to leave. I really do not care about them, it just indicates the type of person they are and I steer clear. Sorta like emo kids, and strange old people, they usually dress or act a certain way and I know that I want nothing to do with them. If it was the old west they would have targets painted on them!!!

Old
  (#10)
scarletboa
RC-Monster Aluminum

07.08.2011, 12:53 AM

i've seen people walking their pet dogs in walmart a few times, but as long as they are not too close to any food, leaving their waste behind, or bothering people, i really don't mind. i just don't want to step in shit at the grocery store or see a dog hiking it's leg on the fresh produce

also, it does depend a lot on which store or other establishment they are in. for example, it would really irritate me if i saw a dog at olive garden or chili's, but dogs in petco (obviously) or game stop wouldn't bother me a bit

edit: any dog that barks excessively bugs me, but in a store, it would make me want to kick that dog in the face.

They say a good mechanic only needs 2 tools - WD40 & Duct tape. If it moves, and its not supposed to, duct tape. If it doesn't move, and its supposed to, WD40.

Last edited by scarletboa; 07.08.2011 at 12:56 AM.

Old
  (#11)
Finnster
KillaHurtz

07.08.2011, 01:04 AM

WTH? Where do you live that people are just bringing their dogs into the store? I've never seen that before.
Service dogs are one thing, but pets are disgusting. Children are barely civilized enough to bring into public, let alone some twit's furry fashion accessory.

Old
  (#12)
TexasSP
Something, anything, nothing

07.08.2011, 10:47 AM

I don't see the dogs much, maybe the toy ones are just hidden. However, lately I have been seeing more and more large birds out in public. Talk about a nasty animal. The crap everywhere, and then sleep, walk, etc through it. They stink as well. My business partner has one and has to clean up after it constantly, worse than his kid. Plus, his house stinks like bird now. My wife an I had one for a short time when we were first married. It got old quick and it found a new home with a coworker.

Service dogs are one thing but people need to keep there other dogs at home. People don't seem to understand that not everyone sees their dog as they do. What is really nasty to me are the ones that let the dogs sleep in bed with them.

www.cubicle101.com
A friends comic strip website.

Old
  (#13)
Krawlin
Got brushless?

07.08.2011, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSP View Post
However, lately I have been seeing more and more large birds out in public.

Well there's the problem!

Last edited by Krawlin; 07.08.2011 at 10:46 PM.
  Send a message via Yahoo to Krawlin Send a message via AIM to Krawlin Send a message via MSN to Krawlin