RC-Monster Forums  
RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > RC-Monster Area > General Discussion

ride tv? ride share? free stuff
Old
  (#1)
_paralyzed_
working on a brushless for my wheelchair.....

ride tv? ride share? free stuff - 04.03.2008, 04:08 AM

A while back someone posted a legit site that gave you points for watching vids and you could buy real stuff with the points acquired. Anybody remember it? I tried the search and got nothing. While I'm on bedrest I might as well earn points!

It's "Dr. _paralyzed_" actually. Not like with a PhD, but Doctor like in Dr. Pepper.

what???
Old
  (#2)
JERRY2KONE
JERRY2KONE SUPERMAXX

what??? - 04.03.2008, 04:50 AM

YOUR ON BEDREST? Are you ok P? We sure hope that you recover quickly. What will lincpimp do without your quick witt if you are out of wack for a while? Someone has to kick him in the rear at least once a day to keep him in his cage. Anyway hope you are ok, and sorry I cannot help with your quest. I slightly remember something like that, but not enough to do you any good in your search. Get well old man.

Old
  (#3)
_paralyzed_

04.03.2008, 08:18 AM

eh, life of a quadriplegic, I'm okay, just gotta stay off me bum for awhile, which for me means bedrest. thanks for the kind words. back to the thread- was it go ridetv? I'll go back to googling for awhile

It's "Dr. _paralyzed_" actually. Not like with a PhD, but Doctor like in Dr. Pepper.

Old
  (#4)
_paralyzed_

04.03.2008, 12:16 PM

anybody???

Old
  (#5)
Arct1k
RC-Monster Mod

04.03.2008, 12:51 PM

It died i think...

flixya.blogspot.com/

Old
  (#6)
Fast5sRevo88

04.03.2008, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _paralyzed_ View Post
eh, life of a quadriplegic, I'm okay, just gotta stay off me bum for awhile, which for me means bedrest. thanks for the kind words. back to the thread- was it go ridetv? I'll go back to googling for awhile
I didn't know u were in a wheelchair, I'm also permanently in a wheelchair from a muscle disease that i have. I too am trying to figure a brushless wheelchair.

Old
  (#7)
nieles
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

04.03.2008, 02:12 PM

is this the site you are looking for?

www.webridestv.com
  Send a message via MSN to nieles  
Old
  (#8)
_paralyzed_

04.03.2008, 04:34 PM

nieles- you are the *$#@ing man! thats it, thank you

Old
  (#9)
rchippie
RC-Monster Brushless

04.03.2008, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERRY2KONE View Post
YOUR ON BEDREST? Are you ok P? We sure hope that you recover quickly. What will lincpimp do without your quick witt if you are out of wack for a while? Someone has to kick him in the rear at least once a day to keep him in his cage. Anyway hope you are ok, and sorry I cannot help with your quest. I slightly remember something like that, but not enough to do you any good in your search. Get well old man.
Lincpimp will play with his butler monkey .

REAL MEN RUN BRUSHLESS

Old
  (#10)
JerryF504
I don't understand, but I don't think I like it.

04.04.2008, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast5sRevo88 View Post
I didn't know u were in a wheelchair, I'm also permanently in a wheelchair from a muscle disease that i have. I too am trying to figure a brushless wheelchair.
Unfortunately, I'm in this club too. It sucks!!

Old
  (#11)
kulangflow
Never Fast Enough

04.04.2008, 12:03 PM

I'm in the process of buying my 2 year old son's first wheelchair. I had no idea they cost this much. I might actually have to sell a bunch of my R/C collection to pay for it. I, too, have thought about making it brushless eventually.

So, paralyzed, if you don't mind me asking, how do you go about controlling and building your R/C stuff as a quadriplegic? I thought that quadriplegic meant you have no control of your arms and legs. Were you able to figure out another way to do it somehow? I'm really interested, but don't feel like you need to answer if it's too personal.

Thanks.

Old
  (#12)
_paralyzed_

04.04.2008, 06:16 PM

alot of people think that. The body is divided into four quadrants splitting at the waist and down the middle of the body. I have no control from my nipples down, so the upper quadrants have been affected, making me a quadriplegic. a para is waist down. I'm very fortunate to have good use of my arms and hands. I was paralyzed neck down for 3 months after my accident. I've had to relearn how to use my arms, and I can't feel them. I can feel hot and cold, but not touch, it's weird. I can't eat chips froma bag because I can't see them or feel them . As long as I pour them out and can see them I'm fine.

Last edited by _paralyzed_; 04.04.2008 at 06:17 PM.

Old
  (#13)
kulangflow
Never Fast Enough

04.04.2008, 06:34 PM

It's very cool that you were able to learn to re-use your arms. You appear to be in good spirits too. You are a good example to many.

My son will probably never have control over his body, but his condition is a brain malformation. Fortunately for him, he's never known any different so he's the happiest kid you'll ever hope to meet, regardless of whatever typical things he can't do.

I'm pretty fond of him.

Old
  (#14)
JerryF504
I don't understand, but I don't think I like it.

04.04.2008, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _paralyzed_ View Post
alot of people think that. The body is divided into four quadrants splitting at the waist and down the middle of the body. I have no control from my nipples down, so the upper quadrants have been affected, making me a quadriplegic. a para is waist down. I'm very fortunate to have good use of my arms and hands. I was paralyzed neck down for 3 months after my accident. I've had to relearn how to use my arms, and I can't feel them. I can feel hot and cold, but not touch, it's weird. I can't eat chips froma bag because I can't see them or feel them . As long as I pour them out and can see them I'm fine.
I'm a para and have no sensation or movement from my nipples down (except for spasms I can't control).

Old
  (#15)
supralover72
RC-Monster Aluminum

04.04.2008, 08:40 PM

I love you all, this is the best website ever!

"i was dancing like crazy while watching the vid too. i couldn't help it... the music commanded it" - ClodMaxx