RC-Monster Forums  
RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Questions and Answers > Pre Sales Questions

Motor Mount for 1/7th HB Lightning??
Old
  (#1)
Duster_360

Motor Mount for 1/7th HB Lightning?? - 09.22.2007, 09:56 PM

Does anyone know if the HB LSP motor mount will work with the HB 1/7th scale onroad Lightning? They share the chassis and other parts, but the Lightning uses a two speed center gearbox instead of a center diff? The Lightning's center gearbox appears to use the same diff bulks as the LSP.

Not sure how you'd get two pinions mounted on a elec motor though, but you may not need the two speed due to difference in elec vs nitro anyway. Just curious, thanks!

Old
  (#2)
lincpimp
Check out my huge box!

09.22.2007, 10:12 PM

I have the 1/7 scale lightning too. i also have a lsp with the mount in it. I am sure that you could repalce the 2 speed and put a center diff or ctr spur. I will take a look at the mount patterns and spacing and let you know. I think i will keep my 1/7 lightning nitro, it is kind of fun that way. everything else is electric though.

Old
  (#3)
Duster_360

09.22.2007, 11:05 PM

Thanks - that would be great to know if it fits. That thing would be awesome with a kick butt elec setup in it!

The biggest reason I'm interested is the noise - places where I run it, I wind up getting chased off due to the noise. What I don't know is if that's the real reason or just the excuse. It is def one of the most fun rcs I own and its a shame not to have a reliable place to run it. Somewhere I know I'll be able to at least finish the tank off before I get asked to leave.

My B'day is coming up soon and my present (rumor) is going to be another onroad - my 1st Kyosho, their 1/8th Inferno based F430GT Ferrai rtr, so I will have some added incentive to keep exploring for a good place (parking lot) to run.

Old
  (#4)
lincpimp
Check out my huge box!

09.23.2007, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duster_360 View Post
Thanks - that would be great to know if it fits. That thing would be awesome with a kick butt elec setup in it!

The biggest reason I'm interested is the noise - places where I run it, I wind up getting chased off due to the noise. What I don't know is if that's the real reason or just the excuse. It is def one of the most fun rcs I own and its a shame not to have a reliable place to run it. Somewhere I know I'll be able to at least finish the tank off before I get asked to leave.

My B'day is coming up soon and my present (rumor) is going to be another onroad - my 1st Kyosho, their 1/8th Inferno based F430GT Ferrai rtr, so I will have some added incentive to keep exploring for a good place (parking lot) to run.
The body on that kyosho looks sooooooo cool, very well decaled too!

Just checked with my micrometer. The bolt spacing to mount the bulks to the chassis is the same on both the street and the lsp. I am sure that the bearing size is the same. Both are assembled so I cannot be sure. Would you be running the stock 2speed or go with a ctr diff? I see no need for the 2 speed, electric has plenty of power and the street's stock gearing only gets to a radar verified 45mph.

Old
  (#5)
Duster_360

09.23.2007, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lincpimp View Post
The body on that kyosho looks sooooooo cool, very well decaled too!

Just checked with my micrometer. The bolt spacing to mount the bulks to the chassis is the same on both the street and the lsp. I am sure that the bearing size is the same. Both are assembled so I cannot be sure. Would you be running the stock 2speed or go with a ctr diff? I see no need for the 2 speed, electric has plenty of power and the street's stock gearing only gets to a radar verified 45mph.
Center diff, that was my take on it also - no need for the 2 speed. Thanks for measuring that, I'll be picking up the mount this week for that project. Work is supposed to slow way down and I'm going to have some time finally to catch up on some of my rc work thats just been sitting. Thats the downside to being a consultant - you work when clients need things done.

Part of the reason for the Kyosho rtr - time - just pick it up and go play, no tinkering or fiddling needed!

Last edited by Duster_360; 09.23.2007 at 12:09 PM.

Old
  (#6)
Serum
RC-Monster Admin

09.24.2007, 07:59 AM

Quote:
HB 1/7th scale onroad Lightning
got pics? can't find her on the internet nor on their site?

Old
  (#7)
nieles
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

09.24.2007, 08:02 AM

http://www.hotbodiesonline.net/light_street.html

http://www.hpiracing.co.jp/contents_...et/index2.html

Last edited by nieles; 09.24.2007 at 08:04 AM.
  Send a message via MSN to nieles  
Old
  (#8)
Duster_360

09.24.2007, 08:08 AM

Thats the one...

This was a heck of a deal, these were originally sold at either $749 or $649 and with their disappointing popularity, the price plummeted. I bought mine from Stormer Hobbies for $299. I was a little worried about parts, but it shares a lot of pieces with the LSP. Tires are my main worry now and as long as there's a 1/7th onroad out there (Ofna's for example), I can find tires. Besides, stock ones so far seem to be wearing pretty well anyway.

nieles - thanks for those links, thats more than I've been able to find.

Last edited by Duster_360; 09.24.2007 at 08:12 AM.

Old
  (#9)
Serum
RC-Monster Admin

09.24.2007, 08:15 AM

Nice!

Are you able to shoot some pics of the diff and measure the distance of the holes on the bottom and the height of the 16mm bearing?