RC-Monster Forums  
RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > RC-Monster Area > General Discussion

Those other batteries...
Old
  (#1)
_paralyzed_
working on a brushless for my wheelchair.....

Those other batteries... - 01.14.2013, 09:27 PM

I just saw someone post on another forum "If you've got the money, go (flame sticker) batteries". They used the brand name, but I don't want this thread to get closed

Of course I don't want fellow hobbyists to waste their money on flame sticker batteries. But my word sometimes isn't enough to dissuade them.

I know there are youtube videos of comparisons, and forum threads of actual discharge graphs, and other informational threads out there that can prove my point for me.

Please PM me links to videos, links to graphs, links to threads that show what a good battery actually is, and how flame sticker batteries actually perform.

I'm trying to compile indisputable proof so I can help fellow hobbyists make a better informed decision.

I say to PM me and am using the term "flame sticker" so this thread doesn't get closed. If it turns into a bashing thread it will be closed and deleted.

Help me help others, and happy r/c-ing.

It's "Dr. _paralyzed_" actually. Not like with a PhD, but Doctor like in Dr. Pepper.

Old
  (#2)
brainanator
RC-Monster Aluminum

01.14.2013, 10:12 PM

Here is a random thread I found on this site. Probably related to what you're looking for. Just a link to a link to an unbiased objective and subjective review, with discharge curves.

But in my experience Harold, you're wasting your time. But good luck trying to dish out some education!

edit: opps, didn't PM ya, saw that too late. The original thread didn't get closed so this one is probably good too. (I didn't do any flaming in my post, so don't blame me).

OFNA Jammin CRT.5e, Savage Flux HP, MBX5Te, SCX10, Multirotors, foam planes

Last edited by brainanator; 01.14.2013 at 10:13 PM.
  Send a message via Yahoo to brainanator Send a message via MSN to brainanator  
Old
  (#3)
_paralyzed_

01.15.2013, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainanator View Post
Here is a random thread I found on this site. Probably related to what you're looking for. Just a link to a link to an unbiased objective and subjective review, with discharge curves.

But in my experience Harold, you're wasting your time. But good luck trying to dish out some education!

edit: opps, didn't PM ya, saw that too late. The original thread didn't get closed so this one is probably good too. (I didn't do any flaming in my post, so don't blame me).
No worries. Thanks for the link.

It's "Dr. _paralyzed_" actually. Not like with a PhD, but Doctor like in Dr. Pepper.

Unfortunately
Old
  (#4)
JERRY2KONE
JERRY2KONE SUPERMAXX

Unfortunately - 01.15.2013, 12:49 AM

Yea unfortunately no matter how many times or how much info we provide people are still going to believe the advertised hype and buy what LOOK GOOD to them at the time. We all know how addictive this hobby can be and acquiring our Lipos is part of that issue. Plus a lot of people just try to purchase from a USA company thinking that they are supporting our economy by doing so. Unfortunately we know that even their cells come from China, and are really no better than anyone elses cells. So the custom stickers make them look like a good choice because they look flashier and prettier than the rest. Even after all of the requests that we have made of their sales executive to provide proven specs to show what their hype was about for more than three years now they still have not done so, and I doubt that they ever will. Those of us who have been in this hobby for a while no better and spend our money wisely. I to wish you luck trying to convince the masses of your opinion, but flame stickers are easy to get and appear to be an American product.

SUPERMAXX YOUR LIFE.

Old
  (#5)
_paralyzed_

01.15.2013, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERRY2KONE View Post
Yea unfortunately no matter how many times or how much info we provide people are still going to believe the advertised hype and buy what LOOK GOOD to them at the time. We all know how addictive this hobby can be and acquiring our Lipos is part of that issue. Plus a lot of people just try to purchase from a USA company thinking that they are supporting our economy by doing so. Unfortunately we know that even their cells come from China, and are really no better than anyone elses cells. So the custom stickers make them look like a good choice because they look flashier and prettier than the rest. Even after all of the requests that we have made of their sales executive to provide proven specs to show what their hype was about for more than three years now they still have not done so, and I doubt that they ever will. Those of us who have been in this hobby for a while no better and spend our money wisely. I to wish you luck trying to convince the masses of your opinion, but flame stickers are easy to get and appear to be an American product.
It just bugs me. I've actually looked into suing them for false advertising, but I would have to purchase one of their batteries and be hurt by it in some way to have a suit.

R/C is literally all I do with my time. That and sleep a lot.

Maybe I just need to think about other things.

Dont go changin
Old
  (#6)
JERRY2KONE
JERRY2KONE SUPERMAXX

Dont go changin - 01.15.2013, 02:43 AM

Hey Harold don't go changin on us. I am happy to see you around here when I pop in to catch up on things. Maybe just try to ignore anything about flaming stickers unless someone calls out for advice. Otherwise things will pretty much take care of themselves in the long run. Your posts and opinions are valued and much appreciated. And what do you mean you only have this hobby? I just saw that hot rod your driving around in with the custom sticker of your own on the back. Your stylin dude. Plus we all know that chicks dig a guy who drives a party van. You should get your own identical flame stickers (minus the namebrand) blown up for the sides of your van, and put something that shows a big steaming pile of crap for power output, and maybe the devil for the face of the product. That would get the word out.

SUPERMAXX YOUR LIFE.

Old
  (#7)
_paralyzed_

01.15.2013, 04:55 AM

I like the way you think Jerry!

Old
  (#8)
lincpimp
Check out my huge box!

01.15.2013, 10:01 AM

Yeah, this hobby is a "buyer beware" situation, pretty much like anything else. If people do not do research and just go with what they are told they will get what they deserve. Maybe just shoot them a link to hobbypartz and tell them that the lipos are just as good and a fraction of the price. That may spur them to do a little research.

Last time you "though about other things" you ended up smashed in a gutter wearing a ball gown and copious amounts of lipstick. I know hippie had a good time but you really need to think about your dignity Harold. You are not getting any younger and your chances of getting a party nomination for pres really hinge on how you carry yourself in everyday life.

Old
  (#9)
Arct1k
RC-Monster Mod

01.15.2013, 12:26 PM

That could be interesting - A class action suit against maxamps for false advertising...

If I remember correctly Patrick had one threatened a long time back because of "made in America" advertising on the ESC's when of course some of the components came from overseas.

Old
  (#10)
suicideneil
They've been naughty boys, havent they Mr. Flibble

01.15.2013, 03:43 PM

http://www.rc-monster.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22566

http://www.rc-monster.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28314

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_97..._1/key_/tm.htm

http://www.rc-monster.com/forum/show...t=27047&page=2 ( sadly rcBros forum is down, but I quoted the relevant post at the time ).

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/elect...-trickery.html

The trail of deceit & false ratings / claims of performance goes back years....
  Send a message via MSN to suicideneil  
Old
  (#11)
_paralyzed_

01.15.2013, 07:09 PM

Thanks Neil!