RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > Crawlers/Scale Vehicles

The Honch, with a few extra goodies
Old
  (#1)
Slowkrawl
High-Voltage Fetish

The Honch, with a few extra goodies - 01.09.2010, 07:27 PM

Well a couple weeks ago I picked up the new axial honcho. I already have a couple build threads going but will try to copy and paste as much as I can!

Mmmm mrs. december how I enjoy you.

Got myself a helluva mess of plastic here.

Well, I picked up a night vision system for the truck to get it bumpin in the dark, pretty excited to get that up and rockin. Have a JR z9100t servo that put out 370 o.z. of torque at 6.0v to make sure it can turn, and I also have a HH torquemaster esc and motor in the works to get it a' movin down the trail! Also picked up some rok lox as M2 flatirons are well...For looks and even then the rok lox have them beat.

I did pick up some chain to make chains for the stock wheels and tires, and I am getting some RC4WD wheels to put the rok lox on.

Looking forward to the build, been waiting for a while to get another crawler.

Night vision system, I am excited to get this hooked up as it should look pretty cool in the dark!

Tire comparison

Old
  (#2)
Slowkrawl
High-Voltage Fetish

01.09.2010, 07:28 PM

Well I ran into a problem with the rc4wd wheels, it seems like the pin slot is too deep so it just crams the hub into the axle and then the wheel won't even move. E-mailed rc4wd already, I will get that dealt with.

But I did get the stock wheels and tires put together, along with starting to make some chains. I wasn't sure how they were going to look or work, but they don't look too bad to me anyways.

Thanks to ecoli I should be up and running sometime this week as he offered me an esc.

Less talk, more pics.

Well my beadlock fetish got the best of me and a set of these are on their way into the mill:

Won't see them for another month or so but I have time!

Last edited by Slowkrawl; 01.09.2010 at 07:31 PM.

Old
  (#3)
Slowkrawl
High-Voltage Fetish

01.09.2010, 07:31 PM

Well I put my headphones on and went to town in the garage...

This took me about 2 hours:blink: to build but the 2nd one should go a little bit quicker. Little rusty on the brazing, but I'm havin' fun and if I don't say so myself it didn't turn out half bad.

Well I was in the garage again today. Got the rock sliders on, I think they turned out alright. Got a start on the tube bed, which is meeehhh some things I don't like about it, but it's not a shelf queen. Hoping to finish up the tube bed tomorrow, the plan is to make the top removable so I can get the lexan bed in and out but we will see how that goes down.

Old
  (#4)
skellyo
RC-Monster Brushless

01.09.2010, 07:52 PM

The chains look a little big for scale, but the rest of what you're doing looks killer.

I still need to get started on my Honcho. I've got one sitting in the box here, but haven't had the chance to start it...partially not wanting to because I'm still buying parts for it.

Old
  (#5)
Slowkrawl
High-Voltage Fetish

01.09.2010, 08:22 PM

The chains weren't really supposed to be scale, but you gotta' have something on the tires in the snow! The mayhem eng wheels with the rok lox on them will be the "nice scale" set of wheels.

Old
  (#6)
Slowkrawl
High-Voltage Fetish

01.09.2010, 08:40 PM

Things were goin good till I screwed up one of the "side rails". It's supposed to be about 1/4" higher to meet the bed, soo I shut it down for the day. I might just go buy an xbox 360 and game all friggin night...

The rear is going to have a slight dovetail to it once the bed is all trimmed.