RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > Castle Creations

Old
  (#31)
shaunjohnson
i pwn nitro

02.19.2009, 03:48 PM

try the best of both worlds...
maby provisions for an optional hall sencor and magnet could be built into the ESC.
this would allow the ABS part of it to know weather the wheels were locked or not.

this is getting complicated..that's bad

ABS should be fesable above the start up algorithm.
so once the motor has completed start up phase (motor sound changes to higher pitch) then this point the ESC is gathering info from the motor on the unused phase.
the ESC can use this data in the ABS braking.

so final outcome would be...
ABS at high to medium speeds (where it's needed most..you dont wanna be doing speed runs and lock em up when braking)
and back to normal style when it gets down below the secoring RPM.

sound fesable?

E-revo 3.3 conversion, 249kv outrunner, 6s, MMM
the porthole from the noob world an here has been opened!! that's how i got in.
  Send a message via MSN to shaunjohnson  
Old
  (#32)
drkdgglr

02.19.2009, 05:27 PM

Don't know if this is just firmware or would require hadware updates:
The mmm has an onboard temp.monitor to protect from overheating? It would be nice to be able to plug the mmm into an eagletree data logger or the dx3s receiver (maybe via servo y cable) to be able to monitor/review temps. Same thing goes for reading rpm's.

These things can already be done with the datalogger/dx3s, but it would somehow simplify setting up for temp&rpm.monitoring.

Old
  (#33)
EricN

02.19.2009, 05:51 PM

Doubt it is possible without a hardware change but an adjustable bec output would be cool. Even if it was a simple micro screwdriver on a pot that could vary from 5.5 up to 7 volts. I liked overvolting my servo a little bit, 6volts is a bit slow.

Old
  (#34)
JThiessen
RC-Monster Brushless

02.19.2009, 07:44 PM

I love the idea of cell programming - even if were on a limited scale.

Losi 8T 1.0, Savage Flux - XL style, LST XXL, Muggy, 3.3 E-Revo Conversion and sitting outside 425hp, 831 Tq Dodge Ram Turbo Diesel. It SMOKES

Old
  (#35)
Sammus
RC-Monster Titanium

02.19.2009, 08:01 PM

Why does everyone always go on about a portable programmer? I use my Tx to make simple adjustments in the field if I have to.

Is it possible to have RPM limiting? would it be any use? maybe it could be used to run a high kv motor on high voltage.. then again, you could just buy a lower kv motor haha.

Old
  (#36)
BTallack

02.20.2009, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammus View Post
Why does everyone always go on about a portable programmer? I use my Tx to make simple adjustments in the field if I have to.
Sometimes there's things you want to change that the Tx can't do. For example say you're switching from LiPos to NiMHs and need to turn off the LiPo cutoff. This may be more useful for say the Mamba Max than the Mamba Monster, but it would still be a nice feature to have. I run both LiPos and NiMHs on my MM powered Losi XXX-S and it's a pain to have plug in to my laptop to turn off the LiPo cut off to switch to NiMHbatteries, or I have to risk running LiPos without a cut off.

A programming card similar to the ones that Losi Xcelorin systems come with would be perfect in my opinion. Simple jumper based system.

Old
  (#37)
Sammus
RC-Monster Titanium

02.20.2009, 07:07 PM

Check out p25 of Drivers ed, you can switch the lipo cut off from None to 5V to 6V to 9V to 12V. I'm not sure how this works with the Moster (no 5 or 6s options...)

I mean don't get me wrong, a field programmer would be good, but the only thing you really need the computer for is to adjust throttle/brake curves or to set custom values for settings which allow it.

Last edited by Sammus; 02.20.2009 at 07:09 PM.

Old
  (#38)
Jabe
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

02.22.2009, 10:26 AM

Id like to see option.
Disable switch, so you dont have to worry about switch braking, so you could bypass it, its pain in the ass, when your racing on track and switch decides to go OFF.

New Firmware V3.16
Old
  (#39)
redshift
RC-Monster Square Tube

New Firmware V3.16 - 08.04.2009, 01:07 AM

I just flashed my MM, I didn't notice any obvious new features.

I'm just wondering what's new with this update?

...won't be able to try it out until tomorrow.

Old
  (#40)
revo guy
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

08.04.2009, 01:21 AM

From the CC site

Added release version of firmware for Phoenix-ICE controllers
Added release version of firmware for Mamba Max Pro controllers
Many changes to the Graph-Viewer application used by data-logging controllers

Old
  (#41)
brushlessboy16
Im not dark, Im over ripened! xD

08.04.2009, 10:35 AM

After talking with castle I found that once they get the MMP up and moving, they plan on incorporating the Data logging feature into there other esc's like the MMM

thats gonna be a nice feature :)

Benjamin White
R/c Monster Team Driver
Jq the car, LST, Sportweks turmoil pro
Unconventional Techniques, Superior Results
  Send a message via Yahoo to brushlessboy16 Send a message via AIM to brushlessboy16 Send a message via MSN to brushlessboy16 Send a message via Skype™ to brushlessboy16 
Old
  (#42)
Sammus
RC-Monster Titanium

08.04.2009, 10:58 AM

Yeah, you'd think if theyre planning to incorporate it into car escs in the future itd be in the upcoming MMP, patrick says it isnt though in this post.

Old
  (#43)
Finnster
KillaHurtz

08.04.2009, 11:54 AM

I haven't read the whole thread, but I would be contented if you could adjust the auto-lipo LVC. Say I always want the cutoff to be 3.3V/cell, but use 4S and 5S batts. Nice to be able to easily switch between the two and retain conservative LVC settings.

Also, a tolerance adjustment to the LVC. You can drop below the lvc under certain situations. Would be nice to be able to enforce a higher or lower tolerance to the LVC alarms.

Old
  (#44)
BrianG
RC-Monster Admin

08.04.2009, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnster View Post
I haven't read the whole thread, but I would be contented if you could adjust the auto-lipo LVC. Say I always want the cutoff to be 3.3V/cell, but use 4S and 5S batts. Nice to be able to easily switch between the two and retain conservative LVC settings....
Um, that's already been done.
  Send a message via Yahoo to BrianG Send a message via MSN to BrianG  
Old
  (#45)
Foxracin

08.04.2009, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnster View Post
I haven't read the whole thread, but I would be contented if you could adjust the auto-lipo LVC. Say I always want the cutoff to be 3.3V/cell, but use 4S and 5S batts. Nice to be able to easily switch between the two and retain conservative LVC settings.
You can do that now. They came out with a Firmware update back in May and it has that feature for all the Mamba's, and the Sidewinder and probably all the ESC's. It is v1.21.