RC-Monster Forums  
RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > Castle Creations

Old
  (#61)
J57ltr
RC-Monster Aluminum

09.14.2009, 09:48 PM

I know it's been mentioned before but auto LiFe settings. I change cell count, motors and gearing depending on what I am doing at the time. I can set Custom, but I have to have the laptop with me to change cell count.

Maybe Auto Lipo and Auto LiFe in the same window, defaulted to auto Lipo.

Thanks

Jeff

The Warnings & Cautions discussed in this manual cant cover all possible conditions/situations. It must be understood that common sense and caution are factors which cant be built into this product.

Old
  (#62)
Cartwheels

10.11.2009, 01:00 AM

I don't know if it has been mentioned, but it would be great if the user could increase the amount of time delay before the ESC's goes into to reverse. The way it is now on my speed machines I always have to disable reverse because sometimes bad things happen. On a long breaking skid you can unitentionally go into reverse.

And of course, you are always stuck and need reverse when your car is 1/4 mile away!!!

Old
  (#63)
Pdelcast
RC-Monster Titanium

10.11.2009, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartwheels View Post
I don't know if it has been mentioned, but it would be great if the user could increase the amount of time delay before the ESC's goes into to reverse. The way it is now on my speed machines I always have to disable reverse because sometimes bad things happen. On a long breaking skid you can unitentionally go into reverse.

And of course, you are always stuck and need reverse when your car is 1/4 mile away!!!
Cartwheels - - you can set the brake lockout time on the Mamba right now. To go into reverse, you must set the throttle at neutral, and wait until the lockout time is complete.

This way, you can't unintentionally go into reverse.

Patrick

Patrick del Castillo
President, Principle Engineer
Castle Creations

Old
  (#64)
Cartwheels

10.12.2009, 12:53 AM

Thats great!!! But I'm not sure I understand how to do this. Are saying leave the the throttle at neutral during calibration?

Old
  (#65)
Freezebyte

10.12.2009, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartwheels View Post
Thats great!!! But I'm not sure I understand how to do this. Are saying leave the the throttle at neutral during calibration?
He stating that you can set how long the motor/ESC will wait before it allows you go in reverse. You DO NOT want to throw a forward moving brushless vehicle into immediate reverse or it will not be pretty. In my Flux's case, my ESC is set so it will not allow me to reverse until the truck has come to a complete stop for at least 1 second before engaging reverse

Old
  (#66)
Cartwheels

10.12.2009, 03:32 PM

Yes, but how do you increase the time delay?

Old
  (#67)
shaunjohnson
i pwn nitro

10.12.2009, 04:30 PM

breaks from going from reverse to forward would be nice too.
sometimes i run around doing reverse nuts and want to stop, but if i try the throttle it locks the motor and must put large strain on the ESC.
it has gotten better with the last beta firmware you released, i'll install the 3.18 and see if you havent already done it

E-revo 3.3 conversion, 249kv outrunner, 6s, MMM
the porthole from the noob world an here has been opened!! that's how i got in.
  Send a message via MSN to shaunjohnson  
Old
  (#68)
mikey09120
RC-Monster Stainless Steel

10.12.2009, 07:07 PM

proportional brakes while in reverse please :D
should be easy enough

-mikey09120

Old
  (#69)
shaunjohnson
i pwn nitro

10.13.2009, 04:21 AM

might be harder than you think...
if you use breaks in reverse then it makes it hard to pull the so cool looking J turns.

BUT, if the breaks are applied and then released while the car is still rolling, then the ESC can pick up the motor movement and then go forward again.
this is the only way i can see that it will work.

E-revo 3.3 conversion, 249kv outrunner, 6s, MMM
the porthole from the noob world an here has been opened!! that's how i got in.
  Send a message via MSN to shaunjohnson  
Old
  (#70)
georgec
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

10.28.2009, 05:44 PM

Program card with progressive punch control

Old
  (#71)
simplechamp
RC-Monster Titanium

03.29.2010, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdelcast View Post
Adjustable fan turn-on temp is a good idea. I'll put that in the schedule for the next Mamba firmware release. We'll just make it so that the default temp is the HIGHEST temp allowed, and allow the user to set a lower trip temperature.
Any update on if/when this will be added to the firmware features? I'd love to be able to set the fan to 130-140F for a little extra piece of mind!

Old
  (#72)
Stoomstrijkijze
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

04.15.2010, 05:45 PM

A current limiter would be nice for wet/very low grip tracks like the Tekin system has. Something that doesn't mess with the throttle like punch control does.

Old
  (#73)
BrianG
RC-Monster Admin

04.15.2010, 06:20 PM

Does the Tekin actually limit current, or is it really like punch control, just with a different name? To limit current spikes, I would think you'd have to slow down the throttle rate of change to give the motor rpm time to "catch up" to the applied voltage (basically integration), and this is what punch control is.
  Send a message via Yahoo to BrianG Send a message via MSN to BrianG  
Old
  (#74)
Stoomstrijkijze
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

04.15.2010, 06:48 PM

I don't own a Teken system myself, but a mate does and he uses the current limiter when he's running on wet tracks. I should figure it out some time.

I'm now running a Castle 2200kv combo in my 8ight and I have too much power when acceleration on lose dirt.
We're racing under a brige and it never rains there, so the ground is very lose.
Would it be better to set my timing at 0 and increase a teeth on my pinion to loose some torque? Cause there's just way too much wheelspin.
Punch control is a nice feature, but I don't like when there are jumps. It's harder to control the car over jumps/in the air with punch control :(

EDIT: This is a quote that I found on Rctech, so yes, it seems like a real current limiter. I think that would be a very nice feature on the Mamba Monsters!

Quote:
I had the same issue with punch control. Worked great for controlling wheel spin but took away all the ability to control the car in the air. I could never bring the front end back up if I was too far nose down! I had to move it back to zero.

With that said, Tekin does have a current limiter on their rx8 that works very well especially if you have overly punch lipos. For instance, my car works well with a pair of 5s 3300 rated at 30c. However, I have a 5s 4000 rated at 40c that I use for mains. The 40c pack is significantly more punchy than my 30c packs and screws up my timing on the track. The Tekin current limiter will make the 40c pack feel exactly like my 30c packs

Last edited by Stoomstrijkijze; 04.15.2010 at 07:12 PM.

Old
  (#75)
Freezebyte

08.04.2010, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdelcast View Post
All good suggestions.

Adjustable fan turn-on temp is a good idea. I'll put that in the schedule for the next Mamba firmware release. We'll just make it so that the default temp is the HIGHEST temp allowed, and allow the user to set a lower trip temperature.

Any update on this? Nothing wrong with keeping that Mamba cooler I love fans unlike "some" people

Last edited by Freezebyte; 08.04.2010 at 06:38 PM.