Old
  (#46)
Kirkinsb
Brushless All The Way!

09.14.2011, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw View Post
I can't get it why people can't wait.
It is great Castle does "offer" the Service Advisories" and don't let there customer "wait" until the product does burn....

Thanks Castle !
Outlaw...here is why guys are a bit "put-off". We were led to believe it would be a quick turn around...(Couple days in the shop and then shipping)...well, mine has been gone three weeks. Conflict comes when companies don't do what they say. 2 days in the shop vs 3 weeks is a big difference. I am one of those guys that sen't it in the day the advisory came out...being told it would take a couple days.... hmmm, here I sit.

Sure I appreciate the service update...but let me know how long it is really going to take. If you cannot understand that, then you flunked customer service 101.

Old
  (#47)
himalaya
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

09.15.2011, 02:58 AM

Got an email today from Castle confirming the receipt of my return, after 2 weeks they physically got it. The email also says I can expect getting the unit back in my hand in 15 business days, sounds promising.

....What a Blue Sky....

Old
  (#48)
TexasSP
Something, anything, nothing

09.15.2011, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkinsb View Post
Outlaw...here is why guys are a bit "put-off". We were led to believe it would be a quick turn around...(Couple days in the shop and then shipping)...well, mine has been gone three weeks. Conflict comes when companies don't do what they say. 2 days in the shop vs 3 weeks is a big difference. I am one of those guys that sen't it in the day the advisory came out...being told it would take a couple days.... hmmm, here I sit.

Sure I appreciate the service update...but let me know how long it is really going to take. If you cannot understand that, then you flunked customer service 101.
Sometimes crap happens and you just don't know. They obviously thought it would be done in two days or wouldn't have said it. It happens in life. Not like being without your toy car for a month will kill anyone.

Bottom line is they found a potential problem and are fixing it. What more can you really ask for?!

Better than so many of the other RC companies who have known issue and act like they don't even exist.

www.cubicle101.com
A friends comic strip website.

Old
  (#49)
outlaw
Castle addicted

09.15.2011, 02:22 PM

TexasSP
You got my point 100%

thx

kind regards

Mirko

Brushless motors have to be green ....

Old
  (#50)
Pdelcast
RC-Monster Titanium

09.15.2011, 04:08 PM

Have to apologize for the delays -- the number of controllers we got back in the first week kind of took us by surprise...

About 9K of the ICE2 controllers have shipped, and the Mamba XL controllers start going out this week.

Thanks!

Patrick del Castillo
President, Principle Engineer
Castle Creations

Old
  (#51)
Kirkinsb
Brushless All The Way!

09.15.2011, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdelcast View Post
Have to apologize for the delays -- the number of controllers we got back in the first week kind of took us by surprise...

About 9K of the ICE2 controllers have shipped, and the Mamba XL controllers start going out this week.

Thanks!
Patrick, thanks for the update. -Kirk

Old
  (#52)
outlaw
Castle addicted

09.15.2011, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkinsb View Post
You and outlaw would make great business partners....haha.
You have no idea...

I work 15 years in customer service for a US company like Castle Creations only differnce is, our product is way bigger but at least as complex as Castles products.

It is all about reputation and even if some things don't work as expected and /or some bits and pices don't work for a certain amount of people.
You need to see the hole picture and the picture does tell one story

This guys try real hard and the meet almost ever customers needs
this is the feedback you will get back from almost every Castle customer in Europe.

customer support is NOT an deparment, it is an attitude

And in my opinion Castle is one of the only companys I know about, showing a great attitude towards there customers.

stop blaming and support Castle to make there products even better our go and buy Hobbywing or Tekin

just my 2 cents

kind regards

Mirko

Brushless motors have to be green ....

Last edited by outlaw; 09.15.2011 at 05:10 PM.

Old
  (#53)
NickRummy
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

09.22.2011, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdelcast View Post

Thanks!
Patrick, any updates on the XL status?

Old
  (#54)
fastbaja5b
RC-Monster Aluminum

09.25.2011, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw View Post
You have no idea...

I work 15 years in customer service for a US company like Castle Creations only differnce is, our product is way bigger but at least as complex as Castles products.

It is all about reputation and even if some things don't work as expected and /or some bits and pices don't work for a certain amount of people.
You need to see the hole picture and the picture does tell one story

This guys try real hard and the meet almost ever customers needs
this is the feedback you will get back from almost every Castle customer in Europe.

customer support is NOT an deparment, it is an attitude

And in my opinion Castle is one of the only companys I know about, showing a great attitude towards there customers.

stop blaming and support Castle to make there products even better our go and buy Hobbywing or Tekin

just my 2 cents
IMO Customers want a warranty but they want a product that's reliable so they need never have to use the warranty, and when the turnaround on that warranty is in excess of 2-3 weeks now? Then doesn't that say that the product is anything but reliable?

For people in the US it's an inconvenience, sure, $5-$6 post, send it in etc, but to send a MMM or MMMXL from Australia, tracked, insured etc it gets to the $35-$40 mark rather quickly, a week there, 2-3 week turnaround, 1 week back.....

You know what for $40 we can buy a Hobbyking 1/8 Esc, even if I blow one a month, I'm financially better off than buying a $100-$200 Castle ESC and sending it in for warranty every 4-5 months and having one spare sending it in every 4-5 months (which seems to be rather common). Plus it's a lot less stressful than waiting for the postman to show up with your warranty return or chasing customer support on the phone waiting for an answer. Any other company we'd be all over them like a rash, but Castle built a very strong "fan boy" base with the Mamba 25 and original Mamba Max (and yeah they were good strong reliable products) but how long can you live off past glory?

Say Less, Do More.

Last edited by fastbaja5b; 09.25.2011 at 10:12 AM.

Old
  (#55)
crazyjr
RC-Monster Dual Brushless

09.26.2011, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastbaja5b View Post
IMO Customers want a warranty but they want a product that's reliable so they need never have to use the warranty, and when the turnaround on that warranty is in excess of 2-3 weeks now? Then doesn't that say that the product is anything but reliable?

For people in the US it's an inconvenience, sure, $5-$6 post, send it in etc, but to send a MMM or MMMXL from Australia, tracked, insured etc it gets to the $35-$40 mark rather quickly, a week there, 2-3 week turnaround, 1 week back.....

You know what for $40 we can buy a Hobbyking 1/8 Esc, even if I blow one a month, I'm financially better off than buying a $100-$200 Castle ESC and sending it in for warranty every 4-5 months and having one spare sending it in every 4-5 months (which seems to be rather common). Plus it's a lot less stressful than waiting for the postman to show up with your warranty return or chasing customer support on the phone waiting for an answer. Any other company we'd be all over them like a rash, but Castle built a very strong "fan boy" base with the Mamba 25 and original Mamba Max (and yeah they were good strong reliable products) but how long can you live off past glory?
With all due respect, No matter what you say about enjoying castle products, Your sig and comments tell otherwise. I am no fanboy by any means, Most of my esc's are quarks with one MM, They won't die. With the comments i have read, If i were running Castle, yours would be the last ones fixed. Patrick has tryed to hasten the process, but with thousands of esc's coming in for repair or replace, They can only do so much. If hobbywing had a 1/5 esc, You'd never get this service. Of course you may only pay 75.00 for it, could justify buying 6 more and forgetting about it. Hobbywing will never recall anything, they got your money, they could care less. Patrick and Castle is making sure you get your money's worth, That's worth a bit of a wait, in my opinion. Anyone that will mail a free castle link to unbrick a 4-5 year old MM Is worthy of my money any day of the week.

Sorry, I think 4 pages of ranting due to a recall, is uncalled for. Doesn't matter if it's Castle, Tekin Or even Novak.

Work because i gotta, play because i wanna

People here hate Nitro, I love it. I start it, run it about 50 ft from me and it dies, I go after it. Perfect exercise

Last edited by crazyjr; 09.26.2011 at 07:26 AM.

Old
  (#56)
Knez
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

09.26.2011, 09:32 PM

So..Mambas XL will start going out in a few days...that is a news i been waiting..now i will ship my second MXL to you.

As for first MXL i sent...i been waiting like 4 months for it now.

Flux 5B CC 1520
1/16 Rally

My Youtube

Russian:Life and Trust is Lost Only Once!

Old
  (#57)
fastbaja5b
RC-Monster Aluminum

09.27.2011, 01:17 AM

My point is if someone pays $500+ for a MMMXL combo, it's not an unrealistic expectation for it to work.

Knez' 4 month wait for a replacement on such a high end esc isn't acceptable IMO.

Say Less, Do More.

Last edited by fastbaja5b; 09.27.2011 at 02:01 AM.

Old
  (#58)
crazyjr
RC-Monster Dual Brushless

09.27.2011, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastbaja5b View Post
My point is if someone pays $500+ for a MMMXL combo, it's not an unrealistic expectation for it to work.

Knez' 4 month wait for a replacement on such a high end esc isn't acceptable IMO.
Just because they do a recall, you do not need to send in. Even in the recall notice, it said most will probably work fine through their life. I can't account for Knez's wait, Figure they were researching the problem before either replacing or repairing. His was a repair or replace, so it wasn't a victim of the recall anyways. I admit it should have been fixed before the recalled HV160's though

Work because i gotta, play because i wanna

People here hate Nitro, I love it. I start it, run it about 50 ft from me and it dies, I go after it. Perfect exercise

Old
  (#59)
fastbaja5b
RC-Monster Aluminum

09.27.2011, 04:59 AM

..just noticed on the HPI Savage Flux XS forums that there are a LOT of ESC Flameouts there (rebadged Sidewinder SV2)

.....so the issues may not just be the MMMXL!

Say Less, Do More.

Old
  (#60)
FG101C
RC-Monster Aluminum

09.27.2011, 11:10 AM

Would it be safe to say that the factory Castle contracted to build these decided to cut costs and use cheaper parts not originally specified by Castle?

Just a thought.