RC-Monster Forums  
RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > Castle Creations

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old
  (#61)
Pdelcast
RC-Monster Titanium
 
Pdelcast's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 1,697
Join Date: Mar 2008
11.01.2016, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta_man View Post
Umm... Not Quite...

The Hobbywing 1/8th scale XERUN G2 rotors also have separate magnets at the back of the rotor to assure accurate timing. Pic on their web site shows that. Though they don't discuss details, a 4 segment ring is clearly visible at the back of, and separated from, the main rotor magnets. It is not clear from the pic whether they also have a flux shield between the magnets for the sensors and the main magnets.

I was kind of wondering who came up with the idea first, Castle or HobbyWing, since they are both being released so close together (though one can already buy the HobbyWing). Their pic was on their web site before your info was publicized here.

Interesting. The designs are different for sure.

It's actually a common design outside of RC-- but more expensive to manufacture.

I guess we were both working on it. Understood the same issues.


Patrick del Castillo
President, Principle Engineer
Castle Creations
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#62)
jcflyer
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber
 
Offline
Posts: 68
Join Date: Apr 2016
11.01.2016, 07:08 AM

I still haven't heard if there will be bigger motors make like the 2028???
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#63)
Pdelcast
RC-Monster Titanium
 
Pdelcast's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 1,697
Join Date: Mar 2008
11.01.2016, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcflyer View Post
I still haven't heard if there will be bigger motors make like the 2028???
Yes. It is so.


Patrick del Castillo
President, Principle Engineer
Castle Creations
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#64)
nitrostarter
RC-Monster Brushless
 
nitrostarter's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 3,156
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Gramercy, LA
11.01.2016, 10:15 AM

Where would the sensored benefit in the 2028 size? I'm thinking of these being run at 50% throttle or more all the time.


N. Rustler conversion
  Send a message via AIM to nitrostarter  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#65)
jcflyer
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber
 
Offline
Posts: 68
Join Date: Apr 2016
11.01.2016, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrostarter View Post
Where would the sensored benefit in the 2028 size? I'm thinking of these being run at 50% throttle or more all the time.
Drag Racing, that's what we do and cogging is a problem when leaving the line.

Last edited by jcflyer; 11.01.2016 at 01:45 PM.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#66)
Kcaz25
RC-Monster Titanium
 
Kcaz25's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 1,412
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Louisville, KY
11.01.2016, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta_man View Post
Umm... Not Quite...

The Hobbywing 1/8th scale XERUN G2 rotors also have separate magnets at the back of the rotor to assure accurate timing. Pic on their web site shows that. Though they don't discuss details, a 4 segment ring is clearly visible at the back of, and separated from, the main rotor magnets. It is not clear from the pic whether they also have a flux shield between the magnets for the sensors and the main magnets.

I was kind of wondering who came up with the idea first, Castle or HobbyWing, since they are both being released so close together (though one can already buy the HobbyWing). Their pic was on their web site before your info was publicized here.
You've made your point and I am glad to learn that Hobbywing also has the magnets on the back, but can't you see that if Hobbywing doesn't have the shield then the Castle design is still technically unique. It may come out later that Hobbywing also has the shield. I know castle has been working on this for long time because I have been following them on Facebook and they kept dropping hints.
This is Castle I will say. Hobbywing products work pretty good. But Castle is a company is on a different level. And they have always been above reproach. And let's not forget that they have propriety software that featured large in that video to turn these rotors even though that is not really what is in question here.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#67)
Pdelcast
RC-Monster Titanium
 
Pdelcast's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 1,697
Join Date: Mar 2008
11.01.2016, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdelcast View Post
Interesting. The designs are different for sure.

It's actually a common design outside of RC-- but more expensive to manufacture.

I guess we were both working on it. Understood the same issues.
Well, there are big differences between the Castle and the Hobbywing design.

I won't go into detail, because the differences are the "special sauce" -- but one big difference I can talk about is QuietSense.

Castle shields the sensor assembly from influence from the stator end-winding fields. This prevents high power fields from skewing the field being detected by the sensor, and prevents noise from causing invalid sensor outputs.


Patrick del Castillo
President, Principle Engineer
Castle Creations
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#68)
nitrostarter
RC-Monster Brushless
 
nitrostarter's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 3,156
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Gramercy, LA
11.01.2016, 02:47 PM

I see them on the website, but they say out of stock... Patiently waiting


N. Rustler conversion

Last edited by nitrostarter; 11.01.2016 at 03:29 PM.
  Send a message via AIM to nitrostarter  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#69)
Pdelcast
RC-Monster Titanium
 
Pdelcast's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 1,697
Join Date: Mar 2008
11.01.2016, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrostarter View Post
I see them on the website, but they say out of stock... Patiently waiting
And you have a little while to wait. We use a very high-end sensor that isn't available in China, so we had to ship them to China to be installed in the motors... And that was a nightmare.

But they are coming. Just be patient.


Patrick del Castillo
President, Principle Engineer
Castle Creations
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#70)
nitrostarter
RC-Monster Brushless
 
nitrostarter's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 3,156
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Gramercy, LA
11.01.2016, 03:30 PM

Patrick
Pass along to the engineers that we need a 3000kv motor in the 1410 size for crawler/trail truck. That's been some feedback I've heard from the release.


Are those prices valid too? I hope so.

EDIT: I went ahead and preodered a 1410- 3800.


N. Rustler conversion

Last edited by nitrostarter; 11.01.2016 at 09:49 PM.
  Send a message via AIM to nitrostarter  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#71)
Pdelcast
RC-Monster Titanium
 
Pdelcast's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 1,697
Join Date: Mar 2008
11.03.2016, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrostarter View Post
Patrick
Pass along to the engineers that we need a 3000kv motor in the 1410 size for crawler/trail truck. That's been some feedback I've heard from the release.


Are those prices valid too? I hope so.

EDIT: I went ahead and preodered a 1410- 3800.
The preorder pricing is valid. The retail pricing is valid (for now...)

For the 1410, I'm actually considering a 1410/1.5Y -- which would be about 2550kV. And possibly a 1408/1.5Y at about 3000kV.


Patrick del Castillo
President, Principle Engineer
Castle Creations
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#72)
jcflyer
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber
 
Offline
Posts: 68
Join Date: Apr 2016
11.03.2016, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdelcast View Post
Yes. It is so.
When can we expect to see them???
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#73)
nitrostarter
RC-Monster Brushless
 
nitrostarter's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 3,156
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Gramercy, LA
11.03.2016, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdelcast View Post
For the 1410, I'm actually considering a 1410/1.5Y -- which would be about 2550kV. And possibly a 1408/1.5Y at about 3000kV.


That's perfect! I may have posted this request on multiple places, just trying to be heard and it looks like we're good.


N. Rustler conversion
  Send a message via AIM to nitrostarter  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#74)
Pdelcast
RC-Monster Titanium
 
Pdelcast's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 1,697
Join Date: Mar 2008
11.03.2016, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrostarter View Post
That's perfect! I may have posted this request on multiple places, just trying to be heard and it looks like we're good.
Personally, I think the 1410-1.5Y will be the perfect crawler motor. I don't really see a need for the shorter motor -- the 1410 will stay cooler.


Patrick del Castillo
President, Principle Engineer
Castle Creations
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#75)
Pdelcast
RC-Monster Titanium
 
Pdelcast's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 1,697
Join Date: Mar 2008
11.03.2016, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcflyer View Post
When can we expect to see them???
Soon. Last I heard we were supposed to have samples in-house RSN.

This will be the first round of samples, and will need tweaking.

So, probably early early next year. January maybe.


Patrick del Castillo
President, Principle Engineer
Castle Creations
   
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



RC Monster




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com