RC-Monster Forums  
RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > RC-Monster Area > General Discussion

To Build an E-REVO...
Old
  (#1)
brijar
Knowing You're Hooked on RC: Priceless...

To Build an E-REVO... - 06.19.2008, 11:52 PM

I'm interested in building an E-REVO. I don't have much money, and don't really want to put a whole lot into it. It doesn't need to be very fancy. I had a brushless E-Maxx in the past. My main goal is to make it cheap, lightweight and reliable. I've got my Rustler to do the 60+ MPH runs.
I've got 10 A123 cells, so I'll probably be running 5s2p and 5s1p configurations, as I only have two 2s packs and two 3s packs.
I've also got 14 GP3300 cells, which are rather old, but they're there.
I've got a Mamba Max ESC, which I will probably steal from my Rustler and put a SideWinder or something cheap back into the Rustler.
I also have a Feigao 9L motor, which did pretty good in the E-Maxx, though I may try to pick up an 8XL or something.
I can probably scrounge up a radio system for it too, though a good steering servo may have to be bought.
I've got several sets of tires/wheels, so that won't be a problem, as well as some bodies, though they might be a bit short, so we'll see.

What I'll need is the roller itself, I think, that has complete front and rear ends, a chassis (3.3 preferably), and a transmission to be converted to locked single speed.
I will try to make my own motor mount, as I can't really afford the $60 one Mike offers, though I'd bet it's fantastic.
I will also make my own battery trays, as the A123's are pretty differently shaped compared to LiPo and NiMH.

This is still mostly theoretical, as I don't have all the money to put into this. I would love to keep the price around $200 or so, but I think that may be rather unlikely.

I would like to know how strong the transmission and the differentials are. Those were the weak spots on my E-Maxx, and caused me a lot of pain. Also, can the center drive shafts stand up to brushless punishment? They also were a problem spot on my Maxx. I'm pretty sure the REVO style slider shafts will hold up pretty well, based on what I've heard and what I haven't heard from others around here.

If you can think of anything I'm forgetting, please let me know, or if you have any ideas of where to get stuff like the roller for a good price.

Thanx,
Brijar!!!

REVO 3.3 Conversion: 3906 trans, CC 1518, MMM, 6s Gens Ace 5k 40C, LST Diffs, Summit shafts
Slash 2x4 LCG
Two Slash 4x4s
Rustler

Old
  (#2)
azjc

06.20.2008, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brijar View Post
I'm interested in building an E-REVO. I don't have much money, and don't really want to put a whole lot into it. It doesn't need to be very fancy. I had a brushless E-Maxx in the past. My main goal is to make it cheap, lightweight and reliable. I've got my Rustler to do the 60+ MPH runs.
I've got 10 A123 cells, so I'll probably be running 5s2p and 5s1p configurations, as I only have two 2s packs and two 3s packs.
I've also got 14 GP3300 cells, which are rather old, but they're there.
I've got a Mamba Max ESC, which I will probably steal from my Rustler and put a SideWinder or something cheap back into the Rustler.
I also have a Feigao 9L motor, which did pretty good in the E-Maxx, though I may try to pick up an 8XL or something.
I can probably scrounge up a radio system for it too, though a good steering servo may have to be bought.
I've got several sets of tires/wheels, so that won't be a problem, as well as some bodies, though they might be a bit short, so we'll see.

What I'll need is the roller itself, I think, that has complete front and rear ends, a chassis (3.3 preferably), and a transmission to be converted to locked single speed.
I will try to make my own motor mount, as I can't really afford the $60 one Mike offers, though I'd bet it's fantastic.
I will also make my own battery trays, as the A123's are pretty differently shaped compared to LiPo and NiMH.

This is still mostly theoretical, as I don't have all the money to put into this. I would love to keep the price around $200 or so, but I think that may be rather unlikely.

I would like to know how strong the transmission and the differentials are. Those were the weak spots on my E-Maxx, and caused me a lot of pain. Also, can the center drive shafts stand up to brushless punishment? They also were a problem spot on my Maxx. I'm pretty sure the REVO style slider shafts will hold up pretty well, based on what I've heard and what I haven't heard from others around here.

If you can think of anything I'm forgetting, please let me know, or if you have any ideas of where to get stuff like the roller for a good price.

Thanx,
Brijar!!!

expect to pay $200 for a decent roller and I would go with a 9XL on your 5sA123s