RC-Monster Forums  
RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > Brushless

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Reset Mamba Monster Without Castle Link
Old
  (#1)
brijar
Knowing You're Hooked on RC: Priceless...

Reset Mamba Monster Without Castle Link - 12.17.2010, 02:12 AM

Just bought myself a Mamba Monster Max and put it in my REVO. Calibrated fine and everything, but with 6s A123 and a Castle 1518 (1800kv) motor geared 21/36, the truck only does about 25mph. It can't wheelie hardly at all and as soon as I touch the brakes it does everything it can to stop the motor immediately, then puts it in reverse. I'm pretty sure this is all just a programming issue, but I don't have a Castle Link handy to reprogram it. Is there any way to reset the controller to stock settings without a Castle Link? The hobby shop is closed tomorrow so I can't go up there to see if anyone has one I could borrow for 5 minutes.

Also, the fan doesn't seem to work (took it out of the case and applied 5v to it). Anyone know where I could get a cheap replacement (< $5)?

Thanks,
Brijar

REVO 3.3 Conversion: 3906 trans, CC 1518, MMM, 6s Gens Ace 5k 40C, LST Diffs, Summit shafts
Slash 2x4 LCG
Two Slash 4x4s
Rustler

Old
  (#2)
simplechamp
RC-Monster Titanium

12.17.2010, 02:32 AM

You can program it with your transmitter.

Here is the guide from Castle (see "Manual Programming, pg. 20"): http://www.castlecreations.com/suppo...s_ed_guide.pdf

Caster Fusion F8T - Serpent 811Be - Jammin X2 carbon e-GT conversion - Axial SCX10

Old
  (#3)
bruce750i
RC-Monster Aluminum

12.17.2010, 03:21 PM

Sounds like everything is wired up backwards. Swap a motor lead and reverse your channel 2. then recalibrate.
Your using reverse for forward and forward for reverse. And it sounds like its set at 50% reverse speed. It should run faster in reverse as is. Red led means it is receiving a reverse signal from TX. Green leds means a forward signal is being received.

I don't recall the size of fan but these fans are a good replacement option.

Last edited by bruce750i; 12.17.2010 at 03:24 PM.

Old
  (#4)
brijar

12.17.2010, 04:12 PM

The light blinks green when I give it throttle and it blinks red when I give it reverse, so I think everything is wired correctly. I calibrated it like the instructions said to, but I don't think that reprograms the throttle and brake curves. It seems to run about the same in reverse, but I'm not 100% sure on that so I'll go test it again soon.

REVO 3.3 Conversion: 3906 trans, CC 1518, MMM, 6s Gens Ace 5k 40C, LST Diffs, Summit shafts
Slash 2x4 LCG
Two Slash 4x4s
Rustler

Old
  (#5)
Overdriven
Destroyer of Tires

12.17.2010, 08:13 PM

You only calibrated the esc to the radio. You might want to check to make sure your endpoints are set to their max on the throttle channel while calibrating, might help. But with green light for throttle, that's right. I believe default settings are 75% reverse on the esc. Brake curve should be linear, and default brake setting I think is 100%, I usually end up backing it off to about 75% and it'll still lock up.

There are 3 settings for reverse, disable, delayed, and instant. Instant will reverse the motor as soon as the esc detects the motor isn't spinning. That means the truck can still be moving with the wheels locked (skidding) and itll go into reverse. In the delayed setting, the esc has to see at least one second of neutral throttle before engaging reverse, I like this setting best. It can be changed through the transmitter programming procedure, which I've never tried, but looks way too complicated for me. I'd live with it for a day until you can get a castle link, may end up making it undrivable if you mess up the transmitter programming procedure

LST XXL MMM 1717 Custom Fabbed Conversion

Old
  (#6)
brijar

12.18.2010, 03:46 AM

Wow thanks! I found how to program it from the transmitter. You just have to go into calibration mode and keep holding the throttle. Then it will go through each option and you can select yes or no based on a chart of programming options from the Mamba 25 user guide. That guide only lists 5 options that you can change, but my Mamba Monster went through 8 options, so I just left the last 3 at option 1. Anyone know what those last 3 could be?

http://www.castlecreations.com/suppo...er%20Guide.pdf

Wow this thing is great! Can't wait to drive it tomorrow!

Slash 2x4 LCG
Two Slash 4x4s
Rustler

Old
  (#7)
simplechamp
RC-Monster Titanium

12.18.2010, 07:19 AM

LOL I linked the transmitter programming guide in the first response!

Caster Fusion F8T - Serpent 811Be - Jammin X2 carbon e-GT conversion - Axial SCX10

Old
  (#8)
coolhandcountry
RC-Monster Mod

12.18.2010, 07:29 AM

I think that guide was for the small mamba not the Monster.
I just got mine in yesterday.

8 is motor timing
7 is cutoff voltage
6 is dead band
5 is drag brake
4 is punch control
3 reverse amount
2 brake amount
1 brake/reverse type

Peace!
Country
Help support the
Rc-Monster
Buy here

Old
  (#9)
brijar

12.18.2010, 01:36 PM

Wow, fail. Thanks for the link, I had read the first part of that but must have skipped the part about manual programming. Well now I know how to program it so everything should be good from here. Thanks a lot!

Slash 2x4 LCG
Two Slash 4x4s
Rustler