RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > RC-Monster Area > General Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
USPS "Unclaimed" Item?
Old
  (#1)
Cody.McP

USPS "Unclaimed" Item? - 12.21.2010, 12:12 AM

So I won an auction on Wednesday Afternoon for an 8ight-T rear diff and it was shipped via First class mail the same day. I was just looking at the tracking today because I thought that it would have been here by now or tomorrow at the latest and I came across this:

Class: First-Class Mail®
Service(s): Delivery Confirmation™

Your item was returned to the sender on December 18, 2010 because it was not claimed by the addressee.

Detailed Results:

Unclaimed, December 18, 2010, 10:43 am, SAN DIEGO, CA
Arrival at Post Office, December 18, 2010, 8:49 am, SAN DIEGO, CA 92130
Processed through Sort Facility, December 18, 2010, 5:00 am, SAN DIEGO, CA 92186
Processed through Sort Facility, December 15, 2010, 6:59 pm, PHILADELPHIA, PA 19116
Electronic Shipping Info Received, December 15, 2010

I've been having issues with USPS around here but on Saturday I was home all morning until 1 or 2 PM, never heard a knock or a doorbell ring and never got a delivery attempt notice on the door either. I was wondering why this might have happened? Something similar happened a couple weeks ago when Mike sent me some Mod 1.2 pinions for my Baja. I never got a delivery attempt notice and they just kept it at the Post Office after one "supposed" delivery attempt.

So do I call USPS or the vendor and have them reship me the item? Will I have to pay for shipping again? This is kind of frustrating...

Old
  (#2)
What's_nitro?
Soldermaster Extraordinaire

12.21.2010, 01:04 AM

So you had less than 2 hours to "claim" it? That's bullshit. I'd call USPS and verbally rip them a new one.

I am faster than Buzz Lightyear.

Old
  (#3)
Cody.McP

12.21.2010, 01:16 AM

Yeah, luckily this wasn't a super important item but if this happens with the 2-3 Christmas shipments I have coming in I am going to be extremely mad. I'll just have to call them tomorrow and hopefully they will send it back to me.

Old
  (#4)
FG101C
RC-Monster Aluminum

12.21.2010, 01:35 AM

Probably did'nt even attempt. This time of year they are hammered, some people who would rather F off than do their job and probably just brought it back without an attempt.

Old
  (#5)
bryan
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

12.21.2010, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG101C View Post
Probably did'nt even attempt. This time of year they are hammered, some people who would rather F off than do their job and probably just brought it back without an attempt.
Yeah pretty much... What time is your normal delivery?

Old
  (#6)
Cody.McP

12.21.2010, 02:19 AM

My usual delivery time is around 9-11am so judging by the tracking information my post office got it around 9 and then decided to not send it out for delivery? Usually tracking info says something along the lines of "out for delivery" or "delivery attempted" but this time there was nothing but this unclaimed thing.

Old
  (#7)
simplechamp
RC-Monster Titanium

12.21.2010, 02:51 AM

I would guess it's a mistake brought on because of the high-volume they have this time of year. More likely for things to get lost in the shuffle. Look on the bright side, better to have returned by accident than have it lost completely. They should be able to get you sorted out.

Caster Fusion F8T - Serpent 811Be - Jammin X2 carbon e-GT conversion - Axial SCX10

Simple
Old
  (#8)
JERRY2KONE
JERRY2KONE SUPERMAXX

Simple - 12.21.2010, 04:17 AM

This seems simple to me. If I were having an issue receiving mail I would wait around and greet the mail man. Depending on his or her attitude upon meeting them I would just comment on your issue and see what they have to say, then I would go down to the post office with your situation to let them know that you are having a problem. This should at the very least send up a red flag and keep them watching for your stuff and hopefully try to make sure it does not happen again. If any item gets returned by USPS there is nothing they can do. You will have to contact the vendor and discuss the matter with them directly and see if it can be shipped again, because it was not your mistake. As long as you approach this with civility and calmness the result should work out in your favor. If you approach this as another pissed off loose cannon things may just get worse for you. You do not want to piss off your USPS mailman. That could get pretty ugly.

SUPERMAXX YOUR LIFE.

Old
  (#9)
Cody.McP

12.21.2010, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERRY2KONE View Post
This seems simple to me. If I were having an issue receiving mail I would wait around and greet the mail man. Depending on his or her attitude upon meeting them I would just comment on your issue and see what they have to say, then I would go down to the post office with your situation to let them know that you are having a problem. This should at the very least send up a red flag and keep them watching for your stuff and hopefully try to make sure it does not happen again. If any item gets returned by USPS there is nothing they can do. You will have to contact the vendor and discuss the matter with them directly and see if it can be shipped again, because it was not your mistake. As long as you approach this with civility and calmness the result should work out in your favor. If you approach this as another pissed off loose cannon things may just get worse for you. You do not want to piss off your USPS mailman. That could get pretty ugly.
Yeah I agree, I wouldn't want to piss off my mail man, I'll call or maybe head down to my post office if time permits tomorrow and see what's up. Like I said before this item isn't too big of a deal to not get right away, and I know I'll get it eventually, I just really need to make sure that my incoming packages for Christmas get on my doorstep in the next couple of days. Not having Christmas presents for my family would be really unfortunate.

Thanks for the advice guys.

Old
  (#10)
simplechamp
RC-Monster Titanium

12.21.2010, 06:30 AM

I would think in this case it probably has nothing to do with the mailman anyway. According to the tracking it showed up at the local office at 8:49AM and was marked "Unclaimed" by 10:43AM. The mailman probably never even had it in his possession, more likely an issue with the sorting/receiving workers. Although I can't say I'm exactly sure how the USPS infrastructure is setup in the local offices?

Caster Fusion F8T - Serpent 811Be - Jammin X2 carbon e-GT conversion - Axial SCX10

Last edited by simplechamp; 12.21.2010 at 06:32 AM.

Plus
Old
  (#11)
JERRY2KONE
JERRY2KONE SUPERMAXX

Plus - 12.21.2010, 08:22 AM

PLUS this whole tracking system is known for making mistakes and providing the wrong information. Still it is always good to meet with whomever is handling your mail every day to put a face on this service. Good luck with this matter.

SUPERMAXX YOUR LIFE.

Old
  (#12)
pb4ugo
RC-Monster Aluminum

12.21.2010, 10:46 PM

Don't even bother with your carrier. Like posted above, it probably never even got into his hands. If it did, approaching him first will give him time to fabricate an excuse. Go straight to the postmaster of your servicing office.

Old
  (#13)
Cody.McP

12.22.2010, 04:53 AM

Well, it looks like the Postal Service isn't the only one screwing up. Paid $30 shipping for UPS next day air and it got rescheduled to tomorrow (1 day late). I understand it's the holidays and they are pretty backed up, but am I entitled to a refund for the difference between two day air and next day? It was pretty darn urgent it got here by today too, looks like I'm just having bad luck. I mean, it arrived in my home city at 5:26PM, I would have gladly picked it up from their sorting facility if they called me... Oh well, that's what I get for procrastinating. FedEx is the only carrier so far that hasn't screwed up on me. *knock on wood*

Anyone else having bad luck with mail this holiday season?

..and I still haven't been able to call USPS or visit their office yet, it's been a really bad day for me.

Old
  (#14)
pb4ugo
RC-Monster Aluminum

12.22.2010, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody.McP View Post
Well, it looks like the Postal Service isn't the only one screwing up. Paid $30 shipping for UPS next day air and it got rescheduled to tomorrow (1 day late). I understand it's the holidays and they are pretty backed up, but am I entitled to a refund for the difference between two day air and next day? It was pretty darn urgent it got here by today too, looks like I'm just having bad luck. I mean, it arrived in my home city at 5:26PM, I would have gladly picked it up from their sorting facility if they called me... Oh well, that's what I get for procrastinating. FedEx is the only carrier so far that hasn't screwed up on me. *knock on wood*
That sucks Not only are you entitled to a refund on the difference, but if you bitch enough you will get all your shipping expenses refunded.

Quote:
I've been having a bunch of slow deliveries, none that I paid extra for one-day, though. I have one exception, though. I ordered something from Amazon and it got delivered next day (I'm a Prime member and get two day shipping) from OnTrac.

Old
  (#15)
DwightSchrute
I'm obsessed with The Office

12.22.2010, 10:24 AM

Quote:
well, SHIT YES!! I'm having issues too. I bought an e-revo roller on dec 12 and it still isn't here...it's been sitting in a small town in Pa.- about 4 hours from me the last 4 days!!! SONOFABITCH!!!!!!! i could have ridden my daughter's tricycle there faster! pisses me off to no end.

then i got some asswipe who decided to wait 6 days to ship me some truggy tires, so those will probably be another week.

i'll tell you what ...these buttholes who keep waiting a week to send me my shit are gonna get some wonderful feedback.

ok...enough from me...if i were you, i'd go to the postmaster at your post office and file a formal complaint. i did that after some shit was getting lost and undelivered and generally taking too long a couple of years ago, and it was fixed very very quickly.

i'm gonna go find a nice sharp corner somewhere to bang my head on for awhile. i hope your situation works out soon. say a prayer for me.

Merry Christmas everyone!!

8IGHT 2.0 2650KV MMP
8IGHT-T 2.0 2350KV MONSTER MAMBA
LOSI TEN SCTE NOVAK 3700 MMP
B44 MMP TRINITY D3 6T
B4 MMP TRINITY D3 9.5
E-REVO BRUSHLESS EDITION