RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > RC-Monster Area > General Discussion

Two non working ESC's, need help
Old
  (#1)
nastety92
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

Two non working ESC's, need help - 12.22.2010, 02:14 PM

So I'm looking for a little help with selecting a ESC.

I have a CRT.5 and up until recently it was running a Traxxas VXL ESC and motor. Two of the three ESC gold plug in leads have come loose and are not attached to the ESC anymore. This is the older style ESC, the non waterproof design.

I called Traxxas and they will upgrade this ESC to the newer style waterproof version for $55 shipped.

I also have a Mamba Max ESC that does not work either, I believe it burnt up when I was using it. I called CC and they said it would be $75 to upgrade to a Mamba Max Pro or $50-60 to repair the Mamba Max.

Right now I would like to still run the 3500kv VXL motor, but which ESC should I upgrade to? I'd like to eventually go with a 1509 Neu motor or a 3300kv Medusa motor instead of the VXL motor.

I will be running a 2s and 3s packs.

What would you all recommend?

Thanks for the help,
Nick

Old
  (#2)
Arct1k
RC-Monster Mod

12.22.2010, 02:28 PM

I would open up the ESC case and try resoldering the posts...

Failing that for just CRT.5 use the MM is great however for the extra $25 i'd get a Pro... This will work out better in the long run being 6s capable and having the switching BEC.

Old
  (#3)
brushlessboy16
Im not dark, Im over ripened! xD

12.22.2010, 03:04 PM

+1 on the MMpro.

If you cant fix the vxl upgrade to the Mamba max Pro

Benjamin White
R/c Monster Team Driver
Jq the car, LST, Sportweks turmoil pro
Unconventional Techniques, Superior Results
  Send a message via Yahoo to brushlessboy16 Send a message via AIM to brushlessboy16 Send a message via MSN to brushlessboy16 Send a message via Skype™ to brushlessboy16 
Old
  (#4)
nastety92
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

12.22.2010, 03:06 PM

Thanks for the help guys. This was my original thought, I just wanted a little reassurance.

Nick

Old
  (#5)
_paralyzed_
working on a brushless for my wheelchair.....

12.23.2010, 04:05 PM

see if castle will upgrade you to an MMM from the MM. The only reason I see for getting a pro is if you are going to run sensored motors.

The pro is 2/3 of what the MMM is.

It's "Dr. _paralyzed_" actually. Not like with a PhD, but Doctor like in Dr. Pepper.

Old
  (#6)
nastety92
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

12.23.2010, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _paralyzed_ View Post
see if castle will upgrade you to an MMM from the MM. The only reason I see for getting a pro is if you are going to run sensored motors.
The pro is 2/3 of what the MMM is.
I asked that question as well. Castle will not upgrade from the Mamba Max to the Mamba Monster. The only upgrade they do it from the Mamba Max to the Mamba Pro. I would like to get a Monster eventually.

Once I get the Monster I'm going to try it in the CRT.5 on 4s with my 1512 1800kv motor.

Thanks,
Nick

Old
  (#7)
scarletboa
RC-Monster Aluminum

12.24.2010, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nastety92 View Post
I asked that question as well. Castle will not upgrade from the Mamba Max to the Mamba Monster. The only upgrade they do it from the Mamba Max to the Mamba Pro. I would like to get a Monster eventually.

Once I get the Monster I'm going to try it in the CRT.5 on 4s with my 1512 1800kv motor.

Thanks,
Nick

the MMP can handle more power than the MM and will be more than sufficient in your crt, even with 4s lipo and a bigger motor. i have seen the MMP used in light truggies before without issues. people run them in buggies without issues around here all the time.

They say a good mechanic only needs 2 tools - WD40 & Duct tape. If it moves, and its not supposed to, duct tape. If it doesn't move, and its supposed to, WD40.