RC-Monster Forums  
RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > RC-Monster Area > General Discussion

Old
  (#16)
TexasSP
Something, anything, nothing

10.13.2011, 01:57 PM

Ron Paul killed himself with the accusations against Obama in regards to the recent drone attacks. Paul is good at doing that to himself time and time again which is why I could never really get behind him. He goes off into crazy land and loses everyone except for his diehards.

I have been behind Cain from the beginning. Spit and polish is not what we need and Romney is too much of that. I think his one mistake will be sticking to the Mormon thing. He will lose people quick if he keeps beating that drum. He should learn to live and let live.

www.cubicle101.com
A friends comic strip website.

Old
  (#17)
sikeston34m
RC-Monster Brushless

10.13.2011, 06:33 PM

[quote=TexasSP;412921]Ron Paul killed himself with the accusations against Obama in regards to the recent drone attacks. Paul is good at doing that to himself time and time again which is why I could never really get behind him. He goes off into crazy land and loses everyone except for his diehards. QUOTE]

How?

I believe the point he was trying to make was:

Like it or not, these attacks killed a US Citizen. Some may think that Terrorism can't hide behind Citizenship, but if you follow the word of the law, Citizens are to be ran through the System because they have rights.

But..........all the "evidence" against this man is classified. No One can see it. So now our President has the power to side step the law of the land and issue a death sentence?

This is Un-Constitutional, is the point that Ron Paul was making.

Even Saddam was handed back over to his Government, was convicted of crimes by his peers and sentenced to Death.

Old
  (#18)
crazyjr
RC-Monster Dual Brushless

10.13.2011, 11:17 PM

[quote=sikeston34m;412928]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSP View Post
Ron Paul killed himself with the accusations against Obama in regards to the recent drone attacks. Paul is good at doing that to himself time and time again which is why I could never really get behind him. He goes off into crazy land and loses everyone except for his diehards. QUOTE]

How?

I believe the point he was trying to make was:

Like it or not, these attacks killed a US Citizen. Some may think that Terrorism can't hide behind Citizenship, but if you follow the word of the law, Citizens are to be ran through the System because they have rights.

But..........all the "evidence" against this man is classified. No One can see it. So now our President has the power to side step the law of the land and issue a death sentence?

This is Un-Constitutional, is the point that Ron Paul was making.

Even Saddam was handed back over to his Government, was convicted of crimes by his peers and sentenced to Death.
I have to disagree Sike, It says what he (Obama) has to do in his oath of office. I can't believe i will have to agree with an action of Obama, Really do not like his policies. But he is bound by his oath to protect this country and it's people from harm, Both "domestic and foreign". If we had tryed to arrest him, He could have done more damage than Osama Bin Ladden. Imagine bringing down the sears tower, maybe a dirty bomb in LA, or maybe a sarin attack in the NY subway, Could have happened. Sorry, But i agree with killing him to save possibly millions. I disagree with almost everything Obama has done, healthcare, stimulus, and general blaming everyone but himself. But i agree with this.

Work because i gotta, play because i wanna

People here hate Nitro, I love it. I start it, run it about 50 ft from me and it dies, I go after it. Perfect exercise

Old
  (#19)
sikeston34m
RC-Monster Brushless

10.13.2011, 11:39 PM

[quote=crazyjr;412932]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sikeston34m View Post

I have to disagree Sike, It says what he (Obama) has to do in his oath of office. I can't believe i will have to agree with an action of Obama, Really do not like his policies. But he is bound by his oath to protect this country and it's people from harm, Both "domestic and foreign". If we had tryed to arrest him, He could have done more damage than Osama Bin Ladden. Imagine bringing down the sears tower, maybe a dirty bomb in LA, or maybe a sarin attack in the NY subway, Could have happened. Sorry, But i agree with killing him to save possibly millions. I disagree with almost everything Obama has done, healthcare, stimulus, and general blaming everyone but himself. But i agree with this.
I'm not saying this Guy wasn't a really bad person.

But what did he actually do? Besides saying some bad things?

The USA occupies over a hundred countries around the world and we are spending Trillions of dollars on these wars.

Since when did it become our job to Police the World?

When are we as a country, going to wake up to the fact that we are broke?

It is time for our troops to come home.

Old
  (#20)
scarletboa
RC-Monster Aluminum

10.14.2011, 12:42 AM

Ron Paul is the best candidate. he will be the one to turn this country around and save us financially is he is elected. Ron Paul definitely has my vote and anyone who knows the REAL agendas of all the candidates will favor Ron Paul.

They say a good mechanic only needs 2 tools - WD40 & Duct tape. If it moves, and its not supposed to, duct tape. If it doesn't move, and its supposed to, WD40.

Old
  (#21)
crazyjr

10.14.2011, 02:05 AM

[quote=sikeston34m;412933]
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyjr View Post

I'm not saying this Guy wasn't a really bad person.

But what did he actually do? Besides saying some bad things?

The USA occupies over a hundred countries around the world and we are spending Trillions of dollars on these wars.

Since when did it become our job to Police the World?

When are we as a country, going to wake up to the fact that we are broke?

It is time for our troops to come home.
I agree with the second part, disagree with the first. That guy could recruit from inside the U.S., get possibly better equipment (security isn't any better, don't care what anyone says) I think he could have and would've done damage to this country, including loss of life. I can't agree with a known Terrorist sympathizer (probably a true terrorist) being allowed to live while talking about the destruction of our country, even if he is a citizen of this country. How many of us would have pulled the trigger on Timothy McVeigh, If we knew what he was planning? Either figuratively or literally, McVeigh was allowed, till he committed to doing it. I call the terrorist killing preventive maintenance.

While i agree with the constitution, I disagree that you can talk terror, or killing within this country without consequences. Even if you are a citizen

Back on topic, Romney will win. Another face and voice, polar opposite to the current face and voice. When hurt by government, people will go violently in the opposite direction. Ron Paul might be the right choice, but not extreme enough to get away from Obama's disgressions

People here hate Nitro, I love it. I start it, run it about 50 ft from me and it dies, I go after it. Perfect exercise

Last edited by crazyjr; 10.14.2011 at 02:14 AM.

Old
  (#22)
TexasSP

10.14.2011, 11:47 AM

I don't dislike Ron Paul, but these are the areas in which he cancels himself out. He will never be elected president due to this. He also has no charisma, which like it or not, helps in getting elected.

Ron Paul should be paid attention to and would make an excellent adviser, even a decent VP candidate. But much like Newt Gingrich he needs to be a mover and shaker in the background and not the main man.

You also have to realize that 99% of what Paul wants to do will never happen because it all has to move through congress first. This is an essential part of our constitution.

www.cubicle101.com

Old
  (#23)
sikeston34m
RC-Monster Brushless

10.16.2011, 08:26 PM

Here's a little clip to show how the GOP Debates are going.

Old
  (#24)
Finnster
KillaHurtz

10.17.2011, 12:50 AM

LOL, but Baldwin was a better Perry.

I would bet on Romney winning. Cain has a chance as long as the avg American doesn't hear about how the 999 plan would cost them a ton in tax increases.

Old
  (#25)
BrianG
RC-Monster Admin

01.03.2012, 11:31 AM

For those in caucus states: Is anyone going to the caucuses tonight?

Personally, I wholeheartedly support Ron Paul. What he says makes the most sense, is no nonsense and logical, very closely mirrors my views on things, and when all else fails he uses the constitution to decide things.

However, he doesn't have that charisma or "electability" or "presidential look" that some of the other candidates have, which I think will hurt him. And being 75 years old doesn't help either. Also, he may seem a bit "out there" on some of his policies, but I think that is more frustration than anything. Change for the better is not going to be easy; "When you want to make an omelette, you have to break some eggs"...

If he doesn't get the GOP nomination, I don't know what I'll do. As far as I'm concerned, we might as well keep Obama. At least then we'd know what we're in for versus the unknown...

Last edited by BrianG; 01.03.2012 at 11:42 AM.
  Send a message via Yahoo to BrianG Send a message via MSN to BrianG  
Old
  (#26)
TexasSP

01.03.2012, 12:14 PM

There is only one person I would vote for out of the current pack.

Ron Paul. Personally, I think it's time we let the world stand on it's own, protect our borders, and bring most of our military home. If other countries wish to have our services they can pay us for them. We can keep small operations in Europe, The Middle East, Asia, and so forth but no where near what we have now.

I can deal with Paul's issues but as you said Brian he is the closest to fitting me. I do not want Obama to continue as president but I am not willing to put Romney/Perry/Gingrich in there either. I don't want another repeat of the issues we had with GWB.

www.cubicle101.com

Old
  (#27)
BrianG
RC-Monster Admin

01.03.2012, 01:00 PM

Some people brand Paul an "isolationist" due to his foreign policy. But I'm with you; let's stop being the world police and start handling issues on our own soil. All we are currently doing is pissing other countries off and making enemies. From what I've seen/read, he is not afraid of war, but if we do have to go to war, let's go there, get it done, and leave. Basically; "sh** or get off the pot".

This business of bombing a country and then paying to repair it [to what we believe it should be] is bull****. I know if I was the leader of a 3rd world country, I'd want to have the US bomb me because I know they'd fix it up for me and it wouldn't cost me a dime.
Old
  (#28)
crazyjr

01.03.2012, 06:38 PM

Nice to see some support for Ron Paul, It's about time people learn. People need to see beyond the face and voice and look to the issues , we need to fix this country. If isolationism is the means, so be it. We expanded too far and thought we could protect the world, we thought wrong. Due to our government and financial system, we can barely afford to function much less to help. We need to fix our house, before helping others to fix theirs. Whether we want it or not, we are the leader of the free world, other countries follow our lead. we print money to cover our debt, other will follow. You can only cover so much, before you realize you have a problem. This has gone on too long, we need to do away with career politicians.

Old
  (#29)
sikeston34m
RC-Monster Brushless

01.03.2012, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyjr View Post
Nice to see some support for Ron Paul, It's about time people learn. People need to see beyond the face and voice and look to the issues , we need to fix this country.
VERY Nice to see Ron Paul Support!

Ron Paul has my vote!!!!!

Last edited by BrianG; 01.03.2012 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Fixed the quotation...

Old
  (#30)
BrianG
RC-Monster Admin

01.03.2012, 09:52 PM

Just got back from my district's caucus and Ron Paul won with 34% of the votes. The rest of the candidates got 25% or lower...