(#31)
crazyjr
RC-Monster Dual Brushless

01.03.2012, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikeston34m View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyjr View Post
Nice to see some support for Ron Paul, It's about time people learn. People need to see beyond the face and voice and look to the issues , we need to fix this country.
VERY Nice to see Ron Paul Support!

Ron Paul has my vote!!!!!
I have been following Ron since he run independant on '08

Work because i gotta, play because i wanna

People here hate Nitro, I love it. I start it, run it about 50 ft from me and it dies, I go after it. Perfect exercise

Last edited by BrianG; 01.03.2012 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Fixed the quotation

Old
  (#32)
TexasSP
Something, anything, nothing

01.03.2012, 11:24 PM

Ron isn't my favorite pick ever but out of the pot we have to choose from he is the only one that fits closely to my ideals and beliefs.

I am glad to see him doing so well in Iowa. It's been a strange year and I have no predictions of my own. I do know who I won't support though.

I am not so much worried on the "World Police" stigma as I am about the effort and money spent with very little gain. It's a poor investment in my opinion. Personally I think our borders and ports need to become a military matter and either the the Border Patrol be absorbed into the Coast Guard and be renamed as the all encompassing agency or the BP be dissolved and the Army take over.

I would also love to see a vast reduction in the numerous government agencies that exist.

www.cubicle101.com
A friends comic strip website.

Old
  (#33)
crazyjr

01.04.2012, 12:54 AM

Ron Paul got third, Romney and Santorum virtually tied for first

People here hate Nitro, I love it. I start it, run it about 50 ft from me and it dies, I go after it. Perfect exercise

Old
  (#34)
BrianG
RC-Monster Admin

01.04.2012, 01:02 AM

Yeah, tell me about it. Disappointed, but there's still hope...
  Send a message via Yahoo to BrianG Send a message via MSN to BrianG  
Old
  (#35)
crazyjr

01.04.2012, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianG View Post
Yeah, tell me about it. Disappointed, but there's still hope...
When you take into account, the media nearly black him out, unless he says something kooky, the fact that his policies are near polar opposite to the others, it's not too bad.

Old
  (#36)
TexasSP
Something, anything, nothing

01.04.2012, 10:06 AM

The thing is some of the others will have to drop out pretty quick since their numbers were so dismal. I think Bachman may be doing it really soon. It will be curious to see where thos people go. I don't know that I believe Romney can take it all the way. I mean, 8 votes and only barely beating out the third place guy doesn't really mean your the odds on favorite.

www.cubicle101.com
A friends comic strip website.

Old
  (#37)
BrianG
RC-Monster Admin

01.04.2012, 11:05 AM

I was really surprised how Santorum did to be honest. I figured Romney would be one of the top contenders - after all he looks like the presidential type. Some people just go for the look/charisma rather than what the candidate stands for on the issues. I guess it doesn't matter what he does as long as he looks good doing it.

When the wife and I first arrived at the caucus site, there was only around 6 people in the room, including the candidate reps and caucus officials. Well, the Gingritch rep and I started chatting a bit asking about who I was supporting and such. He surprisingly didn't have much bad to say about Paul except his foreign policy and that Paul wasn't "electable" (of course I was happy to enlighten him to my opinions on those arguments). He said Gingritch's experience in past position put him in a far better place to be elected. In light of the Iowa's results, I find it rather funny that he ended up so far down the list. He might make a comeback in other state caucuses/primaries, but he's low enough that I don't see it happening.

Anyway, I haven't written off Paul yet. He's still in the top 3 by a fair margin with only 4 percentage points below the leaders. Hopefully the other states come through for him.
  Send a message via Yahoo to BrianG Send a message via MSN to BrianG  
Old
  (#38)
Finnster
KillaHurtz

01.04.2012, 11:06 PM

Romney is the corporate donation whore, and is just burying everyone else with PAC money. Santorum isn't going anywhere. He only got so many votes bc Romney didn't have time to nail him with ads, and no one had time to learn what a douche he is. That will change soon enough.

Paul only really has the youth vote. Senior voters and the establishment hate him and his message. Lots of evangelicals don't like him bc he's not weepy about Israel, and promises to cut their billions in foreign aid. He needed to breakthrough in Iowa, and he didn't. He wont win w/o some big surprise in NH.

Hard not to see Romney winning. Gingrich is promising to skull F him in SC, but he'll plow through. Establishment is already rallying around him.

Still think he has poor odds vs Obama, just a bit better than the rest.

Old
  (#39)
crazyjr

01.24.2012, 09:13 PM

Well, it looks like Romney slipped and Gingrich picked up a bit. unfortunately Paul has slipped a bit as well.

On a similar note, I found this ironic, Obama got the Presidency on the Hispanic vote and a hispanic allegedly tried to assassinate him

http://news.yahoo.com/man-pleads-not...195522520.html