RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > Castle Creations

Issues with mmp and sensored motor
Old
  (#1)
mwe-maxxowner
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

Issues with mmp and sensored motor - 12.02.2015, 04:56 PM

Hey guys. I have a Telluride I've built up for a little crawling and some trailing. Don't laugh, set up right it's a blast!

Amyway. I have an et3s, reprogrammed to its full potential as a mmp, and a 2000kv 540 can Neewer 2 pole sensored motor. Seems to be a decent motor. I can crawl with it and my speed is decent (all on 3s).

However, if I nail the throttle from a stop, it stutters a little. Which winds up being annoying. If I'm rolling and I nail it, it's fine. My battery is a good condition 50c 5000mah SMC pack. I tried it set up as sensored only and set up with smart sense.

I believe my start power is set to med or high. Timing is zero, no punch control, 100% forward power. This isn't cogging. It's sorta like cogging, but it's not. Or it's not regular cogging. It sounds different than that. It just...stutters a couple times. Acts more like a power delivery thing than not knowing where the rotor is for a moment.

For what it's worth, with the sensor wire disconnected, it doesn't do this. But I can't crawl like that. It will cog as is normal for sensorless.

I swear I had another old mmp that would do a similar thing with a Novak motor. Is this just what I should expect from a Castle "sensored capable" esc?

Brushless-taking back rc!
E-revo is DONE!
  Send a message via AIM to mwe-maxxowner