RC-Monster Forums  
RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Questions and Answers > General Questions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old
  (#16)
Cartwheels

08.25.2007, 05:49 PM

If the pictures don't show up I can post them again, but one thing I have noticed was that not all fans are created equal. I was using the Sunon 40mm fans. Those were the fans I modded for extra strength. They all ended up with the fan blade assembly coming off the staff.

So I tried a different brand of fan. I tried the NMB-MAT brand of fan. They are more expensive but they seem to be stronger. They have what I think is metal in the center of the fan blade assembly. Which seem to help keep the fan on the shaft. They seem to be put together much better. In fact I couldn't get them apart to mod them without breaking them. I've only experimented with them so far, so I don't know how well they will survive in the long term though. I do know that they are much better then the Sunon fans.

I accidently stuck my finger in one of the fans and it took off a small chunk of finger nail and gave me a small cut. I was a little surprised. They might warrent having a guard on them.

You can get them at Digi key or Newark one. They are 12V @ $11.?? Model: 1604KL-04W-840

If anyone else has another brand that has been pretty tough please post which brand.

Last edited by Cartwheels; 08.25.2007 at 05:55 PM.