RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > RC-Monster Area > General Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old
  (#31)
jnev
RC-Monster Brushless

12.08.2009, 12:31 AM

I was one of those people that couldn't understand the fun in crawling like many others on here. However, after trying one just for a mere 10 minutes, I was completely hooked. Sold my 1/8 buggy and am currently building a full on comp rig. Just need an ESC and battery and it'll be good to go. I'll post up pictures once its finished.

Old
  (#32)
dezfan

12.08.2009, 12:45 AM

I guess you could always by a ill handling, over powered, monster truck and run it up and down the street.

Wait..............................never mind.

This is one reason crawlers are so cool, they are unique!

Videos.

http://s71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...t=CIMG5053.flv

http://www.orcrc.com/videos/warpig.wmv

http://s71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...rent=001-2.flv

Last edited by dezfan; 12.08.2009 at 12:49 AM.

Old
  (#33)
eovnu87435ds
A 16yr old with a combover

12.08.2009, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arct1k View Post
I find it a lot more social and more fun than racing.
The lack of nitro engines means that you can actually hear the person talking next to you. To me, it sounds like it would be a hell of alot more social

I was selling my hyper 7, and found a trading deal for an ax-10 with lots of fixins' since i've been thinking of crawling for a while. I have no clue whether I want to do it competitively, but I definitely want to give it a shot.

Also, seeing that there are lots of people who do some crawling on the side, and lots of people who want to start crawling, would it be worth starting a subforum for crawling? Or can we just take over that silly general nitro one?

Hyper 7
BARBIE JEEP!!
CRT.5
TC4
RC18B
I will fix your red-ringed xbox 360!

Last edited by eovnu87435ds; 12.08.2009 at 01:06 AM.
  Send a message via AIM to eovnu87435ds  
Old
  (#34)
Freezebyte

12.08.2009, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezfan View Post
I guess you could always by a ill handling, over powered, monster truck and run it up and down the street.

Old
  (#35)
TexasSP
Something, anything, nothing

12.08.2009, 10:19 AM

Even living in Florida get you a scale trail truck like the SCX10 and waterproof it. There is a lot that can be had in this venue. Not to mention the places you crawl are much more interesting than your street in front of your house or the local racetrack.

www.cubicle101.com
A friends comic strip website.

Old
  (#36)
JThiessen
RC-Monster Brushless

12.08.2009, 11:31 AM

Quote:

DEZFAN, that is one of the coolest trucks I have seen. Great work!

Losi 8T 1.0, Savage Flux - XL style, LST XXL, Muggy, 3.3 E-Revo Conversion and sitting outside 425hp, 831 Tq Dodge Ram Turbo Diesel. It SMOKES

Old
  (#37)
Bondonutz
Fat Kid Engineering

12.08.2009, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSP View Post
Even living in Florida get you a scale trail truck like the SCX10 and waterproof it. There is a lot that can be had in this venue. Not to mention the places you crawl are much more interesting than your street in front of your house or the local racetrack.
Good point, But the other problem is no clubs around here and none of the RC buddys think crawlin' is cool so it's solo deal. There only a few things that are fun by yourself.

I retired from RC, now life is all about guns and long range shooting.

Old
  (#38)
Desert Rc
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

12.08.2009, 01:31 PM

Quote:

This is one reason crawlers are so cool, they are unique!

Videos.

http://s71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...t=CIMG5053.flv

http://www.orcrc.com/videos/warpig.wmv

http://s71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...rent=001-2.flv
Ya Dez I have sweated this rig since day one. I absolutely love it and would buy it if that kind of cash. Unique is a understatement. Good stuff. You should post some more of you stuff and your vids.

Old
  (#39)
dezfan

12.08.2009, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freezebyte View Post
Truth hurt?

Old
  (#40)
jayjay283
RC-Monster Titanium

12.08.2009, 03:33 PM

I wish I had that spare time. Id make a f*#kin mack train set, 69 Bronco crawler and have all my crap fixed. At 38 I have to pay people to fix my crap. Time is harder to find than anything these days. Even when paying someone to fix your crap its still 2/3rd's time.. Must be so relaxing to make something like that and chill.. in through the nose..out through the mouth BREATH

Old
  (#41)
Freezebyte

12.11.2009, 01:07 AM

Inciteful and ironic input to say the least. I went to my LHS a few days ago and decided to play with the Losi Micro crawler, my first time driving on ANY crawler EVER in my life. The LHS guy who I know well, set me up on the Losi test cardboard with some obstacles to try and conquer to the top of a parts pile. I amazingly was finding myself having fun trying to figure how the hell to crawl up this rolled up car mat and up to this next box that was nearly as high as the crawler itself, while trying not to flip the crawler over like a retarded turtle or rolling off the side onto the floor. Unbelievably, I found the challenge fueling my drive to get up that box kept me going, I wasn't gonna let that damn box get the best of me! The LHS guy was watching me, laughing and smiling at me the whole time, as if he knew something.... After draining two batteries, I finally got up the box and on the RC parts pile and did a little victory pose with the micro crawler and I literally jumped into the air with a "Woooo!* I was so excited and proud of myself! The guy smiled at me and said "Now you know...." I was shocked at how the "challenge" of that damn box beating just forced me keep trying and going until I conquered the damn thing!

Now I want a Losi Micro crawler to play with in the apt this winter and a Night crawler in spring! What the hell has happened to me??!

Last edited by Freezebyte; 12.11.2009 at 01:13 AM.

Old
  (#42)
FastXR

12.11.2009, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freezebyte View Post
Inciteful and ironic input to say the least. I went to my LHS a few days ago and decided to play with the Losi Micro crawler, my first time driving on ANY crawler EVER in my life. The LHS guy who I know well, set me up on the Losi test cardboard with some obstacles to try and conquer to the top of a parts pile. I amazingly was finding myself having fun trying to figure how the hell to crawl up this rolled up car mat and up to this next box that was nearly as high as the crawler itself, while trying not to flip the crawler over like a retarded turtle or rolling off the side onto the floor. Unbelievably, I found the challenge fueling my drive to get up that box kept me going, I wasn't gonna let that damn box get the best of me! The LHS guy was watching me, laughing and smiling at me the whole time, as if he knew something.... After draining two batteries, I finally got up the box and on the RC parts pile and did a little victory pose with the micro crawler and I literally jumped into the air with a "Woooo!* I was so excited and proud of myself! The guy smiled at me and said "Now you know...." I was shocked at how the "challenge" of that damn box beating just forced me keep trying and going until I conquered the damn thing!

Now I want a Losi Micro crawler to play with in the apt this winter and a Night crawler in spring! What the hell has happened to me??!

I don't want to say we told you so, but.......WE TOLD YOU SO!!!!

Im glad you liked it. The micro crawler and a couple cases of beer and you should be having a blast...if not you aren't doing it right!

Old
  (#43)
Arct1k
RC-Monster Mod

12.11.2009, 09:05 AM

LOL And i micro crawler is a toy compared to its bigger cousins...

Old
  (#44)
76Bentley

12.11.2009, 09:49 AM

One thing to watch for is if you want to try it, get a good rig to start with. I am not bashing the Wheely King, but I got one when they first came out, 2wd drive ect.....up graded it, it was fun as a little monster truck, but then I started looking at some of the crawlers that were around....any way long story short, what I have dollar wise in my WK I could have gotten a good Ax-10 set up or if I had been really patient the Losi crawler, which would perform better I believe (my lack of driving skill aside ) than I can get out of my WK.

Old
  (#45)
Semi Pro
RC-Monster Titanium

12.11.2009, 10:14 AM

dont get a nite crawler, start off with a good rig, buy berg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semi Pro View Post
......maybe they want to be more like novak
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianG View Post
I'm telling Patrick you said that!