RC-Monster Forums  
RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > RC-Monster Area > General Discussion

Old
  (#16)
Overdriven
Destroyer of Tires

01.04.2010, 11:51 PM

When I think of the feeloading type of baby makers, and them overpopulating the world, I think of the movie Idiocracy.

LST XXL MMM 1717 Custom Fabbed Conversion

Old
  (#17)
BrianG
RC-Monster Admin

01.05.2010, 12:04 AM

Yeah, it may be a bit harsh, but I honestly think it is needed. As far as judging people: if it looks like a duck, acts like a duck, and quacks like a duck...it's a duck. I just call it like I see it. I just have a problem with all the freeloaders who think they are "entitled" to gov't help because they don't want to take responsibility for their actions/condition. Instead of being a temporary "helping hand" in a time of need, gov't aid becomes a way of life. Why work when I can get everything for free? It just seems that integrity and self-respect is becoming more and more rare. Yeah, maybe a lot of us don't need the "sterilization plan", but we are responsible adults who assume responsibility for our actions and don't want to live on someone else's dime. But applying the same policy for everyone eliminates any claim of discrimination because of age, sex, religion, ethnicity, income, etc - everyone is treated fairly. So, instead of the gov' just giving out handouts to any sob story, they should make the criteria more strict and also provide a clear and definite timeline. None of this "my pinky hurts so I can't work" or "I'll just keep popping out kids to get benefits" bullshit.

As far as that useless piece of garbage in the article is concerned, she needs to stop spreading her legs to any guy who feels like getting his wiener wet and start making the right decisions. If not for her, then for her kids' sake.
  Send a message via Yahoo to BrianG Send a message via MSN to BrianG  
Old
  (#18)
76Bentley

01.05.2010, 12:16 AM

I can't resist these discussions, as you can tell from my avatar.

First off, I don't see why we can't have in place a policy where if you are on government assistance and you have 2 kids, that is it. The assistance amount won't go up from there. Here is VA it is staggering, the more kids the welfare people pop out the more they get. So with the 2 kid limit, you can have all you want and no one is infringing on your rights, but the tax payers don't have to keep paying for you spreading your legs. I also think this should apply to the men that father these children too. If you have 2 little ones linked to you, then any woman you get pregnant gets nothing unless she takes your worthless a$$ to court.

Second, as far as the Duggar's are concerned, I think it is great that they have such a big family. Before you criticize them, you should check out there life style. They pay cash for everything, they use a system similar to Dave Ramsey. They get no help from the government and I very seriously doubt that there children will end up like a lot of welfare kids, who are on "the system" themselves when they are old enough. I just can't think of the guy they subscribe too, but here is Dave's website to give you an idea of how they handle their finances.

http://www.daveramsey.com/

Third, the whole notion of over population is another one of these Global warming, the sky is falling things liberals come up with to scare people into doing what they want them too.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...pulation-myth/

Evil conservative rant over.

Old
  (#19)
PBO
RC-Unobtainium

01.05.2010, 12:23 AM

http://www.smh.com.au/world/octomums...0105-lrlw.html

Convenient timing...

Enhanced Rustler 1515 1.5 MMM
Losi 8ight-T

Old
  (#20)
76Bentley

01.05.2010, 12:26 AM

http://www.amazon.com/America-Alone-...2665196&sr=1-1

This is along the lines of the discussion of the effects of the population myth for those of you interested. Mark Steyn is a conservative, but this book does a good job at looking mathematically at the effects of a declining population rates in developed countries and the effects on the culture on countries and regions.

I am sure Neil can chime in on some of the problems arising in the UK from "peoples" moving there and not embracing the UK as there new home country.

Old
  (#21)
jnev
RC-Monster Brushless

01.05.2010, 12:57 AM

While we're on this topic, here is an interesting video from youtube. It doesn't really start until 40 seconds, but the beginning may be interesting to read. Just something else to discuss.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-3X5hIFXYU

EDIT: I also want to point out that I don't agree or disagree with the message. I simply posted it because I though it would be interesting for discussion.

Last edited by jnev; 01.05.2010 at 01:07 AM.

Old
  (#22)
_paralyzed_
working on a brushless for my wheelchair.....

01.05.2010, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Bentley View Post

Second, as far as the Duggar's are concerned, I think it is great that they have such a big family. Before you criticize them, you should check out there life style. They pay cash for everything, they use a system similar to Dave Ramsey. They get no help from the government and I very seriously doubt that there children will end up like a lot of welfare kids, who are on "the system" themselves when they are old enough. I just can't think of the guy they subscribe too, but here is Dave's website to give you an idea of how they handle their finances.

http://www.daveramsey.com/

Third, the whole notion of over population is another one of these Global warming, the sky is falling things liberals come up with to scare people into doing what they want them too.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...pulation-myth/

Evil conservative rant over.
19 kids is ridiculous however they are raised or live. But they're happy, so more power to them. Plus if they ever do fall on hard times they could all live in Ma's vagina.

And as far as the population "myth"- looking only at numbers they are correct, but what about resources? Non renewable ones? And what about the floating garbage islands in the ocean? There are too many people!! We are depleting resources and ruining the environment. Chemicals in the ocean that come from decaying plastics have been linked to increasing numbers of birth defects and could possibly be the source for autism and other maladies. No matter how you spin it, we are a plague on the earth. Luckily, I'm smarter than the average bear, so me and mine will be just fine. For now.......

It's "Dr. _paralyzed_" actually. Not like with a PhD, but Doctor like in Dr. Pepper.

Old
  (#23)
76Bentley

01.05.2010, 01:11 AM

Yeah that is the gist of Steyn's book. He also looks at Japan, China, and Russia. Japan is like Spain and Greece, they just aren't having kids. China has way to many men and too few women, so they too will experience a decline in population. And well Russia is just plain sad. The men are dying very young by our standards in the West and the abortion rate is through the roof. They have little hope for a better future.

It is weird, but in the life times of most people on this board we could see multiple cultures just disappear.

Old
  (#24)
PBO
RC-Unobtainium

01.05.2010, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _paralyzed_ View Post
19 kids is ridiculous however they are raised or live. But they're happy, so more power to them. Plus if they ever do fall on hard times they could all live in Ma's vagina.
Haha

19 is pretty ridiculous, someone is going to be starved of attention...if you apply some general unfounded statistics you'd say with 19 kids you're going to have issues with a couple of them before they leave home

Let's say Ma is awake 16hrs a day...that's less than 1hr p/child p/day. If a couple go off the rails, get sick or something else the 50mins p/child starts looking like 5-10mins p/day. It can't be a truly normal household can it?

Enhanced Rustler 1515 1.5 MMM
Losi 8ight-T

Old
  (#25)
gixxer
RC-Monster Titanium

01.05.2010, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianG View Post
I personally think everyone should be sterilized right when they are born, and then, if they want, it can be reversed later on when they come of age (I say at least 25 years old). But, they have to pay for the procedure (to discourage the freeloaders), and they must pass a competancy and financial responsibility screening.

I have no problem with that. Seems much better then having unresponsible parents who end up having the state take the kids and we end up paying for it all.

Kyosho SC, tekin rs, D3 17.5
Hyper 9e, mmp,tekin 1900kv
Associated sc10 4x4, novak 4.5

Old
  (#26)
76Bentley

01.05.2010, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _paralyzed_ View Post

And as far as the population "myth"- looking only at numbers they are correct, but what about resources? Non renewable ones? And what about the floating garbage islands in the ocean? There are too many people!! We are depleting resources and ruining the environment. Chemicals in the ocean that come from decaying plastics have been linked to increasing numbers of birth defects and could possibly be the source for autism and other maladies. No matter how you spin it, we are a plague on the earth. Luckily, I'm smarter than the average bear, so me and mine will be just fine. For now.......
Are you serious, we are a plague on the Earth. Little melodramatic isn't it?

It is all point of view. For every problem there is a solution. For instance, the garbage you are concerned about is now being transformed in to diesel fuel.

http://www.coskata.com/

And as far as resources go, our country for years has had the ability to grow more food than anyone can imagine. Google "Goverment payment for farmers not to grow crops" Tons of stuff comes up. Most recently food shortages came from the stupid policies supporting ethanol. Corn in the gas tank means no corn on the table. A fine example of the government screwing things up.

And if you are talking about non-renewable resources, I assume you mean oil and gasoline. Yes that will run out one day, but new tech is allowing us to get to deposits that once upon a time that we could not. Not to mention that there are loads of places in the US that we are not allowed to get the oil. And even then, the US is the Saudi Arabia of coal, hundreds of years worth. Not to mention, the technology is there, it is just a gallon of gas is more bang for the buck than the alternatives. I would imagine, baring any bone head political moves, that as the alternatives either 1. become cheaper through advancement or 2. become cheaper as traditional oil becomes more expensive will replace it.

And yes, no one will argue the need to ensure chemicals and other pollutants stay out of the air and water. But I would say it is better now than it has been in a long time. We are on the verge of all kinds of medical and scientific break throughs that will correct mistakes we have made and ones we will make in the future. Gene therapy, nano technology, and vaccines the likes of which my grandmother and her generation could have never dreamed.

And as far as numbers go, that was why I posted a link to that book, most industrialized societies are going to experience a population decline in the coming decades.

But you are welcomed to your opinion. And I will leave it at that.

Old
  (#27)
76Bentley

01.05.2010, 01:56 AM

For those of you that think 19 kids is ridiculous, you have no view of history. And I find it your attitudes offensive, my grandmother was one of 16 kids that survived, 18 total. They lived and were born long before anyone ever thought of a social program in the U.S. They were farmers in the mountains of Virginia and there family was the norm for lots of people in many areas of the U.S. People were from big families, they worked the land and they worked together.

Old
  (#28)
Freezebyte

01.05.2010, 02:03 AM

"I'd like to share a revelation i've had, during my time here. It came to me when I was trying to classify your species, and it turns out your not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet develops an equilibrium with its environment but you humans do not. You multiply and spread and consume every every natural resource, and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area.

There is another organism that follows the same path. Do you know what is it? A virus..... You humans are a disease, a cancer of this planet, you are a plauge. And we.... are the cure"

Old
  (#29)
76Bentley

01.05.2010, 02:03 AM

http://www.universityofcalifornia.ed.../article/21161

Here is an article from UC Santa Barbara about oil just seeping out of the ocean floor.
This pocket is the equivalent of multiple Exxon Valdez spills.

So would this make the Earth a threat to it self?

Old
  (#30)
Freezebyte

01.05.2010, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Bentley View Post
For those of you that think 19 kids is ridiculous, you have no view of history. And I find it your attitudes offensive, my grandmother was one of 16 kids that survived, 18 total. They lived and were born long before anyone ever thought of a social program in the U.S. They were farmers in the mountains of Virginia and there family was the norm for lots of people in many areas of the U.S. People were from big families, they worked the land and they worked together.
May I remind you that things where ALOT different on the planet 150 years ago?